PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz's Dad Calls US a "Christian Nation," Says Obama Should Go "Back to Kenya

Cigar
10-31-2013, 07:55 AM
In April, Rafael Cruz, the father of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), spoke to the tea party of Hood County, which is southwest of Fort Worth, and made a bold declaration: The United States is a "Christian nation." The septuagenarian businessman turned evangelical pastor did not choose to use the more inclusive formulation "Judeo-Christian nation." Insisting that the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution "were signed on the knees of the framers" and were a "divine revelation from God," he went on to say, "yet our president has the gall to tell us that this is not a Christian nation…The United States of America was formed to honor the word of God." Seven months earlier, Rafael Cruz, speaking to the North Texas Tea Party on behalf of his son, who was then running for Senate, called President Barack Obama an "outright Marxist" who "seeks to destroy all concept of God," and he urged the crowd to send Obama "back to Kenya."

Read more: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/10/ted-cruz-rafael-father-video-christian-tea-party

Kiss 2016 Good-By Teddy, looks like daddy is your Rev Wright :grin:

Hillary would win without even leaving her house to campaign. :laugh:

Looks to me like one is President of The United States and the other is nothing more than a Canadian Immigrant :tongue:

Chris
10-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Inasmuch as most of the people are Christian, what he said is true. Why does it bother you?

Ravi
10-31-2013, 07:57 AM
"The United States of America was formed to honor the word of God."

wtf? Does attention whoredom run in the Cruz family?

Cigar
10-31-2013, 08:00 AM
Inasmuch as most of the people are Christian, what he said is true. Why does it bother you?

Bother? :biglaugh:

Are you kidding ... America has been laughing their ass off at the constant stream of Conservative Wing-Nuts for the last 5 years.

The Republican Party don't know when they are the butt of Jokes every day.

jillian
10-31-2013, 08:01 AM
In April, Rafael Cruz, the father of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), spoke to the tea party of Hood County, which is southwest of Fort Worth, and made a bold declaration: The United States is a "Christian nation." The septuagenarian businessman turned evangelical pastor did not choose to use the more inclusive formulation "Judeo-Christian nation." Insisting that the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution "were signed on the knees of the framers" and were a "divine revelation from God," he went on to say, "yet our president has the gall to tell us that this is not a Christian nation…The United States of America was formed to honor the word of God." Seven months earlier, Rafael Cruz, speaking to the North Texas Tea Party on behalf of his son, who was then running for Senate, called President Barack Obama an "outright Marxist" who "seeks to destroy all concept of God," and he urged the crowd to send Obama "back to Kenya."

Read more: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/10/ted-cruz-rafael-father-video-christian-tea-party

Kiss 2016 Good-By Teddy, looks like daddy is your Rev Wright :grin:

Hillary would win without even leaving her house to campaign. :laugh:

Looks to me like one is President of The United States and the other is nothing more than a Canadian Immigrant :tongue:

apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Chris
10-31-2013, 08:01 AM

Are you kidding ... America has been laughing their ass off at the constant stream of Conservative Wing-Nuts for the last 5 years.

The Republican Party don't know when they are the butt of Jokes every day.

IOW, this is just more flame bait. Pathetic.

Cigar
10-31-2013, 08:05 AM
IOW, this is just more flame bait. Pathetic.

Everything you don't what to read is called flame bait.

But that's never going to stop me from posting it.

Codename Section
10-31-2013, 08:11 AM
It's a good thing that I don't belong to your guys generation. Mine is rather free to judge people by what they do, not their parents. None of us were birthers and none of us cared about Obama's parents.

If we don't like him its for other reasons, same with Ted Cruz.

I don't like Ted Cruz because he worked under Bush and his wife is a VP at Goldman Sachs. What his father said or does isn't what he believes or does. His wife has more influence on him than his parents, guaranteed.

Ravi
10-31-2013, 08:19 AM
His father is sent out by Cruz to speak for him.

Chris
10-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Everything you don't what to read is called flame bait.

But that's never going to stop me from posting it.

Read it, responded, so what was it you wanted to discuss? Anything? Am I expected to join in with your fellow travelers and beat up the old man for his beliefs? Is that supposed to be fun? I find it pathetic. Virtually anonymous people hurtling insults at someone they don't know. Whoop-de-doo.

Codename Section
His father is sent out by Cruz to speak for him.

Link to where Cruz sent his father out and told him to say this shit. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath on one of your links.

Where's that link about most Republicans being pedophiles, anyway?

Cigar
It's a good thing that I don't belong to your guys generation. Mine is rather free to judge people by what they do, not their parents. None of us were birthers and none of us cared about Obama's parents.

I don't like Ted Cruz because he worked under Bush and his wife is a VP at Goldman Sachs. What his father said or does isn't what he believes or does. His wife has more influence on him than his parents, guaranteed.

That's exactly why I call what the GOP is doing, something other than Politics.

Remember in 2009, on President Obama inauguration night, a group of GOP Leaders vowed NOT to work with The President before he even did one thing. That has ZERO to do with politics and everything to do with personal.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2013, 08:27 AM
These are the politicians you people deserve.

zelmo1234
10-31-2013, 08:27 AM
^^^^^ race card ^^^^^^

Captain Obvious
10-31-2013, 08:28 AM
^^^^^ race card ^^^^^^

WTF - how did I play the race card?

