PDA

View Full Version : 'Redskins' Name Is Meant To Be A Compliment!

Cigar
10-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Pat Buchanan says there is nothing the slightest bit racist about the Washington Redskins’ name, arguing that it is meant to be a compliment. If anything, it is American Indians who need to show more respect to Redskins fans, the conservative commentator argues in his latest column:

Buchanan: 'Redskins' Name Is Meant To Be A Compliment!

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/buchanan-redskins-name-meant-be-compliment#sthash.iOvEpUK5.dpuf

:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO: Republicans; you just got to love them

Mister D
10-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Actually, it is! Do you think naming a football team after the fighting prowess of Indians was an insult? You know, like the Tomahawk Missle? :laugh: Did you know most Indians have no problem with it because they realize it's meant as a compliment?

So black...so dumb. You just gotta love 'em. :afro:

nic34
10-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Actually, it is! Do you think naming a football team after the fighting prowess of Indians was an insult? You know, like the Tomahawk Missle? :laugh: Did you know most Indians have no problem with it because they realize it's meant as a compliment?

You would know Indian lover...

Mister D
10-22-2013, 01:40 PM
You would know Indian lover...

Yes, I would. That's because I'm not drunk all the time, Chief. :grin:

nic34
10-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes, I would. That's because I'm not drunk all the time, Chief. :grin:

So you say Pocahontas.....

Mister D
10-22-2013, 01:44 PM
So you say Pocahontas.....

She married an Englishman because you guys can't hold your liquor. Faggots. :grin:

nic34
10-22-2013, 01:46 PM
She married an Englishman because you guys can't hold your liquor. Faggots. :grin:

And this is doubtless a display of "English" superiority....

Mister D
10-22-2013, 01:47 PM
And this is doubtless a display of "English" superiority....

No, kicking your asses was though. :laugh:

Cigar
10-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Mister D ... would you promise me one thing?

Would you please compliment an Native Indian for me ... please. :grin:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BGw1i2UPf-I/T6-iugf65FI/AAAAAAAACY8/WQMP7mYvMLY/s1600/chief.jpg

Mister D
10-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Mister D ... would you promise me one thing?

Would you please compliment an Native Indian for me ... please. :grin:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BGw1i2UPf-I/T6-iugf65FI/AAAAAAAACY8/WQMP7mYvMLY/s1600/chief.jpg

Did you meet him in jail? :roflmao:

Alyosha
10-22-2013, 01:48 PM
No one bitches about Tomahawk weapons used by the same military that committed genocide on the native population. There are so few natives left that I almost think the "Redskins" remind people that they are still living and existing.
Green Arrow

SMDT he's 15/16's Blackfoot right? Anyway, he said he didn't give a shit about this because he says he is "red".

Personally, I've asked about 5 natives (I don't know any more than that) and they are more upset about tribal sovereignty than the Redskins.

I don't feel like I can comment either way except to say that if we're going to force a private company to change its name then we probably also need to stop with the Apache and Blackhawk helicopters, Tomahawk missiles and other institutionalized names first.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 01:50 PM
The Indian motorcycle of the 1940's was so named for the express purpose of annoying various native American tribes. They were going to name it the Negro motorcycle but thought no white man would ever want to ride such a vehicle.

Alyosha
10-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Technically it wasn't "white people" who kicked the ass of the native people. The Chinese invented gunpowder. If they hadn't bothered to share that white people couldn't have been such terrors.

Alyosha
10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
The Indian motorcycle of the 1940's was so named for the express purpose of annoying various native American tribes. They were going to name it the Negro motorcycle but thought no white man would ever want to ride such a vehicle.

What is your problem?

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 01:52 PM
The Pontiac automobile was named after an Indian chieftain. Its no wonder they went out of business

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Who cares? They suck.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 01:53 PM
What is your problem?
What do you mean what is my problem. Everything that white people have ever done in the entire history of the universe has been for the simple purpose of pissing off some minority. I was just pointing that out.

Ravi
10-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Isn't redskin considered an insulting term? Pontiac isn't, nor is tomahawk, apache, or blackhawk.

Alyosha
10-22-2013, 01:54 PM
The Pontiac automobile was named after an Indian chieftain. Its no wonder they went out of business

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--nr-AmUuHgA/TbV_6cAyrbI/AAAAAAAABPI/BamFJ7J_AG4/s1600/gtfo+out+gif.gif

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 01:55 PM
No one bitches about Tomahawk weapons used by the same military that committed genocide on the native population. There are so few natives left that I almost think the "Redskins" remind people that they are still living and existing.
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)

SMDT he's 15/16's Blackfoot right? Anyway, he said he didn't give a shit about this because he says he is "red".

