PDA

View Full Version : New York slaughter of mom, 4 kids: "its a scene youll never forget" cops say

Kabuki Joe
10-28-2013, 09:30 AM
...wow, 5 dead and no shots fired...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21206708-new-york-slaughter-of-mom-4-kids-its-a-scene-youll-never-forget-cops-say?lite

Mister D
10-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Damn...

Adelaide
10-28-2013, 09:45 AM
God, imagine what the father must be going through. This is terrible. The offender has to be at least a bit mentally ill - it reminds me of the Greyhound bus attack up here. I have a hard time thinking anyone with a clear mind could do something so horrible.

Mister D
10-28-2013, 09:45 AM
God, imagine what the father must be going through. This is terrible. The offender has to be at least a bit mentally ill - it reminds me of the Greyhound bus attack up here. I have a hard time thinking anyone with a clear mind could do something so horrible.

Yeah, I would think he crazy. With a knife? Four kids?

Adelaide
10-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I would think he crazy. With a knife? Four kids?

My thoughts. I'm an advocate against stigma towards the mentally ill, but I can't see any other way that a person could literally slaughter 4 kids.

Mister D
10-28-2013, 09:52 AM
My thoughts. I'm an advocate against stigma towards the mentally ill, but I can't see any other way that a person could literally slaughter 4 kids.

I didn't really mean it that way. When you hear about this kind of shit it's hard to imagine the person is in their right mind. That's not to say the mentally ill in general are even remotely capable of such an atrocity. I don't know...maybe it's just a defense mechanism.

roadmaster
10-28-2013, 10:02 AM
He was probably on some type of speed. Got angry at the world and killed. Don't think he is mentality ill.

Adelaide
10-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I didn't really mean it that way. When you hear about this kind of shit it's hard to imagine the person is in their right mind. That's not to say the mentally ill in general are even remotely capable of such an atrocity. I don't know...maybe it's just a defense mechanism.

I don't mean it that way, either. I'm thinking this guy must have had some psychotic break or otherwise an event along those lines to do what he did. People kill people all the time and aren't mentally ill - shooting someone for sleeping with your spouse, for example, is something a person can at least understand to some degree but actually butchering people, nonetheless family/kids, falls into a different category of "what the fuck". Millions of people with mental illness, myself included, don't run around committing violent crimes. But to do something like this, I have to think that something in his mind snapped and it sounds like from the article he had a lot of life stressors that could cause something like a brief psychotic episode or delusional disorder.

nathanbforrest45
10-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Before its over it will be traced back to racism toward the Chinese.

GrassrootsConservative
10-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Drawing attention to this line right here:

"He made a very soft comment that since he came to this country, everybody seems to be doing better than him," Banks said.

This is the mentality Liberals possess that makes them so jealous and spiteful of the successful.

Just saying. Don't be angry that other people are doing well, improve yourself.

jillian
10-28-2013, 10:57 AM
...wow, 5 dead and no shots fired...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21206708-new-york-slaughter-of-mom-4-kids-its-a-scene-youll-never-forget-cops-say?lite

amazing how gun nuts use every auto accident, and every other crime as a means to start shoving their pro-gun nonsense at everyone.

no one is taking away your guns.

normal people want rational controls that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people.

oh noooooooo!

GrassrootsConservative
10-28-2013, 11:04 AM
amazing how gun nuts use every auto accident, and every other crime as a means to start shoving their pro-gun nonsense at everyone.

normal people want rational controls that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people.

oh noooooooo!

Excellent rant jillian. Feel free to discuss the topic at any time.

nathanbforrest45
10-28-2013, 11:10 AM

oh noooooooo!

Right
We need to get rid of the constitution immediately. It is a document that we put entirely too much focus on. It only stands in the way of what government can do to the people. None other than Barack Hussein Obama has stated its a negative document and its time for a major overall.

Ban the Constitution - restore liberty to the government

nathanbforrest45
10-28-2013, 11:12 AM
"normal people want rational controls that keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people."

Liberals want irrational controls that take guns from everyone, not just criminals and crazy people. There are already 100's if not 1000's of laws on the books that are rational controls but as you can see that is not enough for liberals

nathanbforrest45
10-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Drawing attention to this line right here:

This is the mentality Liberals possess that makes them so jealous and spiteful of the successful.

Just saying. Don't be angry that other people are doing well, improve yourself.

