PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a gun?

Adelaide
10-31-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm just curious what percentage of our membership owns a gun, so I'm posting a poll. A thread about gun propaganda got me thinking about it.

jillian
10-31-2013, 12:13 PM
the husband does... and he's taught the boy to shoot. me, personally? no. but i've shot a gun at a range.

Cigar
10-31-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm just curious what percentage of our membership owns a gun, so I'm posting a poll. A thread about gun propaganda got me thinking about it.

Yes ... and a Big Gun it is :grin:

nathanbforrest45
10-31-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't own A gun, I own five of them, well three of them are rifles or shot guns. Two are semi automatic and one is a 1887 Marlin Lever Action "Stage Coach Gun".

Adelaide
10-31-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't own A gun, I own five of them, well three of them are rifles or shot guns. Two are semi automatic and one is a 1887 Marlin Lever Action "Stage Coach Gun".

Do you hunt with them, collect them or do target shooting or anything?

kilgram
10-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Then you own guns.

I don't own any. Plus I don't have weapons license.

Peter1469
10-31-2013, 12:26 PM
SIG Sauer P220 (http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/pistols-p220.aspx)

nathanbforrest45
10-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Do you hunt with them, collect them or do target shooting or anything?

The Marlin is an antique that I acquired from my father in law who had it on the wall of his restaurant. I do have ammunition for it but since its over 100 years old I am reluctant to fire the gun. The Marlin Semi Automatic 22 I plink with. Living as I do in the woods I have set up a range that I can target shoot right off my porch if I so choose and occasionally I do so choose. The shotgun is a home defense weapon, its a 12 gauge pump action. The two hand guns are there because I wanted to buy two hand guns. One is a Tarus 38 Caliber short barrel pistol and the other is a Bersa 380 semi automatic Walter PPK clone.

nathanbforrest45
10-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Then you own guns.

I don't own any. Plus I don't have weapons license.

I am fortunate. I live in America so I don't need a weapons license.

jillian
10-31-2013, 12:48 PM
I am fortunate. I live in America so I don't need a weapons license.

who says you don't need a license in this country?

maybe where they find KKK grand wizards admirable.

Adelaide
10-31-2013, 12:49 PM
The Marlin is an antique that I acquired from my father in law who had it on the wall of his restaurant. I do have ammunition for it but since its over 100 years old I am reluctant to fire the gun. The Marlin Semi Automatic 22 I plink with. Living as I do in the woods I have set up a range that I can target shoot right off my porch if I so choose and occasionally I do so choose. The shotgun is a home defense weapon, its a 12 gauge pump action. The two hand guns are there because I wanted to buy two hand guns. One is a Tarus 38 Caliber short barrel pistol and the other is a Bersa 380 semi automatic Walter PPK clone.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

nathanbforrest45
10-31-2013, 12:53 PM

What the hell are you talking about? I don't need a weapons license to own a gun. I need a conceal carry permit but I don't carry. And I have no idea what you are referring to regard the KKK Grand Wizard. Explain yourself please.

jillian
10-31-2013, 12:54 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I don't need a weapons license to own a gun. I need a conceal carry permit but I don't carry. And I have no idea what you are referring to regard the KKK Grand Wizard. Explain yourself please.

again, it depends on where you live.

you don't re the kkk grand wizard? you mean you picked your nic out of thin air?

or are we not supposed to know that nathan b forrest was a grand wizard?

Chris
10-31-2013, 12:55 PM

you don't re the kkk grand wizard? you mean you picked your nic out of thin air?

KKK was mostly Democrat, jillian, Nathan wasn't/isn't.

Mister D
10-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Shotguns and antiques.

nathanbforrest45
10-31-2013, 01:05 PM
BTW. Owning a gun is a Constitutional Right. So, just as if you don't want an abortion don't have one, if you don't want a gun don't buy one.

Cigar
10-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Shotguns and antiques.

Bull-Shit :grin:

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:07 PM
Bull-Shit :grin:

Shrug lol

nathanbforrest45
10-31-2013, 01:09 PM
I have no intentions of revisiting the NBF issue. I know that Forrest was the greatest calvary officer this country has ever produced. I know his tactics are still being studied. I also know there is absolutely no proof that Forrest was ever a member of the Klan, much less a Grand Wizard, he was cleared of that charge by a Congressional Investigation. I will not mention this again even though I know the low intelligence poster will continue to attempt to use my screen name as opposed to my general post.

So, in the spirit of civil discourse, anyone who wants to bring up the Forrest issue again, go fuck yourself.

darroll
10-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Who needs a gun?
As nice as everyone is.

nathanbforrest45
Another aside, Martin Luther King Jr. was investigated by the FBI, called a communist and a serial philanderer. In my opinion even if those two accusations were true I still hold the highest regard for the man and for what he did. He fought bravely for his cause and died for it. He deserves every ounce of respect for that alone that anyone could possibly have. To marginalize his triumphs for what may very well have been unwarrented accusations is unconscionable. The same applies to the false accusations against Forrest.

nathanbforrest45
Who needs a gun?
As nice as everyone is.

An armed society is a polite society

jillian
10-31-2013, 01:16 PM
I have no intentions of revisiting the NBF issue. I know that Forrest was the greatest calvary officer this country has ever produced. I know his tactics are still being studied. I also know there is absolutely no proof that Forrest was ever a member of the Klan, much less a Grand Wizard, he was cleared of that charge by a Congressional Investigation. I will not mention this again even though I know the low intelligence poster will continue to attempt to use my screen name as opposed to my general post.

