PDA

View Full Version : So what are the chances of the two parties coming to a budget deal?

zelmo1234
10-22-2013, 07:08 AM
We are in an interesting situation, we have until the Middle of Jan. to come to this budget deal and once again raise the debt ceiling.

While the Republicans lost the battle, by keeping the Sequester in tact, the next round of Cuts happens next year, with more military cuts and automatic entitlement reforms, which of course neither side wants. But the Democrats are totally opposed to..

Dems won the war in the press and public with the last shutdown, so republicans will unlikely be willing to shut it down, but a clean bill, does cause sequester 2 to take effect, cutting spending.

Dems will also have some pressure it the ACA is not nearing the 7 million mark, the number that needs to enroll to keep insurance costs from skyrocketing.

Republicans will be looking to save face with the public without tossing the base aside, which is a tight rope walk. Democrats promised to talk and compromise, and they don't want there base to see them cutting spending again?

So are we in for the Grand Bargain, or another shutdown, I have my doubts that congress can come to any conclusion that will benefit the people, and the President has already checked out of the leadership role!

Thought?

countryboy
10-22-2013, 07:10 AM
A better question would be. What are the chances of Repubeicans caving to the Demoncats? Pretty good, I'd say.

Alyosha
10-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Did I mention that I was looking into property in Belize?

zelmo1234
10-22-2013, 07:13 AM
Did I mention that I was looking into property in Belize?

I chose Grand Cayman nice tax laws, nice climate, tells the IRS to piss off with financial records?

Alyosha
10-22-2013, 07:15 AM
I chose Grand Cayman nice tax laws, nice climate, tells the IRS to piss off with financial records?

So does Belize, plus they have some nice communities being set up and very few laws.

zelmo1234
10-22-2013, 07:18 AM
A better question would be. What are the chances of Repubeicans caving to the Demoncats? Pretty good, I'd say.

I actually see them agreeing to a clean bill which would cause these Sequester Cuts to take effect!

If they totally collapse, they know that they are in for huge primary fights at home, ones that they are likely to loose.

Democrats will try and exploit that, but among likely voters, they don't fair nearly as well, Actually the split is almost 50/50 on the shutdown, and they are seen as less likely to compromise?

If we have any form of leadership I would say that the atmosphere is ripe for a Grand Bargain? But that is seriously lacking in DC

I think that if the ACA is failing still, you will see the one year delay in the personal mandate, Dems will hate that because of the taxes it will cost the government And the republicans would have a serious win if they kept the Sequester and got the waiver and the waiver for congress removed.

patrickt
10-22-2013, 07:25 AM
What are the chances of the Democrats even coming up with a budget they're willing to vote on?

ptif219
10-22-2013, 12:44 PM
If the democrats agree to delay in individual mandate it could mean an easy budget fix

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/22/delay-suddenly-not-dirty-word-at-white-house/