PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart: Obama can't spin this turd

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 08:24 AM
After the government shutdown, Jon Stewart (http://www.mediaite.com/power-grid/person/?q=Jon+Stewart) said all Democrats had to do to regain political footing was “a mildly competent implementation” of the health care policy they’d been touting for three years, and somehow they managed to screw it up royally, leaving Stewart to tear into President Obama and the Democrats for failing to “spin this turd.”

Stewart was utterly befuddled at how buggy the Obamacare site is being. It’s so bad, even the calculator doesn’t work. Stewart said normally websites are set up so it’s “nearly impossible to not sign up for something,” but somehow the Obama administration managed to fumble at every turn.

He even had some choice words for Obama for defending the “product” of health care and saying that despite the massive number of people who haven’t been able to sign up, a teeny tiny bunch of other people managed to pull it off.
Stewart sent John Oliver (http://www.mediaite.com/power-grid/person/?q=John+Oliver) to sign up for the health care law, but for some reason he got trapped inside the computer and chased around by Pac-Man instead.

Watch the video below, via Comedy Central:
[photo via screengrab]

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stewart-delivers-blistering-takedown-of-obamacare-rollout-dems-cant-spin-this-turd/

Cigar
10-23-2013, 08:33 AM
If only there were other ways of registering for ObamaCare ... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lm9nJBWFrM&feature=player_embedded

You can sign up for ObamaCare in four ways. Online at http://healthcare.gov, by mail, in person, or on the phone at 1800-315-2596.

Time to shut down the Telephone Network, the USPS and all the Health Care Offices :grin:

Cigar
10-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Weirdly, the people complaining about the healthcare website not working after three weeks...

... were quiet about the Iraq war not working after eight years.
~ Andy Borowitz

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Weirdly, the people complaining about the healthcare website not working after three weeks...

~ Andy Borowitz

Except that doesn't apply to this widow who lost a husband in our two front wars.

Mister D
10-23-2013, 08:42 AM

~ Andy Borowitz

Which has what to do with Obamacare website? Nothing?

zelmo1234
10-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Priceless

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 08:45 AM
If only there were other ways of registering for ObamaCare ... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lm9nJBWFrM&feature=player_embedded

You can sign up for ObamaCare in four ways. Online at http://healthcare.gov, by mail, in person, or on the phone at 1800-315-2596.

Time to shut down the Telephone Network, the USPS and all the Health Care Offices :grin:

If only they didn't involve 1.5-4 hour phone waits. :)

zelmo1234
10-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Now! Now!

The bamster said everything is OK

My favorite part is the we have plan for only 600+ dollar a month. or just a mere 8K per year, that is going to help out those that can't afford insurance?

Cigar
10-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Looks like the Miss-information Machine is in Overdrive :laugh:

Hannity Caught In Huge Obamacare Lie, ‘Propaganda’ Alleged
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1000333/hannity-caught-in-huge-obamacare-lie-propaganda-alleged/#i1i0pLpIPmP3HeF4.99

nic34
10-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Amusing that all the detractors are so concerned that the ACA sign up is too slow.... :laugh:

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Amusing that all the detractors are so concerned that the ACA sign up is too slow.... :laugh:

Kinda Amazing ... I wonder what they will be saying in January :grin:

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Looks like the Miss-information Machine is in Overdrive :laugh:

Hannity Caught In Huge Obamacare Lie, ‘Propaganda’ Alleged
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1000333/hannity-caught-in-huge-obamacare-lie-propaganda-alleged/#i1i0pLpIPmP3HeF4.99

Jon Stewart works for Sean Hannity?

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 09:04 AM

I am concerned that it is a HUGE waste of money--OURS--for a online system that doesn't work. I am concerned that this fiasco, as predicted, has already raised premiums on the middle class, has made only advancements in "credits", and rewards the same people (insurance companies) who caused these problems to begin with.

I am also concerned that all of the single payer stuff went out the window when the medical and insurance industries pumped large sums of money into helping the Democrats get elected in 2008.

This is a farce and a sham and the ONLY reason why any of you who believe in helping the poor are for it is because you a) hate Republicans and b) Obama put his name to it and to back down now would mean a loss to Republicans.

The 100% truth is that this is a reward to insurance companies and very few people will be helped compared to who is hurt by it.

We should have expanded medicare or gone single-payer. We won't and can't now because the billions and billions made by the insurance industry will storm over those whores in Washington and they will never get rid of it.

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Jon Stewart works for Sean Hannity?

Yea ... it was reported on Fox :laugh:

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Yea ... it was reported on Fox :laugh:

Wow, who would have thought that a CNN was subcontracted like that.

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:07 AM
I am concerned that it is a HUGE waste of money--OURS--for a online system that doesn't work. I am concerned that this fiasco, as predicted, has already raised premiums on the middle class, has made only advancements in "credits", and rewards the same people (insurance companies) who caused these problems to begin with.