So, in the spirit of civil discourse, anyone who wants to bring up the Forrest issue again, go fuck yourself.

forrest was a traitor and a racist.

go figure.

i figure you wanted the attention or you wouldn't have named yourself after him.

now go wash your mouth out with soap.

and i'll address it any time i feel like. okie dokie snookums.

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:17 PM

go figure.

Lincoln and most of the northern population was "racist". What your point was only you know...

Cigar
10-31-2013, 01:17 PM

I like the good old ways of setting arguments ...

Fist to Nose; everyone gets respect and the winner buys the Beers afterwards.

Any idiot can shoot a Gun

Cigar
10-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Lincoln and most of the northern population was "racist". What your point was only you know...

Some people learn from mistakes, others don't ... get the point?

jillian
10-31-2013, 01:20 PM

and some people idolize racist traitors.

and i seriously doubt it.

and if he does, he'll still troll around.

Cigar
10-31-2013, 01:23 PM

I think he's wrong, if he went to 51st and King Drive in Chicago, I'm sure he would get some love. :laugh:

bladimz
10-31-2013, 01:25 PM
...and the southern population wasn't?

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:25 PM

The mistake of what? You're almost as incoherent as Jillian. :laugh:

Chris
10-31-2013, 01:26 PM

The topic is who owns a gun, why are you in yet another thread baiting people with your nonsense?

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:27 PM
...and the southern population wasn't?

Sure. Perhaps less. In any case, so what? Jillian said..

go figure.

Go figure what? What is she talking about? Obviously, she doesn't know. Do you?

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:28 PM
The topic is who owns a gun, why are you in yet another thread baiting people with your nonsense?

Well right. Cue Cthulu to indict everyone...:rollseyes:

Cigar
10-31-2013, 01:28 PM

Because Mice like Cheese :laugh:

KC
10-31-2013, 01:30 PM
This thread has really gone downhill.

bladimz
10-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Sure. Perhaps less. In any case, so what? Jillian said..

Go figure what? What is she talking about? Obviously, she doesn't know. Do you?I wasn't responding to her comment. I was talking about yours. Interesting that you were willing to conveniently ignore the fact that the south was just as racist as the north; probably more.

But anyway, i do own two guns. One's a Kentucky Long Rifle (made in Lancaster, PA, like most were) dated 1865 and the other is a .22 pistol, used mainly for suicides.
(Just kidding!)

nathanbforrest45
10-31-2013, 01:34 PM
This thread has really gone downhill.

I apologize for my part in this. This is supposed to be a thread about who owns a weapon not a rewriting of American history. I should not have allowed myself to be baited like that.

bladimz
10-31-2013, 01:36 PM
This thread has really gone downhill.Unfortunately any thread that even mentions guns is likely to spiral out of control.

KC
10-31-2013, 01:36 PM
I apologize for my part in this. This is supposed to be a thread about who owns a weapon not a rewriting of American history. I should not have allowed myself to be baited like that.

I don't blame you, it happens to the best of us!

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
I wasn't responding to her comment. I was talking about yours. Interesting that you were willing to conveniently ignore the fact that the south was just as racist as the north; probably more.

But anyway, i do own two guns. One's a Kentucky Long Rifle (made in Lancaster, PA, like most were) dated 1865 and the other is a .22 pistol, used mainly for suicides.
(Just kidding!)

What difference does it make? Do you know?

Don;t shoot yourself with a .22. The chances of permanent disfigurement and/or brain damage are quite high.

Cigar
10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
KKK was mostly Democrat, jillian, Nathan wasn't/isn't.

KC
10-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately any thread that even mentions guns is likely to spiral out of control.

Granted. It's an emotional issue for a lot of people.

KC
10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Getting the thread back on topic, I don't own a gun yet, it's not a big concern for me while I'm still in school. I will probably purchase one sometime after graduation.

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Getting the thread back on topic, I don't own a gun yet, it's not a big concern for me while I'm still in school. I will probably purchase one sometime after graduation.

I don't feel that I need one. I just enjoy them. Particularly the antiques.

KC
10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't feel that I need one. I just enjoy them. Particularly the antiques.

I'm always tempted to buy them at the local historical societies' reenactments. The genuine ones are expensive though.

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm always tempted to buy them at the local historical societies' reenactments. The genuine ones are expensive though.

Depends. Rifles from the world wars really aren't. Neither are swastikas and things like that. You'd be surprised (or perhaps not) how much of this crap was made. Literally millions upon millions of firearms. The automatic weapons are pricey and hard to find. Plus, it's difficult to get a license for that sort of thing.

Mister D
10-31-2013, 01:54 PM
My Hungarian buddy was telling me how his neighbor bought an AK-47 for a few American dollars when the Russians left Hungary in the late 1980s. The troops were just getting rid of them. That's just an example of how many firearms have been spread around this world.

nathanbforrest45
10-31-2013, 02:15 PM
KC
I know there are differing opinions of what is the "best" for home defense but for my money you can't go wrong with a pump action shotgun. First of all just the sound of racking a shell into the chamber is enough to scare most intruders off. Secondly, you are less likely to shoot through a wall injuring or killing a family member you are trying to protect and finally, its hard to miss with a shot gun if you do have to shoot someone.

Personally, I like the idea that just racking a round will run them off. Then there is no mess to clean up, no paperwork with the police and no guilt for taking a life regardless of how justified you may be.

Mister D
10-31-2013, 02:22 PM
KC
I know there are differing opinions of what is the "best" for home defense but for my money you can't go wrong with a pump action shotgun. First of all just the sound of racking a shell into the chamber is enough to scare most intruders off. Secondly, you are less likely to shoot through a wall injuring or killing a family member you are trying to protect and finally, its hard to miss with a shot gun if you do have to shoot someone.

