PDA

View Full Version : Amnesty Is Republican Party Suicide

Common
10-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Disclaimer: I am against blanket amnesty for those who broke our laws. I am against any kind of immigration deal until the border is as slammed shut as it can be. I will not get what I want.

They already have the votes in the house to pass the immigration reform bill engineered and pushed by Marco Rubio in the Senate.
I agree with this writer that this will hurt the republican party and that they will never get the majority of hispanic votes.
Rubio painted the gop into a corner by getting elected and going right into pushing for Immigration reform with amnesty, any path to citizenship for those who broke our laws is nothing less than amnesty.
When the babyboomers are mostly gone in 15-20 yrs just when hispanics will be starting to get voting privs the gop is going to get hammered. The further right it is the more hammering it will take.
The gop had better find a new road to travel because the teaparty is going to kill them not be their salvation as a very few believe

Most of the millions of immigrants we have welcomed came from countries where the only government they knew was one that made all decisions about economic and social policy. The current level of legal immigration to America adds thousands of people every day whose views and experience are contrary to the conservative value of limited government.

The influx of these new voters will reduce or eliminate Republicans' ability to offer an alternative to big government, increased government spending, and favorite liberal policies such as Obamacare and gun control. New voters will lean on our hard-pressed health care system and overcrowded public schools to demand more government services.

An enormous body of survey research shows that large majorities of recent immigrants, who are mostly Hispanic and Asian, hold liberal views on most policy issues and therefore vote Democratic two-to-one. Their motivation is not our immigration policy; it is economic issues.
The 2008 National Annenberg Election Survey found that 62 percent of immigrants prefer a single government-run health care system. The 2010 Cooperative Congressional Election Study found that 69 percent of immigrants support Obamacare, and the Pew Research Center found that 75 percent of Hispanic and 55 percent of Asian immigrants support bigger government.

http://townhall.com/columnists/phyllisschlafly/2013/10/29/amnesty-is-republican-party-suicide-n1732723

Mr. Freeze
10-29-2013, 07:29 PM
I think amnesty is the worst thing that can happen to our economy largely because the underground economy is the only thing that keeps many consumers in stores shopping. If undocumented aliens are suddenly taxed they will have less money to spend, stores will see a dip in non-essentials, and our economy will take a turn for the worse.

Cigar
10-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Brown is the new White:)

Embrace it. :)

Mister D
10-29-2013, 08:28 PM

They haven't embraced you. They replaced you. Si se puede, morons! :laugh:

roadmaster
10-29-2013, 08:31 PM
I care more about Americans that don't have jobs but we can afford to open the borders and let them take jobs away from ours. Stupidest thing I have every heard while Reid says it's ok to keep giving them child credits of children that don't live here and most likely don't exist.

roadmaster
10-29-2013, 08:32 PM
They haven't embraced you. They replaced you. Si se puede, morons! :laugh:

Some here care more about votes than our own.

jillian
10-29-2013, 09:01 PM

our "own" what?

Mister D
10-29-2013, 09:03 PM
our "own" what?

Our own people. You know, Americans?

Mr. Freeze
10-29-2013, 09:03 PM
I care more about Americans that don't have jobs but we can afford to open the borders and let them take jobs away from ours. Stupidest thing I have every heard while Reid says it's ok to keep giving them child credits of children that don't live here and most likely don't exist.

They are taking jobs of the underground, untaxed economy and thus contributing to the GNP whether you realize it or not through purchase of consumer goods.

I would leave things as they are because it benefits everyone in the big picture.

Mister D
10-29-2013, 09:07 PM
They are taking jobs of the underground, untaxed economy and thus contributing to the GNP whether you realize it or not through purchase of consumer goods.

I would leave things as they are because it benefits everyone in the big picture.

no, it doesn't. It benefits no one but the rich and the migrants. States like CA, for example, carry a severe burden and would likely not be broke if millions of poor people had not migrated there.

jillian
10-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Our own people. You know, Americans?

are you the mouse in her pocket.

"americans" are all immigrants.... unless, of course, they're native american. are you native american?

Common
10-29-2013, 09:10 PM

Oh please what jobs pickin peppers for 5.00 an hour. You and everyone else should be OUTRAGED at the real american jobs that americans could make a living at and feed their kids that were sent to china and elsewhere out of pure greed.
Im not for amnesty but not for that silly reason the reason their here they cant get enough americans to do the jobs. ITS CHINA and corporate americas greed that has mangled the working class not Illegal immigrants

Common
10-29-2013, 09:12 PM

Some care about corporations and the rich more than they care about americans and neither of them give one hoot for them.

Mister D
10-29-2013, 09:13 PM

"americans" are all immigrants.... unless, of course, they're native american. are you native american?

