PDA

View Full Version : Democrats and Republicans, this is why I want nothing to do with you

Green Arrow
10-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Republicans: Delay Obamacare, or we'll shut down the government!
Democrats: Oh yeah? Well, we ain't delaying Obamacare, and you aren't shutting down the government!
Republicans: We'll see about that!

*No deal is reached, Obamacare isn't delayed, and the government gets shut down. Some sixteen or so days later, Republicans decide it's no longer politically profitable to keep the government shut down*

Republicans: Alright, alright. You win. We'll reopen the government without delaying Obamacare.
Democrats: That's right, bitches! Now we get Obamacare AND an end to your shutdown! WEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEEEENDS...
Republicans: Yeah, yeah, shut the hell up.

*A few days after re-opening the government...*

Democrats: So, let's delay Obamacare (http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/24/after-insurance-industry-pow-wow-white-house-delays-obamacares-individual-mandate-by-six-weeks/).
Republicans: WHAT?!
Democrats: Just the individual mandate though. But yeah, let's delay it. Matter of fact, more of us every day think we should delay even more of it (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/10/24/democrats-waver-obamacare-delay-hagan/3181655/).

Funny enough, I didn't hear about any of this from Cigar.

GrassrootsConservative
10-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Not sure if I've posted this idea or not before, but I see Dems and Reps as the Walrus and the Carpenter.

http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/walrus.html

The sun was shining on the sea,Shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make
The billows smooth and bright--
And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.

The moon was shining sulkily,
Because she thought the sun
Had got no businesshttp://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/walrus.html#) to be there
After the day was done--
"It's very rude of him," she said,
"To come and spoil the fun!"

The sea was wet as wet could be,
The sands were dry as dry.
You could not see a cloud, because
No cloud was in the sky:
No birds were flying overhead--
There were no birds to fly.

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Were walking close at hand;
They wept like anything to see
Such quantities of sand:
"If this were only cleared away,"
They said, "it would be grand!"

"If seven maids with seven mops
Swept it for half a year.
Do you suppose," the Walrus said,
"That they could get it clear?"
"I doubt it," said the Carpenter,
And shed a bitter tear.

"O Oysters, come and walk with us!"
The Walrus did beseech.
"A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk,
Along the briny beach:
We cannot do with more than four,
To give a hand to each."

The eldest Oyster looked at him,
But never a word he said:
The eldest Oyster winked his eye,
And shook his heavy head--
Meaning to say he did not choose
To leave the oyster-bed.

But four young Oysters hurried up,
All eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,
Their shoeshttp://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/walrus.html#) were clean and neat--
And this was odd, because, you know,
They hadn't any feet.

Four other Oysters followed them,
And yet another four;
And thick and fast they came at last,
And more, and more, and more--
All hopping through the frothy waves,
And scrambling to the shore.

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Walked on a mile or so,
And then they rested on a rock
Conveniently low:
And all the little Oysters stood
And waited in a row.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

"But wait a bit," the Oysters cried,
"Before we have our chat;
For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!"
"No hurry!" said the Carpenter.
They thanked him much for that.

"A loaf of bread," the Walrus said,
"Is what we chiefly need:
Pepper and vinegar besides
Are very good indeed--
Now if you're ready, Oysters dear,
We can begin to feed."

"But not on us!" the Oysters cried,
Turning a little blue.
"After such kindness, that would be
A dismal thing to do!"
"The night is fine," the Walrus said.
"Do you admire the view?
"It was so kind of you to come!

And you are very nice!"
The Carpenter said nothing but
"Cut us another slice:
I wish you were not quite so deaf--
I've had to ask you twice!"

"It seems a shame," the Walrus said,"To play them such a trick,
After we've brought them out so far,
And made them trot so quick!"
The Carpenter said nothing but
"The butter's spread too thick!"

"I weep for you," the Walrus said:
"I deeply sympathize."
With sobs and tears he sorted out
Those of the largest size,
Holding his pocket-handkerchief
Before his streaming eyes.

"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.

Obviously in this analogy the oysters represent the American people.