Personally, I like the idea that just racking a round will run them off. Then there is no mess to clean up, no paperwork with the police and no guilt for taking a life regardless of how justified you may be.

I agree. It doesn't take much practice to wield effectively and it's unlikely to penetrate very far. Probably best off with a 20 gauge in that respect. It will drop a man easily but won't remodel the living room.

Adelaide
10-31-2013, 03:39 PM
So, for those that do own guns... I asked Nathan, but why and what do you do with them? For protection, or sport, or...?

KC
10-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Depends. Rifles from the world wars really aren't. Neither are swastikas and things like that. You'd be surprised (or perhaps not) how much of this crap was made. Literally millions upon millions of firearms. The automatic weapons are pricey and hard to find. Plus, it's difficult to get a license for that sort of thing.

I should have specified that these are mostly colonial rifles. Most of them are replicas though.

Common
10-31-2013, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately any thread that even mentions guns is likely to spiral out of control.

Its even worse elsewhere and the reason is the same as why the Govt shutdown, neither side is willing to be reasonable.

The left has to realize the are NEVER going to take guns from americans nor are they going to be able to vastly change their ability to buy them.

The right has to realize that buying a gun at will anytime and anywhere you want is INSANE and they need to acknowledge there is nothing wrong with complete background checks and up to a two week wait ins not unreasonable.

COMPROMISE that filthy dirty blasphemus word is the only way to END the never ending war.

Agravan
10-31-2013, 04:02 PM

The only people finding KKK grand wizards admirable are the people that created them: DEMOCRATS.

Besides, very few places require you to get a license to own a weapon. you woul know that if you ever left Lib-World.

fyrenza
10-31-2013, 04:22 PM
We live on a ranch and own 8 of 'em, rifles and pistols,

that we use to kill snakes, turtles, occasionally having to "put down" one of our animals,

as well as for hunting, home defense and just blasting mushrooms.

kilgram
10-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Another aside, Martin Luther King Jr. was investigated by the FBI, called a communist and a serial philanderer. In my opinion even if those two accusations were true I still hold the highest regard for the man and for what he did. He fought bravely for his cause and died for it. He deserves every ounce of respect for that alone that anyone could possibly have. To marginalize his triumphs for what may very well have been unwarrented accusations is unconscionable. The same applies to the false accusations against Forrest.
FBI investigated anyone who by their views could have been a menace for the system. And FBI continues doing this.

And if I am not wrong, being a Communist is not a crime. So there is no justification to investigate someone.

Mr Happy
10-31-2013, 04:53 PM

Most of Europe, NZ and Australia are not armed. They're polite societies..

zelmo1234
10-31-2013, 04:54 PM

In most of the country you do not need a license for a long gun, there are a few liberal wonderlands, that require it, it is really easy to find them!

Just look for the highest gun violence places in the USA and there you go!

Peter1469
10-31-2013, 05:23 PM
So, for those that do own guns... I asked Nathan, but why and what do you do with them? For protection, or sport, or...?

I bought my first gun after Desert Storm. I slept with my M203 and lots of ammo for months and felt naked without at least a pistol. Plus I went to undergrad and law school in New Orleans and lived in some pretty bad hoods. In 7 years of school I moved 10 times, mostly out of safety concerns. I was shot at a few times, but just brandishing the weapon ended the threat (they ran away). I broke a few leases because of stuff like that.

When I went back into the army I sold my pistol and my revolver because my first unit was in New York, and I didn't want the pain of that with the weapons. When I got stationed in northern VA in 2002 I decided to buy another and I actually had a carry conceal permit, although I rarely used it. Then I deployed to Iraq again and you had to have your weapon with you ever where except the pools and some of the gyms. You couldn't get into the chow hall without a weapon (unless you had a note from you commander (like you were deemed to be nuts)).

It really isn't that dangerous here. Especially my new apartment- it is a high rise with a concierge 24-7. There has to be hundreds of units in this building, so I doubt a break and entry is in the cards.

But I am just used to having one around. If someone tried to break in (while I am here) I would bother with my pistol, I would use this (http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Trench-Hawk-Axe/dp/B0030DBHGU/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_0)..... Less change of hitting innocents.

Common
10-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Who needs a gun?
As nice as everyone is.

Thats the unfortunate part, not everyone is nice.

TheDictator
10-31-2013, 05:29 PM
Yes, and I shot a man who was kidnapping a child about 30 years ago when I was in law enforcement.

Peter1469
10-31-2013, 05:36 PM
Yes, and I shot a man who was kidnapping a child about 30 years ago when I was in law enforcement.

You saved a child- that is something to be proud of.

TheDictator
10-31-2013, 05:40 PM
You saved a child- that is something to be proud of.

I also took two in the chest that is why I'm not in it anymore.

Peter1469
10-31-2013, 05:44 PM
I also took two in the chest that is why I'm not in it anymore.

Sorry to hear that. But it doesn't take away from saving the kid.

Common
10-31-2013, 05:47 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Adelaide http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=409498#post409498)

Ill try to get back on the topic, I own a variety of guns Adelaide, I do not hunt, I refuse to shoot anything unless it is trying to harm me or my own and then I will not hesitate.