That is a racist statement. Everyone knows minorities can never get ahead because of the Tea Party

Agravan
10-28-2013, 11:23 AM

oh noooooooo!
Amazing how leftwingnutjobs use any excuse to attack gunowners and push their agenda even when there is no gun involved.

jillian
10-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Excellent rant jillian. Feel free to discuss the topic at any time.

from someone of your extreme ignorance, i find that amusing

i did discuss the topic. *shrug*

jillian
10-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Amazing how leftwingnutjobs use any excuse to attack gunowners and push their agenda even when there is no gun involved.

who attacked gunowners?

i commented on "nuts" who think they should use every tragedy to push their gun nonsense.

or are the nutters going to start threads every time someone gets killed by something that isn't a gun just so you can rant about gun regulation?

again, no one wants to take away your guns.

and the use of the tragedy that occurred to once again rail about them deserved comment.

Codename Section
10-28-2013, 11:31 AM

oh noooooooo!

Do you actually honestly truly believe jillian that gang bangers and criminal have registered guns???????

Codename Section
10-28-2013, 11:32 AM
who attacked gunowners?

i commented on "nuts" who think they should use every tragedy to push their gun nonsense.

Like Pelosi, Feinstein or Obama?

jillian
10-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Do you actually honestly truly believe @jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719) that gang bangers and criminal have registered guns???????

i believe people drive drunk, too.

i know regulations offend you, but i don't think we throw up our hands and get rid of DUI laws because some people violate those, too.

do you?

and, no offense, it isn't the gang bangers and "criminals" going into schools and killing children.

or are we going to hear about chicago yet again?

Mister D
10-28-2013, 11:33 AM

i know regulations offend you, but i don't think we throw up our hands and get rid of DUI laws because some people violate those, too.

do you?

You want more laws, Jillian, as if they will have an effect on gun violence.

Mister D
10-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Like Pelosi, Feinstein or Obama?

or Cigar.

Codename Section
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM

Completely different argument. The car has a VIN and the driver usually has a license until the state takes it away.

How did the registered car or license stop the drunk driver?

do you?

Apples to oranges.

I am not offended about anti-murder laws or anti drunk driving laws.

I would be offended by background checks before you bought a vehicle tho.

Cigar
10-28-2013, 11:36 AM
or Cigar.

Say my Name Bitch :grin:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4387732736/hF4CF62B7/

Mister D
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Gay much? :huh:

Codename Section
10-28-2013, 11:41 AM
and, no offense, it isn't the gang bangers and "criminals" going into schools and killing children.

or are we going to hear about chicago yet again?

No, do we want to talk about outlawing divorce because most of the school shooters come from broken homes?

Gun violence is low compared to other forms of violence, did you know that? You have a 1 in 5 chance of being raped by a man and a less than 1% chance of being shot by one.

No one wants to look at why these things are happening. They just want to look at something they can blame instead of blaming people.

What is wrong with progressives and liberals today that they don't want to take ownership of the fact that we have created a violent culture?

jillian
Completely different argument. The car has a VIN and the driver usually has a license until the state takes it away.

How did the registered car or license stop the drunk driver?

Apples to oranges.

I am not offended about anti-murder laws or anti drunk driving laws.

I would be offended by background checks before you bought a vehicle tho.

yeah, well... i think people who are emotionally unstable or who have a criminal history or who abused their partners... or their kids... shouldn't have guns.

just how it is.

and you can disagree, but every responsible gun owner i know in real life is ok with it... just like the rest of the 90% of it that the extreme minority is obstructing.

it isn't apples and oranges. gun extremists always want to say law shouldn't apply to guns because "criminals don't abide by the law". well, d'uh... that's what makes them criminals. and they can be prosecuted BECAUSE of the laws prohibiting their illegal ownership of guns.

nathanbforrest45
I would have to say criminals and gang bangers are responsible for far more gun deaths than nutjobs walking into a school yard and shooting people. Over a recent holiday 75 people were shot in Chicago alone. I know you don't want to hear about this because it doesn't fit the liberal agenda. And if I can't mention the carnage in Chicago then you can't mention the carnage in Sandy Hook

And yes, dearie. The government is trying to take away my guns. Just because its not been successful as yet does not mean it is not diligently trying. And like socialized medicine they will keep hammering away at it until they do succeed.

Blackrook
10-28-2013, 11:22 PM
Up until a few decades ago, mentally ill people were put in mental hospitals so they couldn't hurt themselves and others. Now, it is nearly impossible for their families to get them committed. Some see this as progress.

The Xl
10-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Up until a few decades ago, mentally ill people were put in mental hospitals so they couldn't hurt themselves and others. Now, it is nearly impossible for their families to get them committed. Some see this as progress.

Right, we need a majority, perhaps with a nefarious motive, to get someones freedom taken away from them without a crime being committed. Sounds fantastic.

Blackrook
10-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Right, we need a majority, perhaps with a nefarious motive, to get someones freedom taken away from them without a crime being committed. Sounds fantastic.
My guess is you don't know anything about mentally ill people and the problems their families have to deal with.