PDA

View Full Version : Romney Opens up 14 Point Lead in Florida

Conley
01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
On the eve of the Sunshine State's Republican presidential primary, a fourth straight poll indicates Mitt Romney holding a double-digit lead over Newt Gingrich.

According to a Quinnipiac University survey released Monday, 43% of people likely to vote in Tuesday's GOP contest say they are backing the former Massachusetts governor, with 29% supporting the former House speaker.

The poll indicates 11% are backing Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and an equal amount are supporting former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania. Seven percent of people questioned say they are undecided, with 24% indicating they could change their minds.

The Quinnipiac poll was conducted Friday through Sunday, after Thursday night's CNN/Republican Party of Florida GOP debate in Jacksonville, which was the final showdown between the candidates before the primary.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/30/romney-holds-14-point-lead-over-gingrich-in-new-florida-poll/

The polls have been wrong before but it looks like Romney is going to roll to victory. With so much of the GOP leadership backing him I don't see Newt making it a race much longer.

wingrider
01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I hope not. now if we can get rid of Romney, we can elect Paul

Mister D
01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Gingrich said he'd endorse Romney the other day. I think he sees the writing on the wall.

Conley
01-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Gingrich said he'd endorse Romney the other day. I think he sees the writing on the wall.

Wow, he actually said that? I don't doubt it's true but I would have thought he would wait to even address that issue. I guess you're right and he does see the end.

Mister D
01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
I saw it on Yahoo. I'll see if it's till there.

Mister D
01-30-2012, 11:52 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/newt-gingrich-says-mitt-romney-mislead-country-still-131039947--abc-news.html

Conley
01-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks D, interesting quotes.

MMC
01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
This morning Gingrich promised he he would stay in the race and vowed to go on. What for? He does not have the money nor the organization which all keeps saying. He just got his azz handed to him in Florida and it was sytematic with his destruction.

Sounds like the only thing keeping him in the race now is his ego. Not anything to do with serving the people.....huh?

Mister D
01-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Ah, he's not going to pull a Huckabee is he?

MMC
01-30-2012, 01:57 PM
You know how it is.....he says this now and a week later he might drop out. Our Elections have really turned quite comical. Cater to and say whatever out their mouths to specific group of people in one state. Once gone it's ah, who cares what I said. Then right into the deflection and denial.