PDA

View Full Version : Man Spends 4.5 Hours on Obamacare Hotline But Still Can't Sign Up

Professor Peabody
10-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Man Spends 4.5 Hours on Obamacare Hotline But Still Can't Sign Up

7:12 AM, Oct 22, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

Yesterday in the Rose Garden, President Obama touted the Obamacare hotline and recommended people call to sign up for Obamacare. "The point is the call centers are available," Obama said, sounding as though he were in the middle of an infomercial. "You can talk to somebody directly and they can walk you through the application process."

The president of the United States would add, "Once you get on the phone with a trained representative, it usually takes about 25 minutes for an individual to apply for coverage, about 45 minutes for a family. Once you apply for coverage, you will be contacted by email or postal mail about your coverage status."

But ABC News found a man who has spent 4.5 hours on the Obamacare hotline -- and he still hasn't been able to sign up for Obamacare.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/man-spends-45-hours-obamacare-hotline-still-cant-sign_764505.html

To me it's looking more and more like they want to postpone the full implementation from Jan 2014 to Jan 2015 AFTER the mid-term election. The problem with that is even though it should be without enrollment problems by then, millions will be left holding their backsides without employer coverage or spousal coverage and no way to buy from the exchanges. Worse yet it will dump the bulk of the deductible and yearly out of pocket sticker shock right into the lap of Hillary's Presidential run. It's going to be a great year.

roadmaster
10-22-2013, 11:19 PM
But ABC News found a man who has spent 4.5 hours on the Obamacare hotline -- and he still hasn't been able to sign up for Obamacare.

Doesn't surprise me. Most people just hang up.

Cigar
10-23-2013, 06:49 AM
All the whining and crying in the world won’t stop ObamaCare, it’s here forever. :grin:

BB-35
10-23-2013, 12:43 PM
All the whining and crying in the world won’t stop ObamaCare, it’s here forever. :grin:

Be careful of what you wish for......

Is this years thanksgiving turkey here early?

darroll
10-23-2013, 12:54 PM
I wonder if this bunch can operate a yo-yo.

Mainecoons
10-23-2013, 01:06 PM
CBS News, yep a bunch of liberals, rip into OvomitCare.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/23/scathing-cbs-report-obamacare-improvements-leading-to-incredibly-misleading-price-quotes/

Venus
10-23-2013, 01:55 PM
https://data.healthcare.gov/dataset/QHP-Individual-Medical-Landscape/ba45-xusy

Want to Access All the Pricing and Navigator Info From Data.HealthCare.gov? Signing Up With a Bogus Email Is Quick and Easy

Agravan
10-23-2013, 02:04 PM
I wonder if this bunch can operate a yo-yo.

No, but they'll spend $600 million in taxdollars trying to figure it out.

Venus
10-23-2013, 02:20 PM
http://youtu.be/s8Q8a3vTyQ0

Professor Peabody
11-09-2013, 12:25 PM
All the whining and crying in the world won’t stop ObamaCare, it’s here forever.

Even Aunt Katies says actual enrollments are "very low (http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/06/sebelius-obamacare-enrollment-numbers-are-very-low/)". Ya'all need 7 million before the end of March or it collapses. It's here at least till then.

Chris
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM

I've never know people who cheered failure the way you do.

Chris
11-09-2013, 01:05 PM
What's ironic is Healthcare.gov Could Have Been Worse (http://www.arnoldkling.com/blog/healthcare-gov-could-have-been-worse/)

CNN reports,

On the first day, there was a big problem that we hadn’t heard about before. “There was a fix regarding residency for Medicaid and CHIP that was not fixed correctly and is denying … 90% of people based on residency,” the war room notes from the day read.

As the documents move on and issues are tackled one by one, sweeping problems continue to appear.

October 9: “A new problem in the system has been identified: for about 30% of the 70,000 applicants, the system has skipped applicants through ‘events’ that are required to complete the application.” In other words, nearly a third of applicants couldn’t fill out the form, because the website was skipping “events” or entries they needed to make.

