PDA

View Full Version : Poor Downtrodden Goverment Workers

patrickt
10-28-2013, 04:31 PM
"(CNSNews.com) - A government worker is 38 percent more likely to be absent from work for personal reasons or illnesses than a private-sector worker, and government workers miss 50 percent more of their usual work hours as a result of such absences than do private sector workers, according to data (http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat47.htm) from the Bureau of Labor Statistics."
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/bls-gov-t-workers-absent-50-more-private-sector-workers#sthash.rzF6HxMn.dpuf

Perhaps the liberals need to remind us again about the poor downtrodden underpaid and overworked government employees. Of course, this article doesn't address any individual government employee who might actually be working. This is more of the grand picture and it isn't pretty.

Green Arrow
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
It's the government. Governments pride themselves on bloated inefficiency.

exotix
10-28-2013, 04:53 PM
"(CNSNews.com) - A government worker is 38 percent more likely to be absent from work for personal reasons or illnesses than a private-sector worker, and government workers miss 50 percent more of their usual work hours as a result of such absences than do private sector workers, according to data (http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat47.htm) from the Bureau of Labor Statistics."
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/bls-gov-t-workers-absent-50-more-private-sector-workers#sthash.rzF6HxMn.dpuf

Perhaps the liberals need to remind us again about the poor downtrodden underpaid and overworked government employees. Of course, this article doesn't address any individual government employee who might actually be working. This is more of the grand picture and it isn't pretty.

Well, except for Kentucky ... Mitch & Rand managed to extort $2 Billion for Kentucky pork to end the govt. shutdown and default ... hopefully the money will go to private contractors who comprise the bulk of Govt. employees ...

nic34
10-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Well, except for Kentucky ... Mitch & Rand managed to extort $2 Billion for Kentucky pork to end the govt. shutdown and default ... hopefully the money will go to private contractors who comprise the bulk of Govt. employees ...

It's what the cons call "the Kentucky Kickback". It was almost $3 billion. More hypocrisy on the right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/16/mitch-mcconnell-budget-deal_n_4111387.html

Alyosha
10-28-2013, 05:06 PM
But what do you feel about the actual OP?

jillian
10-28-2013, 05:08 PM
It's the government. Governments pride themselves on bloated inefficiency.

does it?

jillian
10-28-2013, 05:09 PM

that i would withhold judgment until there was a more credible source than cns.

*edit*

actually, let me rephrase. assuming it's true, there isn't anything wrong with that. people take the reduced salaries in government work because they're supplemented by things like sick days and annual leave and pensions and health coverage.

so yes, it's probably more likely that if you need a day off you take it because no one is going to be up your butt.

patrick angsts over things that shouldn't angst him. or maybe we should just point out that he's persistently faux raging.

exotix
10-28-2013, 05:12 PM
The OP believes that the federal govt is this nation of federal workers who sit at a desk in Washington doing nothing ... that's what happens when you're a tea party zombie who thinks life is what you see on Faux, Beckerhead and Rushbo and education is the tea party manifesto ...

Alyosha

*edit*

actually, let me rephrase. assuming it's true, there isn't anything wrong with that. people take the reduced salaries in government work because they're supplemented by things like sick days and annual leave and pensions and health coverage.

so yes, it's probably more likely that if you need a day off you take it because no one is going to be up your butt.

patrick angsts over things that shouldn't angst him. or maybe we should just point out that he's persistently faux raging.

Thank you jillian It's nice when people respond to the OP. :)

nic34
You can make statistics like this say whatever you want.

Alyosha
10-28-2013, 05:13 PM
The OP believes that the federal govt is this nation of federal workers who sit at a desk in Washington doing nothing ... that's what happens when you're a tea party zombie who thinks life is what you see on Faux, Beckerhead and Rushbo and education is the tea party manifesto ...

Sure. Everyone knows that when you can't be easily fired you work 10x harder than the next guy. Thanks.

Matty
10-28-2013, 05:16 PM
reduced salaries my aunt agnes!

Mainecoons
10-28-2013, 05:18 PM
OK, these statistics are from the BLS. Make them say something different, Nic.

Good luck. As usual when you get around numbers, you will need it.

exotix
10-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Sure. Everyone knows that when you can't be easily fired you work 10x harder than the next guy. Thanks.

America got a kick out of this one ... anybody have that one of tea party fringist Iowa Rep. Steve King nearly getting his butt kicked when tried the same ?

I really like that Dollar Store flag in your pocket ... how much did it cost the federal govt. when it was shut down ? .... LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHLY80ukls

Green Arrow
10-28-2013, 05:24 PM
does it?

Well, among other things. Bloated inefficiency, oppression, imperialism, colonialism, subjugation, destruction, murder. Stuff like that.

patrickt
10-28-2013, 05:25 PM

C'mon. Nic and Exotix are loony liberals so they never want to actually talk about the topic at hand.

patrickt
10-28-2013, 05:27 PM

*edit*

Let's see. Where to start. Since I asked once before for some citation for her silly statement that government workers earn less and didn't receive it I doubt that would work. And, taking time off you're not due is probably a civil right for liberals where for others it's a fraud or theft so I can't really go there. And, if Jillian couldnt' whine about the source we'd almost never hear from her.

Nope, she said nothing worth commenting on.

exotix
10-28-2013, 05:30 PM
C'mon. Nic and Exotix are loony liberals so they never want to actually talk about the topic at hand.What was the topic again ? The federal govt is only comprised of Dem/Lib govt teat-suckers ?