Ravi
10-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Link to where Cruz sent his father out and told him to say this shit. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath on one of your links.

Where's that link about most Republicans being pedophiles, anyway?It is in the linked article. You might want to read it.

Cigar
10-31-2013, 08:31 AM
These are the politicians you people deserve.

It's disappointing that there are some good people in politics who are afraid to step up and say and do what is right for everyone.

Codename Section
10-31-2013, 08:31 AM

Remember in 2009, on President Obama inauguration night, a group of GOP Leaders vowed NOT to work with The President before he even did one thing. That has ZERO to do with politics and everything to do with personal.

I thought they were dicks then because I had hopes he might keep his campaign promises.

Then he started his administration, not by repealing provisions of the Patriot Act which by then was unpopular with most Americans and something he said he would do, but by heading right into this healthcare act which was not something that the majority of Americans wanted. That showed he didn't intend to be a president for all Americans like he said in his inaugeration speech but just a president for Democrats.

Chris
10-31-2013, 08:32 AM

And this what you and your fellow travelers are doing is politics? Kindergarten politics perhaps.

Codename Section
10-31-2013, 08:32 AM
It is in the linked article. You might want to read it.

I still didn't see where he told him to say this, perhaps y'all can quote that part for this dumb country boy that don't know how to find it.

Chris
10-31-2013, 08:35 AM
It's disappointing that there are some good people in politics who are afraid to step up and say and do what is right for everyone.

What's a shame is you seem t think there are politicians who know what's right for everyone.

Cigar
10-31-2013, 08:36 AM
I thought they were dicks then because I had hopes he might keep his campaign promises.

Then he started his administration, not by repealing provisions of the Patriot Act which by then was unpopular with most Americans and something he said he would do, but by heading right into this healthcare act which was not something that the majority of Americans wanted. That showed he didn't intend to be a president for all Americans like he said in his inaugeration speech but just a president for Democrats.

There were accomplishments in the first few years ....

the first two years of the Obama Administration, Progressives took a lot of ground. There was:

Health Care for All Americans
Wall Street Reform
Avoiding another Great Depression
Saving a million jobs in the American auto industry
Expanding Medicaid
Eliminating Don't Ask Don't Tell
Marriage Equality
Expanding Children's Health
Environmental Reform
Expanding Labor Rights
Expanding Civil Liberties
Equal Pay for Equal Work
Killed OBL
Ended the Iraq War

Cigar
10-31-2013, 08:38 AM
What's a shame is you seem t think there are politicians who know what's right for everyone.

What's a shame is you seem there are NO politicians who know what's right for America.

zelmo1234
10-31-2013, 08:38 AM
WTF - how did I play the race card?

Sorry your post got in between mine and cigars Opp's

zelmo1234
10-31-2013, 08:39 AM
What's a shame is you seem there are NO politicians who know what's right for America.

Well can you think of any that you are really happy with? Honestly?

Captain Obvious
10-31-2013, 08:39 AM

Few - and problem is, they know what's right for themselves first.

And we, collectively, are too fucking stupid to demand more from them. We'd rather sit around all day posting "gotcha" threads and bickering over complete foolishness than be more politically responsible.

Chris
10-31-2013, 08:44 AM

Explain how that is possible when we're each different in our wants and those change dynamically? How can a politician know all that?

Codename Section
10-31-2013, 08:46 AM

the first two years of the Obama Administration, Progressives took a lot of ground. There was:

Wall Street Reform
Expanding Medicaid
Marriage Equality
Environmental Reform
Expanding Labor Rights
Equal Pay for Equal Work
Killed OBL
Ended the Iraq War

I could go down that list but it's useless with you guys. I had actually hoped as a younger man that you guys would offer some alternative to the blind partisanism of the Republicans during the Bush years.

Guess not.

Keep on, keepin' on. I'm out of this stupid thread.

Chris

Wall Street Reform
Expanding Medicaid
Marriage Equality
Environmental Reform
Expanding Labor Rights
Equal Pay for Equal Work
Killed OBL
Ended the Iraq War

"Health Care for All Americans" is failing, and it's not health care, it's insurance, making the insurance companies richer.

Ravi
I still didn't see where he told him to say this, perhaps y'all can quote that part for this dumb country boy that don't know how to find it.

I didn't say he did. I said his father sent him out to speak for him. The other words are yours not mine.

Cigar
10-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Explain how that is possible when we're each different in our wants and those change dynamically? How can a politician know all that?

It's called Adult Compromise

Cigar
10-31-2013, 08:50 AM
"Health Care for All Americans" is failing, and it's not health care, it's insurance, making the insurance companies richer.

Health Care for All Americans hasn't Fully Rolled out.

Read The History of the Rollout of Romney Care

People still have 61 days :rollseyes:

Common
10-31-2013, 08:55 AM

I need to ask you something code, how many events and lessons over your life that your father has said are still vivid in your mind ? Let me explain why I believe you think youre right, but I believe you are wrong. I think if you really think back your father had more influence on you than you realize.