I am also concerned that all of the single payer stuff went out the window when the medical and insurance industries pumped large sums of money into helping the Democrats get elected in 2008.

This is a farce and a sham and the ONLY reason why any of you who believe in helping the poor are for it is because you a) hate Republicans and b) Obama put his name to it and to back down now would mean a loss to Republicans.

The 100% truth is that this is a reward to insurance companies and very few people will be helped compared to who is hurt by it.

We should have expanded medicare or gone single-payer. We won't and can't now because the billions and billions made by the insurance industry will storm over those whores in Washington and they will never get rid of it.

Would yo agree over 20 BILLION is a Waste also?

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Would yo agree over 20 BILLION is a Waste also?

I agree that lots of things are "a waste". Why do we need a 718 billion dollar defense budget? My concern is that we have wrecked a system for the middle class, wasted billions in the process, and allowed Roberts to spin the court to increase the opportunity for government to force us to buy shit we don't want.

But I'll repeat, specifically,

Cthulhu
10-23-2013, 09:17 AM

~ Andy Borowitz

Except that doesn't apply to this widow who lost a husband in our two front wars.

Or those who actually had to go into theater.

Chris
10-23-2013, 09:20 AM

Rather we're concerned about stinky government waste.

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Rather we're concerned about stinky government waste.

Is it still a Waste of money to invest in America?

Cthulhu
10-23-2013, 09:24 AM

An investment yields a return Cigar, this is anything but an investment.

This isn't just a money hole, it is the currency Abyss from which there is no return. The oubliette of fiscal sanity.

nic34
10-23-2013, 09:25 AM
a) hate Republicans and
b) Obama put his name to it and to back down now would mean a loss to Republicans.

Wrong on both. I'm not partisan on this.

It was time to make the insurance cos. accountable for the products they sell.

Expecting 30-40 million Americans w/o insurance to wait another generation for a better plan is not acceptable.

nic34
10-23-2013, 09:26 AM

They always expect to GET something in return.... not that it is the right thing to do.

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 09:28 AM

How does it make them do that? They raised premiums and changed plans so that they can continue to profit.

All it did was hurt people who already had plans by raising their premiums, cut hours for people all across the country, and allowed people who couldn't have gotten insurance to buy expensive insurance.

Wow, big huge favor.

When Bush expanded the federal health entitlement system he got shit from Democrats and yet...that's what we should have done here.

Expecting 30-40 million Americans w/o insurance to wait another generation for a better plan is not acceptable.

Why would they have to wait another generation for a better plan?

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
They always expect to GET something in return.... not that it is the right thing to do.

The right thing to do is not force someone to do something they don't want. That is not right, either.

As a result millions and millions of people will lose $300-800 a month at a time when hours are cut back and salaries are stagnant.

I am not stingy in the least and have no problem voluntarily sharing what I have, but this program is a giant pile of shit.

You know it, I know it.

I am now being forced to contribute to the rapists at United Health Care and Kaiser because of all of the idiots who supported this program.

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:33 AM
The right thing to do is not force someone to do something they don't want. That is not right, either.

As a result millions and millions of people will lose $300-800 a month at a time when hours are cut back and salaries are stagnant.

I am not stingy in the least and have no problem voluntarily sharing what I have, but this program is a giant pile of shit.

You know it, I know it.

I am now being forced to contribute to the rapists at United Health Care and Kaiser because of all of the idiots who supported this program.

I don't know why I'm being forced to drive under 65 just because other people can't handle their car.

Chris
10-23-2013, 09:37 AM

Government doesn't invest. It doesn't generate wealth. It only redistributes it.

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Jon Stewart To McCain: 'You Opened Pandora's Box' By Picking Palin http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jon-stewart-to-mccain-you-opened-pandora-s-box-by-picking-palin-videos

Stewart just tell in the truth again. :wink:

Chris
10-23-2013, 09:39 AM

Obamacare benefits the insrance companies. So logically then you're against it, right? Just checking.

Cthulhu
10-23-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't know why I'm being forced to drive under 65 just because other people can't handle their car.

A fair statement. So why should we all be forced to pay for another's health care because they can't handle their health?

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Government doesn't invest. It doesn't generate wealth. It only redistributes it.

WTF are you talking about ... The Government does and should Invest in it's own Country ... if not who the fuck will?

WTF are talking about redistributes?

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:46 AM
A fair statement. So why should we all be forced to pay for another's health care because they can't handle their health?

Simple answer ... you've already been paying for other people's Health Care for decades.

Now it's time for mitigation strategies like Preventive Care ... you know common sense medical techniques.

Chris
10-23-2013, 09:47 AM
WTF are you talking about ... The Government does and should Invest in it's own Country ... if not who the fuck will?

Sounds like you want government to fuck a lot.

Cigar
10-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Sounds like you want government to fuck a lot.