I own a M1 M14 with auto clip, I own a thompson machinegun that I would not attempt to fire or even load.
I have two combat shotguns pistol stocks, 2 reg stock shotguns, I own revolvers my favorite are my two mint colt pythons, Colt Detective Special my first gun, chief special, model 10 K frame 2.5 inch that was my second gun, I own pistols, I have an affection for my FNH fnx 40 I believe its an incredibly underated firearm. Ive carried the glock and I never liked it, I have 2 ruger Sr9cs and if any of you know your handguns you already guessed Im lefty. When I do carry outside my home its the 9mm ruger, I have a walther ppk over rated gun to me. I also have 3 derringers, 1 stays inside my pillow, one in the cushion of my recliner and one in a holster near the back door.
I am all about one thing, you do not try to harm me or my own. I am not paranoid I dont believe being prepared is parnoia I believe it to be prudent.
I rarely carry outside my own even though Im licensed. I do go to an indoor range often.
I have other weapons around here too, Im going to give some to my son in laws both police officers.

fyrenza
10-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Me, too, Dic ~ thank you for being there for us, while you could! http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/Fyrenza/Forum%20Stuff/cheerleader_zps7849b9c4.gif (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Fyrenza/media/Forum%20Stuff/cheerleader_zps7849b9c4.gif.html)

Guerilla
10-31-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't own a gun, but only because I just turned 18 and still live with my parents. My mom doesn't want a gun in the house out of fear that one of my little siblings might get a hold of it.

However, I do plan on getting one as soon as I move out. For protection.

roadmaster
10-31-2013, 06:49 PM
I don't own a gun, but only because I just turned 18 and still live with my parents. My mom doesn't want a gun in the house out of fear that one of my little siblings might get a hold of it.

However, I do plan on getting one as soon as I move out. For protection. There are locks to make sure your siblings don't get hold of them. I don't have small kids here but still put locks on mine. If I were by myself then the locks could go off.

zelmo1234
10-31-2013, 06:51 PM

However, I do plan on getting one as soon as I move out. For protection.

Just make sure that when you purchase one, you get some training! Or it will likely be used against you!

zelmo1234
10-31-2013, 06:55 PM
I have several.

Some that I use for Work, or former work.

I have a Wilson 1911 that is on my hip al the time!

I have a collection of Parker Shotguns that are completely restored to museum quality and in a glass case behind my office Desk

I have several for all kinds of hunting, a couple Krieghoff shotguns for skeet and sporting clays

And a pistol collections including a matched pair of first generation Colts

Guerilla
10-31-2013, 07:28 PM
There are locks to make sure your siblings don't get hold of them. I don't have small kids here but still put locks on mine. If I were by myself then the locks could go off.

Never heard of a gun lock, thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to look into it.

Guerilla
10-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Just make sure that when you purchase one, you get some training! Or it will likely be used against you!

Knowing myself, as soon as I get one, I'll be so fascinated by it that I'll probably want to learn every detail, and every shooting technique for it.

So no worries, I'll be certified :wink:

patrickt
10-31-2013, 07:47 PM

I don't but I have. For 30 years I wore a gun most days. I certainly support the right of Americans to own guns. That doesn't mean I think everyone should but almost everyone does have that right.

oceanloverOH
10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
I don't like guns of any sort. I know that sounds odd coming from former military....but I've always detested them. My Dad, the retired Marine, loves guns.....he really is into the clean lines of a well-built gun, and owns several; from a very small "ladies" pistol right up to the biggest damned rifle I've ever seen in my life. And he spends hours cleaning and oiling and polishing them. He bought a beautiful antique cabinet to display them in. It's a good hobby for him. He does keep one loaded and ready, right under his bed where he can reach it at a second's notice...it's in some sort of a quick-release gun safe. Does anyone else have a gun safe like that?

Peter1469
10-31-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't like guns of any sort. I know that sounds odd coming from former military....but I've always detested them. My Dad, the retired Marine, loves guns.....he really is into the clean lines of a well-built gun, and owns several; from a very small "ladies" pistol right up to the biggest damned rifle I've ever seen in my life. And he spends hours cleaning and oiling and polishing them. He bought a beautiful antique cabinet to display them in. It's a good hobby for him. He does keep one loaded and ready, right under his bed where he can reach it at a second's notice...it's in some sort of a quick-release gun safe. Does anyone else have a gun safe like that?

You're Air Force. That you don't like guns is not a surprise to me. :wink: My last Iraq tour was at the air base near Balad. The air force had a small section fenced off just for them- they even had a putting green. I was friends with the deputy garrison commander, who was Air Force, so she gave me access. Night and day compared to the army side. I went out of my way to do laundry there (when I could just drop it off on the army side for contractors to do it). The women were, well, not army women. Balad air base also was where the Iraqi Olympic swim team trained back in the day. There was an outdoor pool there that had to at least be = to 4 Olympic -sized pools. In the summer the air force girls looked like models in their really small bikinis. As one of the most senior people on post all I could do was watch. Then I would get tired of it and grab a detail to go outside the wire and walk into the local town and see what the Sons of Iraq were up to. (Never trusted those guys).

zelmo1234
10-31-2013, 09:51 PM

Yes! If installed correctly they are bolted to a secure object. When my pistol comes off my hip, it goes into the safe.

there are 2 kinds that I know of, one uses your finger print to open it. the other has a button on each finger and a 6 digit combination

I also have one installed under the back seat of my truck, if I every have to go into a place that does not allow concealed carry

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Mom, stop it. You're embarrassing me!

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 07:48 AM
I own guns. I don't say what guns I own on the Internet, but I have guns for every occasion. I can also make them and considered gunsmithing as a career when I got out.

Oh and because of the federal government I'm missing hunting season. Assholes.

Chris
11-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Mom, stop it. You're embarrassing me!

Lol, I've heard that a zillion times from my son.

Ravi
11-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Lol, I've heard that a zillion times from my son.
You're a female???????????????????