Yep, just like other people of Native American ancestry I know.

Personally, I've asked about 5 natives (I don't know any more than that) and they are more upset about tribal sovereignty than the Redskins.

Tribal sovereignty?

I don't feel like I can comment either way except to say that if we're going to force a private company to change its name then we probably also need to stop with the Apache and Blackhawk helicopters, Tomahawk missiles and other institutionalized names first.

Agreed.

nic34

They didn't "go out of business".

Now you're just making yourself look stupid AND a racist...

nathanbforrest45
Oh, anything that whites do is to be considered insulting. Where have you been.

Alyosha
What do you mean what is my problem. Everything that white people have ever done in the entire history of the universe has been for the simple purpose of pissing off some minority. I was just pointing that out.

I understand that you are annoyed at Cigar and Nic, but you don't need to make jokes at the expense of natives or blacks.

Cigar
10-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Wrong again ... most of my friends are White ... but they just happen to be intelligent. :laugh: so what would you know.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Does Cigar honestly believe that only Republicans support the Washington Redskins?

I think the team should change its name to the Washington Foreskins or maybe the Washington Liars.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Wrong again ... most of my friends are White ... but they just happen to be intelligent. :laugh: so what would you know.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Some of my best friends are white!!!

Cigar
10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
I understand that you are annoyed at Cigar and Nic, but you don't need to make jokes at the expense of natives or blacks.

The OP has some really Thin Skin, obviously it's neither Red or Black :laugh:

Alyosha
10-22-2013, 01:58 PM
I think they should change it to the Washington Drones.

Cigar
10-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Some of my best friends are white!!!

Wrong again ... not some ... MOST :wink:

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Honestly, if I were a Native American, I'd be more insulted that they named such a terrible team after my fellow NA, not that the name exists.

Mister D
Technically it wasn't "white people" who kicked the ass of the native people. The Chinese invented gunpowder. If they hadn't bothered to share that white people couldn't have been such terrors.

Europeans revolutionized warfare with gunpowder not the Chinese. That probably has something to do with the fact that western socities are far more dynamic than conformist Asian cultures. Furthermore, an army from the Middle Ages could have annihilated the Indians. Oh wait, they did. Read about the collapse of the Aztecs and Incas. :rollseyes:

nathanbforrest45

I am not annoyed at anyone. I just am pointing out the facts. I did make that up about the Indian being named the Negro but if we are going to get upset about a football team or a high school name then we should not be sparing in our condemnation of potentially racist remarks.

Cigar
I think they should change it to the Washington Drones.

I personally don't care ... but they did beat the Bears :angryfire:

Mister D
10-22-2013, 02:00 PM

And, yes, it was white people. What a weird thing to say...

Green Arrow
Europeans revolutionized warfare with gunpowder not the Chinese. That probably has something to do with the fact that western socities are far more dynamic than conformist Asian cultures. Furthermore, an army from the Middle Ages could have annihilated the Indians. Oh wait, they did. Read about the collapse of the Aztecs and Incas. :rollseyes:

Way to whitewash history.

(Oh, you have no idea how long I've waited to make that joke!)

nathanbforrest45
Wrong again ... not some ... MOST :wink:

I don't know what to say about some of your inane retorts.

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Miss Daisy would!

Alyosha
And, yes, it was white people. What a weird thing to say...

They had help is all I'm saying.

Mister D
Way to whitewash history.

(Oh, you have no idea how long I've waited to make that joke!)

You should have waited for an opportunity to say where it makes sense. :grin:

Mister D
10-22-2013, 02:02 PM
They had help is all I'm saying.

From who? The Chinese? lol

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Of course, it could be worse. They could have been the Jacksonville Redskins. That would have been REALLY insulting.

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 02:03 PM
You should have waited for an opportunity to say where it makes sense. :grin:

Well, it does make sense here. You're trying to essentially eliminate any advancement done by non-white cultures before white cultures made those advancements. Thus, whitewashing.

nic34
10-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Oh, anything that whites do is to be considered insulting. Where have you been.

"White" folks and others do some impressive stuff, like the new Corvette Stingray to be built at GM's Bowling Green, Ky. plant.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/specs/2014/

What is your problem with white folks?