Don't divert ... who should invest in America's Infrastructure?

Cthulhu
10-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Simple answer ... you've already been paying for other people's Health Care for decades.

Now it's time for mitigation strategies like Preventive Care ... you know common sense medical techniques.

So because we've been doing something stupid for a long time, we should keep doing it?

This makes no sense.

nic34
10-23-2013, 09:58 AM
How does it make them do that? They raised premiums and changed plans so that they can continue to profit.

All it did was hurt people who already had plans by raising their premiums, cut hours for people all across the country, and allowed people who couldn't have gotten insurance to buy expensive insurance.

Wow, big huge favor.

When Bush expanded the federal health entitlement system he got shit from Democrats and yet...that's what we should have done here.

New Regulations:

Rate Review Provision - Insurance companies have to justify rate hikes of over 10% to the State.

Medical Loss Ratio / 80/20 Rule - Insurance companies have to spend at least 80 percent of premium dollars on claims and activities to improve health care quality. 85% in large group markets.

You must be covered and can't be dropped.

Eliminates pre-existing conditions starting 2014.

Why would they have to wait another generation for a better plan?

How long has it been since Medicare was passed? How many in our congress today would pass a Medicare for all? (My preference)

See what I mean?

Chris
10-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Don't divert ... who should invest in America's Infrastructure?

The private sector.

nic34
10-23-2013, 10:32 AM
The private sector.

....out of the goodness of their hearts.....:laugh:

Mister D
10-23-2013, 11:03 AM

or their own self-interest

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 11:08 AM

If I rob you of $20, then I buy an ice cream you didn't ask for and hand it to you...did it absolve me of robbing you? I mean, I kept $18, sure, but you got an ice cream cone out of it.

Cigar
10-23-2013, 11:10 AM
If I rob you of $20, then I buy an ice cream you didn't ask for and hand it to you...did it absolve me of robbing you? I mean, I kept $18, sure, but you got an ice cream cone out of it.

So tell that to the Red States :laugh:

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 11:23 AM
New Regulations:

Rate Review Provision - Insurance companies have to justify rate hikes of over 10% to the State.

Medical Loss Ratio / 80/20 Rule - Insurance companies have to spend at least 80 percent of premium dollars on claims and activities to improve health care quality. 85% in large group markets.

You must be covered and can't be dropped.

Eliminates pre-existing conditions starting 2014.

How long has it been since Medicare was passed? How many in our congress today would pass a Medicare for all? (My preference)

See what I mean?

Okay, do you not see from this why premiums are higher now?

Because when it is a percentage like 80/20 then in order to continue to make profits like before they must raise premiums because they only get 20% now.

Ergo, as I've said...the middle class is going to see a huge increase in their premiums.

Unless you believe insurance providers are altruistic.

Alyosha
10-23-2013, 11:25 AM

Why? It's the progressive system of taxation which red states are against that does this. If blue states want to quit voting for it then red states won't benefit.

There...go fix those red states' little red wagons! Let's make it a flat 15% for everyone, people and corporations. No deductions.

Green Arrow
10-23-2013, 11:44 AM

They wouldn't have had to if the Democrats had chosen principle over money. Now they not only don't get better, cheaper insurance/care, but they get worse.

Chris
10-23-2013, 11:49 AM
The private sector.

It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest.
~Adam Smith

Chris
10-23-2013, 11:51 AM

Are you talking about Russia, China under communism? America is purple...well, except to a partisan.

Chris
10-23-2013, 11:51 AM
They wouldn't have had to if the Democrats had chosen principle over money. Now they not only don't get better, cheaper insurance/care, but they get worse.

Principle over party. Partisans aren't principled to anything else.

AmazonTania
10-23-2013, 04:24 PM
if only there were other ways of registering for obamacare ... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lm9njbwfrm&feature=player_embedded

you can sign up for obamacare in four ways. Online at http://healthcare.gov, by mail, in person, or on the phone at 1800-315-2596.

Time to shut down the telephone network, the usps and all the health care offices :grin:

lmao 1-800-f-u-ck-yo!

AmazonTania
10-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Okay, do you not see from this why premiums are higher now?

Because when it is a percentage like 80/20 then in order to continue to make profits like before they must raise premiums because they only get 20% now.

Ergo, as I've said...the middle class is going to see a huge increase in their premiums.

Unless you believe insurance providers are altruistic.

Not to mention allowing higher risk patients to be covered... No matter what.

zelmo1234
10-23-2013, 05:14 PM

If the government is the one doing the investing? YES!

nic34
10-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Not to mention allowing higher risk patients to be covered... No matter what.

OMYGOD we CAN"T have THAT!!!!! :shocked:

Chris
10-23-2013, 05:46 PM
OMYGOD we CAN"T have THAT!!!!! :shocked:

Nice argument, nic, but in truth with that it's really no longer insurance and that is what the ACA is about.