But rarely, ever so rarely, they are not boldly being cruel and exploitative like the Walrus and the Carpenter.

It just sucks that those personas get replaced with Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Cigar
10-29-2013, 06:50 AM
You Lost; GTF Over It & GTFU

Peter1469
10-29-2013, 08:01 AM

The Dems didn't win everything..., remember checks and balances.....

Green Arrow
10-29-2013, 02:27 PM

Yes, you partisan fools remind me every day that I have lost. It will go badly for you, before the end, but continue to cheer your own folly.

Codename Section
10-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Yes, you partisan fools remind me every day that I have lost. It will go badly for you, before the end, but continue to cheer your own folly.

Devil pup, make us proud.

Codename Section
10-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I just feel like none of them apply to me.

I would be happy being a mountain man and living like Eustace Conway (FUCK YOU GOVERNMENT) in the woods. I want to be left alone. I have had survival training. I can make it without help. I realize that not everyone can though, but I wish that they would carve off a part of Alaska or Maine and say: Okay, antistatists go there and live and we'll leave you in peace. If we fail, we fail. If we don't, awesome.

Those of us who don't hurt anyone should have that option.

Green Arrow
10-29-2013, 04:16 PM

And anyway, how are you winning, exactly? Your whole position was on not delaying Obamacare, and now you're all but forced to delay Obamacare without any outside pressure, but because it's just that bad of a law.

If your standard of victory is taking one step forward and two steps back, it's no wonder you're so damn happy.

Mr. Freeze
10-29-2013, 04:33 PM
And anyway, how are you winning, exactly? Your whole position was on not delaying Obamacare, and now you're all but forced to delay Obamacare without any outside pressure, but because it's just that bad of a law.

If your standard of victory is taking one step forward and two steps back, it's no wonder you're so damn happy.

They win the way Charlie Sheen won.

Common
10-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Republicans: Delay Obamacare, or we'll shut down the government!
Democrats: Oh yeah? Well, we ain't delaying Obamacare, and you aren't shutting down the government!
Republicans: We'll see about that!

*No deal is reached, Obamacare isn't delayed, and the government gets shut down. Some sixteen or so days later, Republicans decide it's no longer politically profitable to keep the government shut down*

Republicans: Alright, alright. You win. We'll reopen the government without delaying Obamacare.
Democrats: That's right, bitches! Now we get Obamacare AND an end to your shutdown! WEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEEEENDS...
Republicans: Yeah, yeah, shut the hell up.

*A few days after re-opening the government...*

Democrats: So, let's delay Obamacare (http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/24/after-insurance-industry-pow-wow-white-house-delays-obamacares-individual-mandate-by-six-weeks/).
Republicans: WHAT?!
Democrats: Just the individual mandate though. But yeah, let's delay it. Matter of fact, more of us every day think we should delay even more of it (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/10/24/democrats-waver-obamacare-delay-hagan/3181655/).

Funny enough, I didn't hear about any of this from Cigar.

Your a fair guy Green arrow and NOT a right wing insulting teatard mutt. I will treat you with respect accordingly :)

Obamacare I never liked, I hated the way it was forced down everyones throat and strongarmed by the gloating glaring leeering face of Pelosi. The we have to pass it to know whats in it line was more than enough for me.
I never believed that it wouldnt cost americans more, I never believed it wouldnt cost millions of americans off their plan into the exchanges. Common sense dictated that you cant cover 40 million people with expensive health care coverage for free. I am not against paying more for the people that cant possibly get healthcare on their own to have it, Ill tell you why were all paying for it anyway and we have been. The way I see it its cheaper to give a family Dr in a clinic a 100 bucks for a sick kid visit than give an emergency room 2500, because they jack it up with blood tests, xrays and everything else they can get in there.
Obama care was destined to be if not a total failure a disaster in the making. Any health care law that was passed should have achieved a few things that this DID NOT and number 1 is totally replace medicaid.
Its senesless to pass this law and still pay for medicaid.
Without a single player plan this plan could not work as it was promised. It just cant the math isnt there.
I part with the democrats on Obamacare they seem to be willing to hang on to it no matter what. Im not.
I think if it could be stopped and a truly bipartisan group sat down and re did it with the understanding ITS LAW already you are not writing a new law you are fixing Obamacare to make it workable and the best it can be. I see that as the best way to calm the viciousness in congress this plan has created.

