PDA

View Full Version : Mom of Cyber-Bully arrested for child abuse

Codename Section
10-20-2013, 09:56 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/mom-accused-teen-cyber-bully-arrested-child-abuse/story?id=20617247

Kids learn from their parents. I had no doubt about this at all.

shaarona
10-20-2013, 10:23 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/mom-accused-teen-cyber-bully-arrested-child-abuse/story?id=20617247

Kids learn from their parents. I had no doubt about this at all.

The mother of a teen accused of bullying a girl until she committed suicide was arrested today on suspicion of child abuse. Vivian Vosburg, 30, of Lakeland, Fla., is charged with two counts of child abuse with bodily harm, and four counts of child neglect with great harm, according to the office of Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.
Vosburg is the mother of Guadalupe Shaw. Shaw, 14, and another girl who is 12 are charged with felony aggravated stalking for leading the digital torment against the 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick (http://abcnews.go.com/US/boyfriend-suicide-suspect-regrets-stopping-alleged-bullying/story?id=20607803). Sedwick leaped to her death from a concrete silo Sept. 9.
Vosburg's arrest is not believed to be in connection with the arrest of her daughter, but Judd said at a news conference this evening, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
Polk County Sheriff spokeswoman Carrie Eleazer said the woman is accused of "beating children she had access to."
Judd said news of the daughter's arrest prompted several people to alert the sheriff's office to a video posted in July on Facebook in which the mother is seen beating at least one of her children.
The video shows Vosburg repeatedly punching a boy's head while another older boy is seen laying on the floor, seemingly unconscious. "They were all laughing, cussing and throwing F-bombs everywhere," Judd said, "which clearly indicates to us that this is a normal way of life."
Vosburg hit the child at least 10 times, said Judd. Vosburg was given a chance to defend herself when interviewed by police on Thursday.
"At first she said, I accidentally hit him, and then she said, the two boys were seriously fighting, and then well I was having a bad day," Judd said quoting Vosburg.
Later she added, "Well I did go too far that day. It got out of hand."

continued............

She is trash .. which seems to be epidemic in Florida.

Dr. Who
10-20-2013, 11:24 AM
The misery and anger that flows from parents tends to poison the children, so it's unremarkable that any child in this woman's care would learn hateful behavior.

Mister D
10-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Little kids can just be evil before their conscience is fully formed.

Dr. Who
10-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Little kids can just be evil before their conscience is fully formed.True, but in general it is nurture more than nature.

Alyosha
10-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Nature developed humans to nurture young, not lay eggs in the sand and let them walk into the sea on their own.

Mister D
10-20-2013, 05:56 PM
True, but in general it is nurture more than nature.

The 'blank slate' is a thoroughly discredited idea that still seems to linger, along with much else, in the popular imagination. Just an observation.

Anyway, in this particular case I agree.