Alyosha
10-22-2013, 02:04 PM

Well, in the Americas had the natives not helped both Jamestown and Plymouth they would have been fucked, so they return the favor with gunpowder as soon as their ships resupplied. I think when you thoroughly screw people over that help you survive and try to do them harm and succeed, it's not "God" helping you.

Anyway, I must leave this stupid thread.

Mister D
Well, it does make sense here. You're trying to essentially eliminate any advancement done by non-white cultures before white cultures made those advancements. Thus, whitewashing.

lol No, I'm simply explaining to you that the Chinese had nothing whatsoever to do with the European conquest of the New World.

Seriously, can anyone discuss race rationally on this forum?

Mister D
Well, in the Americas had the natives not helped both Jamestown and Plymouth they would have been fucked, so they return the favor with gunpowder as soon as their ships resupplied. I think when you thoroughly screw people over that help you survive and try to do them harm and succeed, it's not "God" helping you.

Anyway, I must leave this stupid thread.

Thank you for leaving.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 02:07 PM
They didn't "go out of business".

Now you're just making yourself look stupid AND a racist...

Really, Pontiac is still making and selling automobiles. Got a link to the 2014 Pontiac models?

nic34
10-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Furthermore, an army from the Middle Ages could have annihilated the Indians. Oh wait, they did. Read about the collapse of the Aztecs and Incas

... and all the Lost Knowledge..... as it is wherever ignorant brutes go...

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Of course, it could be worse. They could have been the Jacksonville Redskins. That would have been REALLY insulting.

About 30 years ago Jacksonville had a USFL team called the Bulls after the name of the owner, Bullard. The story was at least they used the first part of his name and didn't name them the Lards.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 02:11 PM
"White" folks and others do some impressive stuff, like the new Corvette Stingray to be built at GM's Bowling Green, Ky. plant.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/specs/2014/

What is your problem with white folks?

That question is a joke right?

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 02:12 PM
lol No, I'm simply explaining to you that the Chinese had nothing whatsoever to do with the European conquest of the New World.

No of course not.

Speaking of race is a Black Art

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 02:12 PM

I thought we were talking about the Chinese invention of gunpowder?

Mister D
10-22-2013, 02:13 PM
I thought we were talking about the Chinese invention of gunpowder?

No, for some reason Alyosha was and argued that therefore the Chinese helped conquer the New world. Yes, it was bizarre. I know.

Captain Obvious
10-22-2013, 02:14 PM
No, for some reason Alyosha was and argued that therefore the Chinese helped conquer the New world. Yes, it was bizarre. I know.

It does explain all of the chinese laundries on Manhattan Island.

nic34
10-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Really, Pontiac is still making and selling automobiles. Got a link to the 2014 Pontiac models?

Pontiac is an automobile brand, made by GM and dropped in 2009. Last I heard GM was still going strong. See that sweet Stingray?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac

Mister D
10-22-2013, 02:15 PM

Maybe all that shitty fast food killed the natives? It's killing us...

Cigar
10-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I would just Love to someone walk up to a Native Indian and say to them "I'm complementing you when I call you a Red Skin".

I would Love to see someone prove out that theory ... :laugh:

Mister D
10-22-2013, 02:20 PM
I would just Love to someone walk up to a Native Indian and say to them "I'm complementing you when I call you a Red Skin".

Please...if I bring a bottle of cheap whiskey I could have them do tricks for me. :grin:

Captain Obvious
10-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Here's what... I don't even know what to call you in order to distinguish - "people of color"? That's fucking stupid. Here's what you people (how'dya like that?) don't get. Walk up to an Italian and call him a wop or a dego. Walk up to a Polish person and call them a pollack. More often than not you'll get a big laugh.

Here's the difference - the rest of the immigrated population got over it, it's no big deal. They integrated. "Redskins" wasn't always a derogatory term and at some point it really needs to get off that wagon and be seen for it's historical value. All this talk about political correctness is silly, it only shows how un-inegrated some people are.

Time to stop blaming others and be your own man (or woman).

Cthulhu
10-22-2013, 02:21 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/AlfredNobel2.jpg

Alfred Nobel, inventor of Dynamite.

Sure, if we didn't have gunpowder, or dynamite, we'd have invented another way to make other people suffer. Just look at what fractional reserve banking has done. All races are terrifying.

GrassrootsConservative
10-22-2013, 02:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXYzffXxXQ

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Pontiac is an automobile brand, made by GM and dropped in 2009. Last I heard GM was still going strong. See that sweet Stingray?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac

But Pontiac itself is no longer, true?