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 07:55 AM
You're a female???????????????????

<<<<rare moment where he agrees with ravi>>>>

nathanbforrest45
11-01-2013, 08:03 AM
FBI investigated anyone who by their views could have been a menace for the system. And FBI continues doing this.

And if I am not wrong, being a Communist is not a crime. So there is no justification to investigate someone.

Once again the left misses the point. My point, which I understand you can never comprehend, is that King was falsely accused but his accomplishments far overshadowed any accusations that were made against him.

Mister D
11-01-2013, 08:05 AM
I should have specified that these are mostly colonial rifles. Most of them are replicas though.

I saw an original Brown Bess. Out of my price range and I didn;t really want it but it was pretty cool. I think he was asking 6K.

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Alyoshas husband had a Colt Single Action Army .45 from the 1800s. She does now, I mean. Beautiful old gun and I don't like revolvers because of the weight distribution.

Mister D
11-01-2013, 08:10 AM
@Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863)s husband had a Colt Single Action Army .45 from the 1800s. She does now, I mean. Beautiful old gun and I don't like revolvers because of the weight distribution.

Wow nice classic.

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Wow nice classic.

He also had a foxy looking Barrett M107A .50. I can see why she was so in love with him. I would have been in love with him, too.

Mister D
11-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Incidentally, that Brown Bess had East India Company markings. That's pretty neat.

Mr. Freeze
11-01-2013, 10:04 AM
He also had a foxy looking Barrett M107A .50. I can see why she was so in love with him. I would have been in love with him, too.

She had other reasons. Hard not to like Superman. :) He was a good guy. We all loved him.

Mr. Freeze
11-01-2013, 10:05 AM
I have a Browning. I was told by certain people on this forum that they are the best guns to get.

Peter1469
11-01-2013, 03:27 PM
@Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863)s husband had a Colt Single Action Army .45 from the 1800s. She does now, I mean. Beautiful old gun and I don't like revolvers because of the weight distribution.I actually prefer revolvers for conceal carry. In school I had a S&W model 64, with a spur-less hammer, and a two inch barrel.

nic34
11-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Ruger 10/22 Target Hammer-Forged Bull Barrel .22LR

Strictly target use.

And dad's M-1 carbine.... issued 1945

Target use also.

Mister D
11-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Wow 17 t0 7 and three of the latter don't live here. Adelaide

Peter1469
11-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Wow 17 t0 7 and three of the latter don't live here. @Adelaide (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=473)

Hey, America is stuffed full of private firearms. America is different. I can understand the restrictions of other nations.

Mister D
11-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Hey, America is stuffed full of private firearms. America is different. I can understand the restrictions of other nations.

I agree. It's a interesting poll. I'm actually a little surprised it's so lopsided.

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 09:12 PM
I agree. It's a interesting poll. I'm actually a little surprised it's so lopsided.

I know of a few others on here with weapons so its more lopsided than that.

Common
11-01-2013, 09:46 PM

Im not suprised theres more gun owners in america than not. Thats why I laugh when someone says theyre going to take your guns. Never going to happen, NEVER.

zelmo1234
11-01-2013, 09:50 PM
It would be interesting to find out how many on here actually Carry Concealed on a regular basis!

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 10:27 PM
It would be interesting to find out how many on here actually Carry Concealed on a regular basis!

((raises hand))

Green Arrow
11-01-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't. I carried one when I worked security, for the job, but I didn't own it, the company gave it to me. When they fired me, I gave it back and got rid of my permit.

I did all my hunting with a crossbow. It's a beautiful weapon, with more art to it than guns. I'd prefer to use a regular bow, but I lack the arm strength. Hope to fix that some day.

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 10:51 PM
I don't. I carried one when I worked security, for the job, but I didn't own it, the company gave it to me. When they fired me, I gave it back and got rid of my permit.

I did all my hunting with a crossbow. It's a beautiful weapon, with more art to it than guns. I'd prefer to use a regular bow, but I lack the arm strength. Hope to fix that some day.

I can help. I'm really good at personal training.

Green Arrow
11-01-2013, 11:08 PM
I can help. I'm really good at personal training.

I'd appreciate it. I'm not looking to be a Hulk, but I'd like to at least be in shape and strong enough to protect myself and my family reliably. Right now, that ain't happenin'. I have noodle arms :tongue:

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I'd appreciate it. I'm not looking to be a Hulk, but I'd like to at least be in shape and strong enough to protect myself and my family reliably. Right now, that ain't happenin'. I have noodle arms :tongue:

I'll install a pull up bar for you. It's cheap and you don't even have to do a pull up to get a work out, just trying works your muscles.

Green Arrow
11-02-2013, 12:14 AM
I'll install a pull up bar for you. It's cheap and you don't even have to do a pull up to get a work out, just trying works your muscles.

Well, if I continue on living here for awhile, we have one set up in our hall doorway already. How regularly should I use it?

Codename Section
11-02-2013, 12:20 AM
You're staying I'll be back soon and we can figure out something. Maybe you can have my old space. Its bright enough that I can sleep now. I'll catch up with you in a couple hours, pup.

Green Arrow
11-02-2013, 12:24 AM
You're staying I'll be back soon and we can figure out something. Maybe you can have my old space. Its bright enough that I can sleep now. I'll catch up with you in a couple hours, pup.

Rest easy, warrior.

Carlsen
11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
m y family have Lahti 9mm and Winchester 52.

Adelaide
11-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Wow 17 t0 7 and three of the latter don't live here. @Adelaide (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=473)

I don't know that I think it's overly surprising, but I'm glad I asked! It's interesting how many own guns that have voted so far.