I remember my father getting out of a yellow front seat and smacking me in the head hard enough to make me go forward, saying YOU always open the door and hold it for a women your mother or not because I didnt hold the door for a female passenger. Ive always held the door since.

He told me if your in the street and you think someone is going to hurt you, hurt them first and make sure they cant hurt you, worry about the rest later use your gut. Well lets leave that for what it is.

He told me a story about him walking home uptown at 330 am from work he did the same route every night, when he got near a certain intersection he would cross the street to avoid the two cops that were always around the corner booth, they took turns getting warm, they were always bored and like to hassle certain people. One night a black guy he used to wave to once in awhile who walked the same route seemed drunk, he was whisling and singing obviously drunk and happy and bothering no one, he got near the cops and they set on him and beat him with night sticks. I never forgot that.
Thats why I know I was good at what I did and I never just disliked someone for what they looked like, they had to make me not like them.

He told me live and let live if they are leaving you alone. Everyone has to eat. Now what can be more common sense than that to live by. He told me alot more I remember and my father signed his name with a X and couldnt read a paragraph.

My point is, your father if he is around to raise you and is a real father has vast influence on you that you never forget and helps mold who you are and how you think, you take lasting traits from your father. That has far more influence than your wife. By the time you meet and marry your father had already helped make what you are. Your wife can influence your decisions LATER as an adult but she does not mold who you are. Your sister and mother would have more to do with that than her.

Im not saying Ted Cruz father is responsible for everything ted does but hes been and influence. Read up on ted cruz father theres stuff out there

Cigar
10-31-2013, 08:58 AM
I need to ask you something code, how many events and lessons over your life that your father has said are still vivid in your mind ? Let me explain why I believe you think youre right, but I believe you are wrong. I think if you really thing about it your father had more influence on you than you realize.

I remember my father getting out of a yellow front seat and smacking me in the head hard enough to make me go forward, saying YOU always open the door and hold it for a women your mother or not because I didnt hold the door for a female passenger.

He told me if your in the street and you think someone is going to hurt you, hurt them first and make sure they cant hurt you, worry about the rest later use your gut

He told me a story about him walking home uptown at 330 am from work he did the same route every night, when he got near a certain intersection he would cross the street to avoid the two cops that were always around the corner booth, they took turns getting warm, they were always bored and like to hassle certain people. One night a black guy he used to wave to once in awhile who walked the same route seemed drunk, he was whisling and singing obviously drunk and happy and bothering no one, he got near the cops and they set on him and beat him with night sticks. I never forgot that.

He told me live and let live if they are leaving you alone. Everyone has to eat and many others.

Anyway my point is, your father if hes around and is a real father has vast influence on you that you never forget and helps mold who you are and how you think, you take lasting traits from your father. That has far more influence than your wife. By the time you meet and marry your father had already helped make what you are. Your wife can influence your decisions LATER as an adult but she does not mold who you are. Your sister and mother would have more to do with that than her.

Im not saying Ted Cruz father is responsible for everything ted does or anything but hes been and influence. Read up on ted cruz father theres stuff out there

If Ted's father don't speak for ted, then Ted need to say that ... and we all know that ain't going to happen because they think alike.

Codename Section
10-31-2013, 09:13 AM
I need to ask you something code, how many events and lessons over your life that your father has said are still vivid in your mind ? Let me explain why I believe you think youre right, but I believe you are wrong. I think if you really think back your father had more influence on you than you realize.

That's interesting. I learned from my father that if you yell at your kid long enough they may respect you but they won't love you. I learned that being funny was better than being serious and how to make everyone in the house laugh again after his shell shocked induced temper tantrums. I learned to play football while resenting it. I learned how to protect women from asshole men. Yeh, I learned a lot from him.

I go hunting with my father. I will sit down and eat with my father. Hell, I might even send my father out to promote my business, but I don't agree with everything he says. My father voted for Mitt Romney in the primaries and the election. I voted Ron Paul then Gary Johnson. My father hates "faggots" and weak men. I am good friends with a 5 ft 4 homosexual kid who is a Jewish pagan pacifist. My father thinks we should give Israel more money than we give the poor in this country because he loves the Mossad. I think we should cut the DOD budget, stop all foreign aid, and if we HAVE to spend let it be on the poor here at home.

However, if I needed to get a message out to say a crowd of older vets I would send my father, tell him what I needed him to say, and cross my fingers that the message got out without him going off the hook and saying nutty shit.

That about answer your question?

Chris
10-31-2013, 09:19 AM

Compromise to what? How do politicians know what the people want when we're all different and our wants are dynamic? Until you can demonstrate their ability, the premise ought to be they can't, but only, like everyone else, serve their own special interests.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2013, 09:21 AM

Wrong - I rub my wife's back, she gives me a blowjob.

That's Adult Compromise.

Chris
10-31-2013, 09:25 AM
Health Care for All Americans hasn't Fully Rolled out.

Read The History of the Rollout of Romney Care

People still have 61 days :rollseyes:

But you listed as accomplishment.

Romneycare is another example of why central planning fails.