I'm partial to Ferrari's and my absolute favorite car in the world is the Ferrari Dino

https://www.google.com/search?q=dino+ferrari&espv=210&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=OtFmUqTKDoTI9gT0q4CIAQ&ved=0CEMQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=657

Cigar
10-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Guess what else don't happen more often than not ... One Bullet in a Six Chamber Revolver more often than not don't fire a Bullet. :grin:

So say ... go ahead ... what up to a stranger and call them what ever you want. Because more often then not, they will laugh at you.

Good Luck

Kabuki Joe
10-22-2013, 02:29 PM

...no, from other European immigrants...who were also white...

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 02:30 PM
If I walked up to you and called you a human being I would probably be accused of being a racist.

Cigar
10-22-2013, 02:32 PM
If it's such a Complement, why are there no Teams called White Skins or Pale Skins? :grin:

It's only a Complement

nathanbforrest45
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/AlfredNobel2.jpg

Alfred Nobel, inventor of Dynamite.

Sure, if we didn't have gunpowder, or dynamite, we'd have invented another way to make other people suffer. Just look at what fractional reserve banking has done. All races are terrifying.

I like to go fishing with his lures. Dupont Lures are very popular in many parts of Appalachian America

Captain Obvious
If it's such a Complement, why are there no Teams called White Skins or Pale Skins? :grin:

It's only a Complement

Vikings!

...mmmmbitch

Cigar
10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
If I walked up to you and called you a human being I would probably be accused of being a racist.

Racist against what ... Humans :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Mister D
10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Vikings!

...mmmmbitch

And how many fucking times do I need to see Mustache Pete on a pizza box?

GrassrootsConservative
10-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Vikings!

...mmmmbitch

Indeed. I am Norwegian and used to live in Minnesota. Never heard any complaints from ANYONE about the Vikings.

GrassrootsConservative
10-22-2013, 02:36 PM
And how many fucking times do I need to see Mustache Pete on a pizza box?

The guy on my pizza box has a much bigger nose, like Mario.

Kabuki Joe
10-22-2013, 02:36 PM

...I was called a racist for using "black dood"...I told the guy I was talking about what happened in the thread and he shook his head...libs look for any excuse to be offended...

Captain Obvious
10-22-2013, 02:38 PM
and how many fucking times do i need to see mustache pete on a pizza box?

bastards!!!!

Cigar
10-22-2013, 02:39 PM
I have absolutly no idea what a "black dood" is ... :rollseyes:

Cigar
10-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Indeed. I am Norwegian and used to live in Minnesota. Never heard any complaints from ANYONE about the Vikings.

I got a buddy from Minnesota, he's always bitching about the Vikings :grin:

Captain Obvious
10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
And how about whitesploitation films like The Godfather? Saturday Night Fever? Braveheart?

Oh the humanity!

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
All you need to know is that its black. That should be enough to get your "Irish' up

GrassrootsConservative
10-22-2013, 02:45 PM
I got a buddy from Minnesota, he's always bitching about the Vikings :grin:

He must be black.

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Snakker du språket?

Mister D
10-22-2013, 02:47 PM
bastards!!!!

or Godfather Pizza? WTF is that about? :angry: :grin:

GrassrootsConservative
10-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Snakker du språket?

Not the language, just the heritage. And the food.

Lefse is fuckin delicious.

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Not the language, just the heritage. And the food.

Lefse is fuckin delicious.

Damn straight. I got to spend time in Trondheim with a friend. Best experience of my life.

Cigar
10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
He must be black.

Naaa he's White and he has 3 handicap ... :laugh:

GrassrootsConservative
10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Damn straight. I got to spend time in Trondheim with a friend. Best experience of my life.

That's cool. I also listen to quite a bit of music from that area. Should have mentioned that. Ever had crumcaka? (I think that's how it's spelled)

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 03:06 PM
That's cool. I also listen to quite a bit of music from that area. Should have mentioned that.

Me too!

Ever had crumcaka? (I think that's how it's spelled)

Krumkake? It's a Norwegian cookie, basically. Is that what you're thinking of?

GrassrootsConservative
10-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Me too!

Krumkake? It's a Norwegian cookie, basically. Is that what you're thinking of?

Ya, but it comes in a cone.

Green Arrow
10-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Ya, but it comes in a cone.

Don't believe I have. Definitely heard of it though.