Imagine what would have happened had there been no issues with speed on the site, and tens of thousands of people had been able to use it at once. The results would have been so catastrophic that they would have had to shut down the site. Of course, if this were a private-sector project, it would not still be live. I cannot imagine any private-sector company willing to take the sort of risks that the government is taking right now.

lynn
11-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Even Aunt Katies says actual enrollments are "very low (http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/06/sebelius-obamacare-enrollment-numbers-are-very-low/)". Ya'all need 7 million before the end of March or it collapses. It's here at least till then.

God, I hope you are right if they don't get 7 million to enroll, it collapses.

jillian
11-09-2013, 01:58 PM
To me it's looking more and more like they want to postpone the full implementation from Jan 2014 to Jan 2015 AFTER the mid-term election. The problem with that is even though it should be without enrollment problems by then, millions will be left holding their backsides without employer coverage or spousal coverage and no way to buy from the exchanges. Worse yet it will dump the bulk of the deductible and yearly out of pocket sticker shock right into the lap of Hillary's Presidential run. It's going to be a great year.

is this another one of the made up horror stories?

jillian
11-09-2013, 01:58 PM

sure ya do… you and your obama deranged friends.

The Xl
11-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Barack Obama could start gunning people down in the street and he'd probably cheer.

Chris
11-09-2013, 02:01 PM
sure ya do… you and your obama deranged friends.

It's partisan like you who are deranged by Obama. He's just a man to me, not a God. And I don't cheer him or his failed policies.

Chris
11-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Barack Obama could start gunning people down in the street and he'd probably cheer.

He'd use drones of course. And they are cheering it.

Chris
11-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Some Democrats are not cheering.

The ObamaCare Dozen: The Democrats who voted for the debacle are now scrambling for cover (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303763804579183713385661566)

...Fifteen Senate Democrats plus Colorado's Michael Bennet who chairs the Senatorial Campaign Committee sat down at the White House Wednesday, and they want all and sundry to know that they let President Obama have it. Alaska's Mark Begich put out a statement saying he chewed out the big cheese for "absolutely unacceptable" mismanagement and "an understandable crisis in confidence." He must have drafted it in advance.

Oregon's Jeff Merkley chimed in to report that even after the two-hour encounter session that was not on the public schedule, he was still "very frustrated" and "I remain deeply convinced that this is a 'show-me' moment." Asked by Politico if Democrats were losing credibility, an anonymous attendee said, "You got to have it, to lose it."

Mr. Obama held their hands and told them not to worry. But that's also what he, Bill Clinton and other horse whisperers said in 2010. The "moderates" who made the Nancy Pelosi majority went on to be wiped out in the largest turnover of House seats since 1938.

...All of which has the ObamaCare Dozen—the Democrats who each cast the decisive 60th vote and are running for re-election in 2014—fleeing for political cover. We offer a list of the dozen nearby, and they're right to worry that voters might punish ObamaCare's implementation as they did its passage. But so far the 12 are trying to pull off nothing more than confidence tricks.

...The ObamaCare Dozen are receiving an overdue education in the damaging consequences of the bill they supported, all of which were predicted by critics in 2010. Any one of these Senators could have prevented the current madness by voting no. And now the President they empowered to govern from the ideological left has rejected even their de minimis fixes and is promising to "grind it out" even if the problems get worse. These Senators deserve to be held accountable at the ballot box.

Codename Section
11-09-2013, 02:11 PM

Pretty much. Then the cheerleading squad would say Bush gunned down more people so its ok.

The Wash
11-09-2013, 02:46 PM
I see them as the same. I got conned the first time but I am now enlightened. We don't control this system. We are controlled by the system. We can never produce change with this system because we do not own it. We need to create a system within a system.

lynn
11-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Obama is just the current puppet, we would be talking about the same issues we have with this President if Romney had won.

Professor Peabody
11-10-2013, 03:10 AM
Obama is just the current puppet, we would be talking about the same issues we have with this President if Romney had won. Of course you would because the Republicans keep nominating RINO's like Romney and maybe the next time around Christie.