You mad? :)

I'm not an immigrant. Are you? lol Or was this that inane "nation of immigrants" nonsense? y that logic every nation on Earth is a nation of immigrants. I've never heard of a place where people grow out of the ground.

Mr. Freeze
10-29-2013, 09:15 PM

I'm not an immigrant. Are you? lol Or was this that inane "nation of immigrants" nonsense? y that logic every nation on Earth is a nation of immigrants. I've never heard of a place where people grow out of the ground.

I'm probably the only immigrant on this thread. If you are born someone you are native born.

countryboy
10-29-2013, 09:21 PM

Ummm, nooooo, many of us were actually born here. I did not immigrate to this country. Did you?

Common
10-29-2013, 09:22 PM

Ok I admit it you cracked me up with that one, but lets look at this a sec D.

Your right if you go back far enough in history every country or most every was immigrated too.
Much further back in history than us.

Jillian is right that all that was here were indians until the english sent a ship full of their convicts over, they were Immigrants and every one after them were also. Then we had the big industrial surge from Europe in the mid to late 1800s, Germans, Italian Irish. She is correct that this country was built on immigration and immigrants of various ethnic backgrounds did the labor to build the infrastructure.
You are correct that no where did people grow out of the ground and that cracked me up lol
So youre both right but I win cuz I had to intellectually break it down so you both could figure out you were right. :) hehe

Common
10-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Id like to get back on topic here a sec and ask a question, do you think when an amnesty bill pass's it will bode badly for the gop eventually.

Mister D
10-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Ok I admit it you cracked me up with that one, but lets look at this a sec D.

Your right if you go back far enough in history every country or most every was immigrated too.
Much further back in history than us.

Jillian is right that all that was here were indians until the english sent a ship full of their convicts over, they were Immigrants and every one after them were also. Then we had the big industrial surge from Europe in the mid to late 1800s, Germans, Italian Irish. She is correct that this country was built on immigration and immigrants of various ethnic backgrounds did the labor to build the infrastructure.
You are correct that no where did people grow out of the ground and that cracked me up lol
So youre both right but I win cuz I had to intellectually break it down so you both could figure out you were right. :) hehe

This nation was built by Europeans (immigrants or settlers). It's political culture has an even narrower Anglo-Saxon origin.

Common
10-29-2013, 09:30 PM
This nation was built by Europeans (immigrants or settlers). It's political culture has an even narrower Anglo-Saxon origin.

It was the wasps that made all the cash originally thats why they have 3rd and 4th gen wealth.

Theres one thing we all forgot, slaves built alot of america we need to duly note that.

Mister D
10-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Id like to get back on topic here a sec and ask a question, do you think when an amnesty bill pass's it will bode badly for the gop eventually.

non-whites (i.e. Hispanics and blacks) have a clear group interest in what we call "big government". The GOP should have resisted immigration generally tooth and nail ut their doors are interested in lining their pockets social consequences be damned. They don't have to live with them.

roadmaster
10-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Oh please what jobs pickin peppers for 5.00 an hour. You and everyone else should be OUTRAGED at the real american jobs that americans could make a living at and feed their kids that were sent to china and elsewhere out of pure greed.
Im not for amnesty but not for that silly reason the reason their here they cant get enough americans to do the jobs. ITS CHINA and corporate americas greed that has mangled the working class not Illegal immigrants

That's bull and I see many illegals cooking, waiting tables, construction jobs ect. I didn't know Americans didn't want these jobs.

roadmaster
10-29-2013, 09:32 PM

You live in the past, I don't. We have laws that should be enforced.

Mister D
10-29-2013, 09:32 PM
It was the wasps that made all the cash originally thats why they have 3rd and 4th gen wealth.

Theres one thing we all forgot, slaves built alot of america we need to duly note that.

Frankly, the US would be much better off had it had never had an African minority. That's just a fact. no civil war, no racial tension, no permanent underclass, etc.

Mister D
10-29-2013, 09:34 PM

What I find amazing is the libertarian position for open borders. It's suicidal for their political philosophy.

Mr. Freeze
10-29-2013, 09:37 PM
What I find amazing is the libertarian position for open borders. It's suicidal for their political philosophy.

Why do you say that?

Mister D
10-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Why do you say that?

It's about as white as the Malibu yacht club. A libertarian should understand the benefits of homogeneity perhaps better than anyone.

Dr. Who
10-29-2013, 10:02 PM

Is it absolutely necessary to turn everything into a racial contest Cigar? Not everyone has racial issues even if they don't approve of open door immigration. It's not always about race. Sometimes it's about having people decently employed and not having an underclass of illegals working the unmonitored and unregulated jobs, being paid a pittance and being abused in the process and because overall it diminishes society and promulgates criminal behavior.