You have to give when theres no place else to go. Obamacare is totally crashing it gets worse everyday. I think liberals and democrats had better come to grips that its just not going to work and cant be made to work and its going to be a thorn in their side forever. The plan needs nothing less than a redo WITH republican and I stress reasonable republican input NO moron ted cruzs and no far right teatards but reasonable thinking people from both sides.

nic34
10-29-2013, 05:01 PM
a truly bipartisan group sat down and re did it with the understanding ITS LAW already you are not writing a new law you are fixing Obamacare to make it workable and the best it can be. I see that as the best way to calm the viciousness in congress this plan has created.

The plan needs nothing less than a redo WITH republican and I stress reasonable republican input

I'd agree but they aren't interested in doing anything in "bipartisan" fashion, and I really question whether the reasonable republicans are in charge....

Mr. Freeze
10-29-2013, 05:05 PM
If the majority of Americans want socialized health care then create a referendum and prove it. With referendum power there is nothing else the government can do but give it to the people.

I think much of government services should be place in a feedback loop. Do we really want a $718 billion dollar a year military budget? Do we really want a drug war? Do we really want half the things that the government says we do?

Let's find out.

nic34
10-29-2013, 05:08 PM
A national referendum would be the same as the amending process to the constitution wouldn't it? Hey, I'm for it....good luck getting there tho...

Mr. Freeze
10-29-2013, 05:11 PM
A national referendum would be the same as the amending process to the constitution wouldn't it? Hey, I'm for it....good luck getting there tho...

Yes, maybe?

I think if we had a legitimate media promoted poll of millions of Americans, not a random sampling the government would have no excuses anymore.

I don't think we need a CIA and an NSA both. I don't think they should have the budgets they have. I don't think we need a huge military budget. I don't think we need a federal drug enforcement agency. I don't think we need a lot of what we spend money on. People hate their high taxes and I don't blame them, but if we did serious slashing we could have health care without killing people's salaries.

That's what I think, anyway.

Chris
10-29-2013, 05:26 PM
I just feel like none of them apply to me.

I would be happy being a mountain man and living like Eustace Conway (FUCK YOU GOVERNMENT) in the woods. I want to be left alone. I have had survival training. I can make it without help. I realize that not everyone can though, but I wish that they would carve off a part of Alaska or Maine and say: Okay, antistatists go there and live and we'll leave you in peace. If we fail, we fail. If we don't, awesome.

Those of us who don't hurt anyone should have that option.

But those who rave "You Lost; GTF Over It & GTFU" would leave you alone.

Chris
10-29-2013, 05:28 PM
If the majority of Americans want socialized health care then create a referendum and prove it. With referendum power there is nothing else the government can do but give it to the people.

I think much of government services should be place in a feedback loop. Do we really want a $718 billion dollar a year military budget? Do we really want a drug war? Do we really want half the things that the government says we do?

Let's find out.

The majority don't. Thus we see ideas so good you have to force them with laws. If the people really wanted it, they wouldn't have to be forced.

Mr. Freeze
10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
The majority don't. Thus we see ideas so good you have to force them with laws. If the people really wanted it, they wouldn't have to be forced.

I hear you (active listening) but I think most people dully accept the existence of the state without question because the public education system has helped to ingrain that it must always be. Were you to ask people if they wanted health care for "free" (yes, I realize it is not free, but...) and their taxes would not be raised a drop they would agree.

How that should be accomplished would be to cut other agencies.

Ask people do you want "free" medical care, no deductibles, no copays, just walk in and get treated at the expense of the drug war going away or getting rid of the NSA it would be a no brainer.

Matty
10-29-2013, 06:25 PM
:rofl::poopfan::thumbsup20: