PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare May Not Work, But the NSA Sure Does

Chris
10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Obamacare May Not Work, But the NSA Sure Does (http://reason.com/archives/2013/10/29/healthcaregov-may-not-work-but-the-nsa-s)

When it comes to Healthcare.gov, President Obama and his minions look like the gang that couldn't code straight.

But don't fear for American ingenuity: Other parts of the federal government remain capable of tremendous technological feats.

In one month in late 2012, for instance, the National Security Agency quietly sucked up data on some 60 million phone calls in Spain, and the agency has had a tap on German chancellor Angela Merkel's cellphone for years now -- all without alerting Obama.

That’s what NSA officials told the Wall Street Journal, anyway: The agency “has so many eavesdropping operations under way that it wouldn’t have been practical to have briefed him on all of them.”

“These decisions are made at the NSA,” a “senior U.S. official” said.

Ordinarily, I wouldn’t take the NSA or the president at their word, but I find this denial fairly plausible. Our post-9/11 surveillance state has grown increasingly inscrutable, expensive and out of control.

Craig Furguson quipped last night there's an easy solution, put the NSA in charge of healthcare and Sebelius and crew in charge of spying.

hahaha

Codename Section
10-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Because they want the NSA to work.

Cthulhu
10-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Perhaps they could temporarily repurpose the Utah Data Center to sorting out all of the veterans claims that seem to get messed up.

They keep saying the computer systems are not effective enough to keep up with the demand.

[/sarcasm]

This just proves that the government is good at what it wants to be good at, an inept when they do not care.

Mr. Freeze
10-30-2013, 10:09 AM
I noticed no one was protesting the NSA's budget.

zelmo1234
10-30-2013, 10:13 AM
I noticed no one was protesting the NSA's budget.

I think you are correct, they should have a small budget cut.

$ 0.00 seems like a good budget for them to me!

Cigar
10-30-2013, 10:33 AM
The National Security Agency was formed November 4, 1952 (60 years ago) :grin:

The Affordable Care Act has not been fully implemented. :wink:

Please Proceed Governor :laugh:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/WFBMM/chillout_zpsd6e0fc46.jpg

zelmo1234
10-30-2013, 10:44 AM

Got what?

he does not know anything, about anything, Just ask him!

Mr. Freeze
10-30-2013, 10:50 AM

I don't know whether the thought of him actually "having this" scares me or would relieve me that he finally showed up for work.

Cigar
10-30-2013, 10:55 AM
I don't know whether the thought of him actually "having this" scares me or would relieve me that he finally showed up for work.

While you're checking Work Schedules, you may what to look at your own representatives, especially this week ... I think it can total around 5 hours, and today they go back home.

Cigar
10-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Got what?

he does not know anything, about anything, Just ask him!

He sure as hell knows how to make Republicans look like total idiots.

He sure as hell knows how to kick The Shit out of GOP Candidates ... what's it total, about Dozen. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Mr. Freeze
10-30-2013, 10:58 AM
While you're checking Work Schedules, you may what to look at your own representatives, especially this week ... I think it can total around 5 hours, and today they go back home.

Who are my representatives?

keymanjim
10-30-2013, 11:03 AM

Nor will it ever be.
Did you hear, the democrats and your obama wants to delay the individual mandate. You know, that thing the democrats shut down the government for 16 days to avoid.

Mr. Freeze
10-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Nor will it ever be.
Did you hear, the democrats and your obama wants to delay the individual mandate. You know, that thing the democrats shut down the government for 16 days to avoid.

If they do the system will go to full on shit.

Insurance companies without the individual mandate will hike premiums up so high on people paying for it this year that it will be absolutely obscene...or they will go out of business. No way around it.

Cthulhu
10-30-2013, 11:18 AM

This is a good thing. I prefer the governing bodies to work as little as possible.