PDA

View Full Version : Dem Congressman's Former Aid and Obamacare Supporter Loses Coverage

Codename Section
10-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Another one

http://reason.com/blog/2013/10/29/obamacare-defender-pissed-at-losing-her

The Chicago Sun-Times reports on the oh-so-ironic reversal of Sue Klinkhamer, 60, who used to work for Rep. Bill Foster (D-Ill.), who lost his seat partly because voters didn't want Obamacare. Klinkhamer wrote her old boss:
“I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can’t put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn’t have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.”

On September 1 of this year, Klinkhamer was paying $291 a month for an insurance policy with a $3,500 deductible. Those days are over, though, as of December 31, when her policy goes away. Instead,

"I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible.”

I bring this up only because Democrats seem to live in a space where they can bend the rules of economics and business and that using for-profit companies to "help" people like a charity or government program will somehow work out to the benefit of people not the companies.

Now that you see what happens, can you not do it in the future? Thanks.

Mr. Freeze
10-30-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't know if the Democrats were just bad at math or if this was a purposeful waste of billions of dollars with needless suffering to achieve some other purpose.

Forcing insurance companies to live off of 20% of the premium will create plans that contain a lot of goodies with higher premiums. This is basic common business sense.

Forcing insurance companies to take pre-existing conditions forced the individual mandate.

Forcing credits raises deductibles.

I'm really uncertain how they figured this plan would do more than provide insurance at higher cost and larger deductibles.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Cigar and other resident zombie libtards?

Captain Obvious
10-30-2013, 09:38 AM
This is what I reported earlier, what many people are starting to see.

It's really telling how the resident liberals here are completely ignoring this. What idiots we have collectively become that a political pissing match is the only thing we see rather than reality.

midcan5
10-30-2013, 09:40 AM
This sounds like the usual BS. Healthcare costs go up constantly, what world does this person live in? Now they have a choice, when the ACA gets enough payees costs may even go down. Whining from the right has become their only tactic, one only wishes they'd all whine together in a closet of peers. Why not whine about SS and Medicare too, then the whining can be consolidated and will save time for .... jeez I guess if they were not whining what would they do?

http://www.standupforhealthcare.org/learn-more/quick-facts?gclid=CLGWsoTjvroCFVHxOgodkgkAIw

http://mn.db101.org/mn/programs/health_coverage/aca/program.htm?gclid=CJqRocbkvroCFS4aOgodbkgAtw

Conservative thought will be banned under the new Healthcare reform act as so much negativity, greed, and self centered narcissism only leads to depression and grouchy, lined faces, and furthermore is contrary to the general welfare clause of the constitution.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2013, 09:45 AM
This sounds like the usual BS. Healthcare costs go up constantly, what world does this person live in? Now they have a choice, when the ACA gets enough payees costs may even go down. Whining from the right has become their only tactic, one only wishes they'd all whine together in a closet of peers. Why not whine about SS and Medicare too, then the whining can be consolidated and will save time for .... jeez I guess if they were not whining what would they do?

http://www.standupforhealthcare.org/learn-more/quick-facts?gclid=CLGWsoTjvroCFVHxOgodkgkAIw

http://mn.db101.org/mn/programs/health_coverage/aca/program.htm?gclid=CJqRocbkvroCFS4aOgodbkgAtw

Conservative thought will be banned under the new Healthcare reform act as so much negativity, greed, and self centered narcissism only leads to depression and grouchy, lined faces, and furthermore is contrary to the general welfare clause of the constitution.

All you need to do is put the textbooks down, open the basement door and look outside for once.

Reality is so much different than what is printed in textbooks.

Mr. Freeze
10-30-2013, 09:45 AM
This sounds like the usual BS. Healthcare costs go up constantly, what world does this person live in?

Illinois.

Healthcare costs are different than insurance costs and prices. You probably have not taken any business courses, so as a CPA I can educate you if you like?

Premiums are a product of services within the package. Healthcare costs (doctor's fees, bed fees, pharmaceuticals, linens, etc) raise items within the package, so yes they go up organically. However, this is going up inorganically because it was mandated that they had to decrease their take to 20% of premiums.

Therefore, they must add in additional "items" to maintain their profit margins within the package, thus raising premium prices for all.

That is the truth of the marketplace. I hope you are intelligent enough to understand it and honest enough to admit that you can grasp it.

Single payer is a Constitutional form of national health. ACA is an unconstitutional form of national health insurance coverage. The SCOTUS only affirmed the government's power to tax.

Common
10-30-2013, 09:49 AM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) and other resident zombie libtards?

Hey no mention of the resident asshole rightwing jerkoffs ? NOT FAIR Capt even though I like ya buddy :)

See how fast things go south when you play one side against the middle. Honesty is always the best policy, trying to con someone never works. The eventually figure out they were played for a patsy.

Now lets get back to braindead right wing moron CrooozeBots on this forum, you know all the "GENIUS" that cant figure out how to tie their shoes and kiss Croooozes their "MESSIAHS" ass. You know the way the one sided conversations been on this forum for months.

I watched cigar get progessively worse in tone on this forum because of the barbs, insults and snide comments that were sent his way by more than just a couple.

Its all a two way street, you dont allow one sides to blow chunks then try to schmooze the other side.

Just change the name of the forum and the rules. This is a right wingding leaning site and they will always be giving the benefit of the doubt. Rules are: They can continuously insult and demean you and your positions and beliefs and you either let us con you into shutting up and being a permanent recipient of you go to the hole. OUR VIPs our ELITE that HELP TO WRITE OUR RULES ARE WATCHING TO ASSURE YOU DONT BREAK THE RULES lolol....

Codename Section
10-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey no mention of the resident asshole rightwing jerkoffs ? NOT FAIR Capt even though I like ya buddy :)

See how fast things go south when you play one side against the middle. Honesty is always the best policy, trying to con someone never works. The eventually figure out they were played for a patsy.

Now lets get back to braindead right wing moron CrooozeBots on this forum, you know all the "GENIUS" that cant figure out how to tie their shoes and kiss Croooozes their "MESSIAHS" ass. You know the way the one sided conversations been on this forum for months.

I watched cigar get progessively worse in tone on this forum because of the barbs, insults and snide comments that were sent his way by more than just a couple.

Its all a two way street, you dont allow one sides to blow chunks then try to schmooze the other side.

Just change the name of the forum and the rules. This is a right wingding leaning site and they will always be giving the benefit of the doubt. Rules are: They can continuously insult and demean you and your positions and beliefs and you either let us con you into shutting up and being a permanent recipient of you go to the hole. OUR VIPs our ELITE that HELP TO WRITE OUR RULES ARE WATCHING TO ASSURE YOU DONT BREAK THE RULES lolol....

Posting on iPhones is usually a CF, but when you drink and do it it only gets worse man.

Booze and laptops work much better.

Agravan
10-30-2013, 10:04 AM

Dude, who's been pissing in your Wheaties lately?

Codename Section
10-30-2013, 10:21 AM
I would like just once, in their OWN words, to have a supporter of Obamacare come on here and explain how it works and how it will lower prices for everyone.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2013, 10:27 AM
I would like just once, in their OWN words, to have a supporter of Obamacare come on here and explain how it works and how it will lower prices for everyone.

Good luck with that

zelmo1234
10-30-2013, 10:36 AM

Yes my insurance for my employee's has been going up about 4 to as much as 7% a year, and then Obamacare?

First year 28% next year, we cut the hell out of benefits and still 9%

If my waiver expires and I had to provide the minimum for companies with over 50 employee's 275% Not going to happen!

And as for the General welfare clause.

You seem to be having the liberal problem of spelling it is for them to promote the general welfare, not provide!

This should help!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/provide

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/promote

I don't blame you, Liberals have been in charge of education for far too long!

Mr. Freeze
10-30-2013, 10:47 AM
We churn out liberal arts majors because liberal arts are fun. Liberal arts majors "feel" that this is a good thing, but don't have the educational disciplines to know that it is just crap that's been perfumed.

I had two parents that forced us into professions and as a result I understand business and economics well enough to know when I'm being handed a shit sandwich by the government.

I am a hardcore liberal. I am for things like single payer. I think Mother Jones and Common Dreams have lost their minds to partisanship because surely they can see what this is and what it is not.

There is no way that this would accomplish anything more than allowing uninsured to buy insurance. That doesn't fix the problem of bankruptcy because the deductible is already so high on many of these that if you cannot afford insurance without credits you won't pay a catastrophic bill anyway. Obamacare doesn't lower premiums because it added the 80-20% rule. It doesn't let people keep their doctors.

It's just a big pile of shit.

The Democrats got played. Hard.

Cigar
10-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Fox Shocked By Obamacare Facts Fox Reported In 2010
Fox News falsely claimed the Obama administration hid the fact that some individuals would experience changes to their insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), when in fact Fox itself reported on the administration's announcement of the underlying "grandfathering" policy in 2010.

The information was on Fox News and in press announcements issued by Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Back in June 2010, Fox News' Molly Henneberg reported on Special Report that "the Obama administration's own estimates say that up to 80 percent of small businesses and 64 percent of large businesses may have to give up the plans they had today within three years," as some plans would not be grandfathered in. The report included video of Sebelius making the announcement about the administration's grandfathering regulations on June 14, 2010.

It was known before the ACA's enactment that policyholders in the individual health insurance market that many of these policies would be changed, despite the grandfathering. A letter from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) to former Senator Evan Bayh, dated November 30, 2009, explained that "because of relatively high turnover in that market (as well as the incentives for many enrollees to purchase a new policy in order to obtain subsidies), CBO and estimate that relatively few nongroup policies would remain grandfathered by 2016."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10/29/fox-shocked-by-obamacare-facts-fox-reported-in/196647

So Fox couldn't be bothered to look back at their own coverage to see what they had already reported. :rollseyes:

Codename Section
10-30-2013, 11:20 AM
I think you're in the wrong thread with this because this isn't a "Fox" story.