KC
11-02-2013, 01:35 PM

And I'm fairly certain at least half of the the No votes are people under 30.

Codename Section
11-02-2013, 01:42 PM

Nope. There are 5 of us on here under 30 with guns.

KC
11-02-2013, 01:45 PM

But 4 out of 8 of the no votes are people under 30. Unless Green Arrow is over 30.

Mister D
11-02-2013, 01:53 PM
I don't know that I think it's overly surprising, but I'm glad I asked! It's interesting how many own guns that have voted so far.

I wouldn't have expected more than 2 to 1.

Mister D
11-02-2013, 01:55 PM

Half the nays are not from the US. That's significant, IMO.

KC
11-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Half the nays are not from the US. That's significant, IMO.

True, I didn't notice that.

Green Arrow
11-02-2013, 03:53 PM
But 4 out of 8 of the no votes are people under 30. Unless @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) is over 30.

Nope. I turned 22 on Oct. 2. I'm the baby of our motley crew :tongue:

KC
11-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Nope. I turned 22 on Oct. 2. I'm the baby of our motley crew :tongue:

I turned 21 in July. I've always been the youngest amongst my friends too.

TheInternet
11-02-2013, 07:07 PM
I own a dozen guns.

2 AK 74s (an Arsenal, and a Waffen Werks), a Stag Arms ar15, four pistols (glock .45, Colt 1911, a Taurus 9mm, and a Sig .380 that the old lady usually carries), an old breach action 20 gauge that I inherited from my old man, a Marlin 336 for deer hunting, a .22 rifle, a Mosin Nagant, and a Mossy 500 (12 gauge pump) that I keep loaded next to my bed.

Lol.... clueless.

Protection, sport, hunting, hobby.

Its even worse elsewhere and the reason is the same as why the Govt shutdown, neither side is willing to be reasonable.

The left has to realize the are NEVER going to take guns from americans nor are they going to be able to vastly change their ability to buy them.

The right has to realize that buying a gun at will anytime and anywhere you want is INSANE and they need to acknowledge there is nothing wrong with complete background checks and up to a two week wait ins not unreasonable.

COMPROMISE that filthy dirty blasphemus word is the only way to END the never ending war.

The compromise has already been made.

At one point in this country you could mail order a fully automatic rifle to your doorstep with no background check.

Now, to purchase a weapon there is a required b/g check, you cannot buy via mail, and new full auto weapons are illegal. We have 922R, import restrictions, barrel length restrictions and more.

The "reasonable compromises" have been made. The left continues to try to slowly erode 2A. Private transactions between individuals should not be the business of the federal government.

I usually have a gun in my vehicles. I rarely carry on my person, but do on occasion. Where I live there's pretty low crime.

6 of us under 30 with guns.

Germanicus
11-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Its too much trouble to own a gun in Australia. Not that I think I would want one anyway. If someone tries to shoot me I really dont care. If someone does shoot me then they are cowards because I am unarmed.

I do not think it is enough trouble to own a gun in the USA. I kinda am against guns really. I do not think the public should have them for protection because if you ask me only cowards use guns to defend themselves that are terrified of being killed. I think that our Nationa Western Police Forces are cowards that spend more time raising revenue than getting violent and dangerous criminals off the street.

So only the state should have guns. And maybe guys that have a license and shoot at a shooting range or something. I think it should be illegal to defend yourself with a gun.

And yeah, yeah, I will be dead if someone pulls a gun on me. Big deal. At least I wont be a coward.

I cant believe the USA allows people to "carry". Complete morons and cowards carrying guns around the streets. That is weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Codename Section
11-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Its too much trouble to own a gun in Australia. Not that I think I would want one anyway. If someone tries to shoot me I really dont care. If someone does shoot me then they are cowards because I am unarmed.

I do not think it is enough trouble to own a gun in the USA. I kinda am against guns really. I do not think the public should have them for protection because if you ask me only cowards use guns to defend themselves that are terrified of being killed. I think that our Nationa Western Police Forces are cowards that spend more time raising revenue than getting violent and dangerous criminals off the street.

So only the state should have guns. And maybe guys that have a license and shoot at a shooting range or something. I think it should be illegal to defend yourself with a gun.

And yeah, yeah, I will be dead if someone pulls a gun on me. Big deal. At least I wont be a coward.

I cant believe the USA allows people to "carry". Complete morons and cowards carrying guns around the streets. That is weird.

I'm 6 ft 2, I played sports all through high school, I took 3 different styles of martial arts, and I have a great reach.

How can a woman defend herself against me without a gun?

Ethereal
11-02-2013, 08:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Only the state should have guns? Why are leftists turning into such Nazis lately?

Codename Section
11-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Only the state should have guns? Why are leftists turning into such Nazis lately?

Beats me.

Germanicus
11-02-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm 6 ft 2, I played sports all through high school, I took 3 different styles of martial arts, and I have a great reach.

Society defends. We kill you very slow when we get you. And we make people watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mA3voZUZrk

If people would harden the fuck up things would be fine.

Only in America is everyone so afraid they must walk around with guns. This coward mentality extends out to greater society.

I am against Death Penalty but in America it could be used for a transitional period for a short time. Make society and criminals know that criminality will not be tollerated.

Do many women get off an attacker with a gun?

Pommy Cops dont even "carry". Why does George Zimmerman need to? Because he is a pussy.

Codename Section
11-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Society defends. We kill you very slow when we get you. And we make people watch.

If people would harden the fuck up things would be fine.

Only in America is everyone so afraid they must walk around with guns. This coward mentality extends out to greater society.

I am against Death Penelty but in America it could be used for a transitional period for a short time. Make society and criminals know that criminality will not be tollerated.

Do many women get off an attacker with a gun?

Pommy Cops dont even "carry". Why does George Zimmerman need to? Because he is a pussy.

How does that help the woman after I've killed her? You get me, but she's dead.

Adelaide
11-02-2013, 08:56 PM

Most attacks on women (sexual, domestic) come from someone they know, (friend, family, acquaintance, date). In the case of sexual assaults, drugs or alcohol are often involved. A gun is a fine hypothetical deterrent, but majority of the time surprise at the situation will likely render a weapon useless and/or a potential victim might not be sober enough to quickly or efficiently use a weapon. Reality is, weapons are only so useful when a woman is attacked.

Codename Section
11-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Most attacks on women (sexual, domestic) come from someone they know, (friend, family, acquaintance, date). In the case of sexual assaults, drugs or alcohol are often involved. A gun is a fine hypothetical deterrent, but majority of the time surprise at the situation will likely render a weapon useless and/or a potential victim might not be sober enough to quickly or efficiently use a weapon. Reality is, weapons are only so useful when a woman is attacked.

I will post the website tomorrow because I don't have my laptop with the bookmarks but that's not entirely true. I also train women in self defense and shooting.

TheInternet
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM

So women who are drunk and hanging out with drunk assholes cannot effectively defend themselves with firearms; I'll give you that one.

I don't think we should decide all women should be defenseless and dependent upon another man to protect them in bad situations.

This is where I really don't get a lot of liberals. I'm not a badass, but I'm gonna hurt damn near any human on this earth badly enough in a one on one physical confrontation to get them the hell off of me. I'm gonna take some damage, but an attacker will quickly realize its in their best interest to find easier prey. Women don't enjoy that same luxury. In general, conservatives would like to see the women in our lives able to stand up for themselves and take care of business on their own by permitting them the tools necessary. Libs want them to be defenseless.

My girlfriend has a CCDW, and keeps a weapon in her car or purse, and is fairly competent with it. She's not going to win any shooting tournaments, but she could put a few rounds in some shitbag's chest pretty easily. I'm still working on my mother and sister.

bladimz
11-03-2013, 05:38 PM

How can a woman defend herself against me without a gun?Taser.

Codename Section
11-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Taser.

And if she misses, does she have a backup taser?

bladimz
11-05-2013, 01:04 PM
And if she misses, does she have a backup taser?And if she misses with her pistol? Maybe she only has one chance to pop off a round.

There'll always be maybes and ifs.

Codename Section
11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
And if she misses with her pistol? Maybe she only has one chance to pop off a round.

Why would she only have one chance? You can pull the trigger 15 times. The taser you cannot.

But I'm sure you know best about tasers. I really don't care anymore. I give up. Progressives win. You're right about everything. WOmen who are being raped should just be raped and report it to hte police later because...what if they miss?

Fuck defending yourself. I'll just tell my sister to give up and get raped.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Have any of you ever been sexually assaulted by a stranger? I have. It's why someone who was always afraid of guns took a class and bought a gun.

I'm Malcom X. Never again and By Any Means Necessary.

Just like abortions, you don't want a gun, don't fucking get one. Don't dare deny me the right to defend myself. You don't know what it feels like to be beaten to feel helpless to be scared to pray someone shows up. You think you know until it happens to you.

I personally get thermonuclear angry when (men especially) try to tell me that I might "miss" so I shouldn't have a gun. I might not be able to shoot them and they could take it from me. Well, give me the opportunity and choice at least to take that risk--and I will, if it will save me from that level of brutality.

On a side note, I also hate this idea of the ultrasound as rape. If you have the fucking ability to walk out without having it done it is not force.

Force is being followed for money, and then them changing their mind and dragging you into an alley and shoving you down. THAT is force.

So...if you don't want a gun. Don't buy one. Get a whistle or get nothing. I don't care. Just quit trying to remove my chance of equalizing my situation based of this litany of "what ifs".

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 01:28 PM
And if she misses with her pistol? Maybe she only has one chance to pop off a round.

Then I will fucking use the piece of metal to bash his mutherfucking head in if he comes near me.

Not if you have no weapon. Then the reality is you WILL be raped.

bladimz
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Why would she only have one chance? You can pull the trigger 15 times. The taser you cannot.

But I'm sure you know best about tasers. I really don't care anymore. I give up. Progressives win. You're right about everything. WOmen who are being raped should just be raped and report it to hte police later because...what if they miss?

Fuck defending yourself. I'll just tell my sister to give up and get raped.All i said is that a woman can use a taser to defend herself. It's an alternative. I didn't say it was the best alternative. Maybe a woman doesn't feel good about carrying a gun. Maybe she's unable to maintain a cool head; maybe her attacker takes the gun from her.

You're over-reacting here. I never said progressives, or i, were right about everything, and i doubt that you really do give up. I'm pretty sure i know how you feel about guns, but you should be able to entertain possible alternatives, right? If you don't like tasers, how about a good knife? Defending yourself doesn't always require owning and using a gun.

Look, i get it. Some people will always see a gun as the go-to weapon. If your sister wants to carry a gun for on-the-go protection, she has that right. I'm not arguing against that mentality. I'm just talking about alternatives.

The Xl
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Taser.

A gun is more effective. No need for a taser.

Mister D
11-05-2013, 01:38 PM
All i said is that a woman can use a taser to defend herself. It's an alternative. I didn't say it was the best alternative. Maybe a woman doesn't feel good about carrying a gun. Maybe she's unable to maintain a cool head; maybe her attacker takes the gun from her.

