PDA

View Full Version : gop vice president pick

wingrider
01-31-2012, 01:29 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/signal/romney-christie-gingrich-rubio-most-likely-ticket-pairings-123121536.html

But who gets the would-be VP nod depends greatly on who is the nominee. As Newt Gingrich's odds of winning have spiked and dissipated (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/signal/gingrich-faltering-markets-reconsider-romney-again-180355948.html) twice in the last two months, the market for vice presidential candidates has reacted. Because the movement happened over a fairly short time period -- I analyzed the past 90 days -- and because not much else seems to have occurred to impact the veepstakes picture during that time, we can guess that most of the changes in the VP market are driven by the shifting fates of Romney and Gingrich at the top. With this assumption, we can compute estimates of which pairings are most likely.
If Mitt Romney is the Republican nominee, my model estimates that he is 25 percent likely to pick Chris Christie as his running mate, a popular moderate governor from New Jersey who himself flirted with running for president (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/christie-flirting-running-president-125614800.html) before strongly endorsing Romney (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chris-christie-endorse-mitt-romney-172152006.html). (This in spite of the fact that you'd have two Northeasterners on the ticket.) The market puts Christie's overall chance of being the VP of any Republican nominee at only 14 percent, but because his odds tend to rise in tandem with Romney's, my model boosts his chances to 25 percent in the scenario where Romney is the nominee. Rubio is a close second to be Romney's right-hand man at 22 percent. Rubio's VP odds actually drop whenever Romney's go up (they are anti-correlated), but because Rubio's such a likely overall pick, he's still the second-most likely Romney pairing. Rubio so far hasn't endorsed a presidential candidate and has repeatedly said he's not interested in the VP job (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/marco-rubio-just-not-122644639.html). No other candidate rises above single digits as Mitt's pick for a-heartbeat-away.

I don't know about this article guys, I cannot see Rubio as vice pres cause he doesn't have the experience for the job, though he is a likable guy and pretty smart I think he needs at leat 4 to 8 more years under his belt before he is ready..
as far as Christie is concerned .. yeah he has the moxie for the job but I think he would alienate people pretty quickly and would be a detterent for the rebubs to take back the white house this year...

my pick would be romney and demint, or daniels

gingrich and Paul. what do you all think?

MMC
01-31-2012, 01:47 AM
I think Romney would go with Chrisitie as he has been a staunch supporter of Romney. Course that is my Opinion. He won't pick Rubio as Gingrich used Rubio's main guy and pal for Florida. That said.....I saw this and checked it earlier. Was going to put it up but then thought the same way you did.

Sheer speculation on this guys part. No way in the world would anybody expect Jim DeMint to get picked for a VP. IMO that guy is one of the biggest putzs we have in the US Senate and all of Politics. The GOP's version of a Harry Reid!

wingrider
01-31-2012, 01:53 AM
I think Romney would go with Chrisitie as he has been a staunch supporter of Romney. Course that is my Opinion. He won't pick Rubio as Gingrich used Rubio's main guy and pal for Florida. That said.....I saw this and checked it earlier. Was going to put it up but then thought the same way you did.

Sheer speculation on this guys part. No way in the world would anybody expect Jim DeMint to get picked for a VP. IMO that guy is one of the biggest putzs we have in the US Senate and all of Politics. The GOP's version of a Harry Reid!

never thought of him that way but now that you mention it yeah I see your point..

what do you think of Daniels as a VP choice though. and did you catch his remarks at the end of the sotu address?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7P2548d2J4

MMC
01-31-2012, 02:04 AM
I think he would be a good pick. But I wouldn't want to see Daniels in the VP.....I would rather he ran in 2016. He is too effective as leader to be put into a useless role. IMO any that tried that would be about trying to neutralize him. Which I could see coming from those Southern Cons and Neo Cons. Daniels if considered for anything in Washington. It would have to be in a Leadership role!

Don't forget Evan Bayh is sitting out in the Shadows for the DNC too. Also a Former gov of Indiana that had a good record for that state. Also is a Clinton Croonie and could be looking at 2016 as well. Not to mention he is young too.

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Is this like a fantasy football thread?

MMC
02-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Is this like a fantasy football thread?

Yep.....you the QB and got the ball. The rest of us are linebackin. Except there are no Unsportsmanlike Fouls at all! :evil:

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Yep.....you the QB and got the ball. The rest of us are linebackin. Except there are no Unsportsmanlike Fouls at all! :evil:

Seems like a small forum here, I guess you guys get a bigger soapbox than you do at Stormfront?

MMC
02-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Seems like a small forum here, I guess you guys get a bigger soapbox than you do at Stormfront?

It's small and growing.....but not so much on the soapbox. As for Stormfront I wouldn't know I am not a member of that site. But I am sure you can read the threads for yourself. You know the way. Meaning you are familiar with the V-Bulletin.

Conley
02-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Welcome Inkslinger. Funny avatar.

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 10:03 AM
It's small and growing.....but not so much on the soapbox. As for Stormfront I wouldn't know I am not a member of that site. But I am sure you can read the threads for yourself. You know the way. Meaning you are familiar with the V-Bulletin.

Is this your site MMC?

MMC
02-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Is this your site MMC?

Nope.....not mine.

Conley
02-15-2012, 11:04 AM

It might seem small to you but in looking over the posts from last night apparently we're the #1 forum in Uzbekistan. :laugh:

Mister D
02-15-2012, 11:20 AM
It might seem small to you but in looking over the posts from last night apparently we're the #1 forum in Uzbekistan. :laugh:

:smiley_ROFLMAO: