PDA

View Full Version : Alison Lundergan Grimes Slams McConnell Over Shutdown In Fiery Web Ad

Cigar
10-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes, the Democratic challenger to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), slammed the senator for his role in the government shutdown in a new web ad released Monday.

"Mitch McConnell can't light the house on fire, then claim credit for putting it out, especially while it's still burning," the 30-second spot's narrator said over an image of a burning home. Despite telling constituents that a government shutdown "won't stop Obamacare," McConnell had refused to intervene in the shutdown fight until a debt crisis reared its head. He has since vowed that the government will not be shuttered again over the health care law.

The ad's narrator went on to argue that McConnell's shutdown politics hurt Kentucky's economy and pointed out that McConnell called himself a "proud guardian of gridlock," blocking Congress over 400 times.

A survey from Public Policy Polling, released a day after McConnell struck a deal with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) to avoid a debt default, showed Grimes leading McConnell 45 percent to 43 percent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc5BVJiSOug&feature=player_embedded

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dem-opponent-slams-mcconnell-over-shutdown-in-fiery-web-ad-video

I sure hope no one's bait gets inflamed over this .... :laugh:

jillian
10-28-2013, 12:53 PM
you know, i like her... and mcconnell has a lot wrong with him.

but i'm not sure that one is fair given he was instrumental in ending the shutdown... he was the one person in congress to act to his own detriment considering he has a teatard opponent. so i give him that one...

Cigar
10-28-2013, 12:56 PM
you know, i like her... and mcconnell has a lot wrong with him.

but i'm not sure that one is fair given he was instrumental in ending the shutdown... he was the one person in congress to act to his own detriment considering he has a teatard opponent. so i give him that one...

I shouldn't have happened in the first place and he keep his mouth shut until after it was too late.

Didn't he know his own State would be hit the hardest?

Common
10-28-2013, 02:34 PM
McConnel isnt a flaming nutjob rightwingading. He got played out of position by attacks by the teaparty and he folded for awhile. It looks like he said to hell with them and decided to give them a fight win or lose.

Lets not get this whole mess convoluted more than necessary. The lionshare of republicans are good americans that love their country. YES there is disagreements between the two sides on whats best for the country. Somehow in the past they always put their heads together and came up with solutions, solutions that NEVER made the far left happy or the far right happy but it did make most americans happy.
This new redneck instilled dumbadim constant loudmouthed screaming ranting BS is not going to be what america is in the long run. They have havent won a SINGLE THING YET all they do is everytime they open their mouths they lose and look like smacked arses.

Ted Cruz is now running around saying he won the shutdown ? they should make that dumbadim moron a vip here

Green Arrow
10-28-2013, 04:03 PM
McConnel isnt a flaming nutjob rightwingading.

This new redneck instilled dumbadim constant loudmouthed screaming ranting BS

they should make that dumbadim moron a vip here

Is this high-class political discussion, now? Inventing random words that sound like the babbling of a baby?

"Dumbadim?" "Rightwingading?" What do these new words even mean?

And seriously, man, take a breath. That second sentence I quoted is liable to make you run out of air.