You're over-reacting here. I never said progressives, or i, were right about everything, and i doubt that you really do give up. I'm pretty sure i know how you feel about guns, but you should be able to entertain possible alternatives, right? If you don't like tasers, how about a good knife? Defending yourself doesn't always require owning and using a gun.

Look, i get it. Some people will always see a gun as the go-to weapon. If your sister wants to carry a gun for on-the-go protection, she has that right. I'm not arguing against that mentality. I'm just talking about alternatives.

For your average female a gun is absolutely the go to weapon. A knife? You can't be serious.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 01:42 PM
All i said is that a woman can use a taser to defend herself. It's an alternative. I didn't say it was the best alternative. Maybe a woman doesn't feel good about carrying a gun. Maybe she's unable to maintain a cool head; maybe her attacker takes the gun from her.

But you wouldn't want to take away our rights to own a pistol and defend ourselves, right?

You are for choice, yes?

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Has anyone tried a taser? There are two types, one requires your attacker being right up on you and the other is no different than a gun, only harder to get out and to shoot accurately.

I could crank off multiple shots with a pistol using my Flashbang bra or pistol holster purse before getting a taser out and charged.

bladimz
11-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Then I will fucking use the piece of metal to bash his mutherfucking head in if he comes near me.Or, you could just cuss him to death. Right now, it sounds to me that you'd be just as capable of ripping his throat out before he even laid a hand on you

Not if you have no weapon. Then the reality is you WILL be raped.A year ago my sister in law was sexually assaulted. She isn't comfortable carrying a gun, so she got herself a german shepherd. Most attackers don't care much for shepherds.

bladimz
11-05-2013, 01:48 PM
But you wouldn't want to take away our rights to own a pistol and defend ourselves, right?

You are for choice, yes?Why ever would i want to take that right away? I am for choice, yes.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Or, you could just cuss him to death. Right now, it sounds to me that you'd be just as capable of ripping his throat out before he even laid a hand on you

I am taking martial arts, too.

A year ago my sister in law was sexually assaulted. She isn't comfortable carrying a gun, so she got herself a german shepherd. Most attackers don't care much for shepherds.

I got this dog in response:

http://mindjunks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/great-pyrenees1.jpg

I hired a marine who was just getting out of special forces to walk me around, and I got a gun.

I'm serious. Never again.

bladimz
11-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Has anyone tried a taser? There are two types, one requires your attacker being right up on you and the other is no different than a gun, only harder to get out and to shoot accurately.

I could crank off multiple shots with a pistol using my Flashbang bra or pistol holster purse before getting a taser out and charged.I never used a taser. I'm only guessing (apologies) that with training and some practice, deployment time and accuracy would improve.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 01:54 PM
If men were less rape-y and violent I wouldn't need a gun, but they are. And there it is.

Yes, I've had to buy a 172 lb dog, an expensive pistol, a 6 ft 2 200 lb ex SF bodyguard, and I still shove a chair against my door when I go to sleep.

That is what sexual assault does to women. I hope no one goes through it ever again. But they will.

bladimz
11-05-2013, 01:57 PM

I hired a marine who was just getting out of special forces to walk me around, and I got a gun.

I'm serious. Never again.Good God, that is one beautiful dog! What make and model is it?

Now martial arts is an excellent tool. My daughter in law won the bronze in the Tai Kwon Do World Competition in Korea for kicking (board-breaking). The board is held 6 feet off the ground, and she kicks it from a standing position. She's deadly.

Mister D
11-05-2013, 01:58 PM

I'm serious. Never again.

A dog or a polar bear?

Alyosha
This is what hims looked like as a wittle puppy

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQjzvR__VeI/UJM94x9AUOI/AAAAAAAABcE/yvJnkHSHL7I/s1600/DSCF6524.JPG

Alyosha
A dog or a polar bear?

Both :D

The Xl
11-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Holy fuck that's a big dog

KC
11-05-2013, 01:59 PM
This is what hims looked like as a wittle puppy

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQjzvR__VeI/UJM94x9AUOI/AAAAAAAABcE/yvJnkHSHL7I/s1600/DSCF6524.JPG

That dog is seriously adorable.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Good God, that is one beautiful dog! What make and model is it?

Great Pyrenees.

Now martial arts is an excellent tool. My daughter in law won the bronze in the Tai Kwon Do World Competition in Korea for kicking (board-breaking). The board is held 6 feet off the ground, and she kicks it from a standing position. She's deadly.

Codename Section has been teaching me. The XL was going to, too, but we ended up drinking beer instead. Hi The Xl

Oh, I'll push for the two of them...if you want personal trainers those are some go to guys. :)

bladimz
11-05-2013, 02:00 PM
If men were less rape-y and violent I wouldn't need a gun, but they are. And there it is.

Yes, I've had to buy a 172 lb dog, an expensive pistol, a 6 ft 2 200 lb ex SF bodyguard, and I still shove a chair against my door when I go to sleep.

That is what sexual assault does to women. I hope no one goes through it ever again. But they will.It's none of my business, of course, and you can tell me to fuck off, but have you had sessions with a professional to help you with the psychological damage? It's part of what my sister-in-law has been doing.

Mister D
11-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Holy fuck that's a big dog

Looks like one of those things that attacked Luke Skywalker on Planet Hoth.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 02:04 PM
It's none of my business, of course, and you can tell me to fuck off, but have you had sessions with a professional to help you with the psychological damage? It's part of what my sister-in-law has been doing.

My priest has a PhD in psychology and so I have been speaking with him. I felt more comfortable than speaking with a stranger.

bladimz
Great Pyrenees.

Codename Section has been teaching me. The XL was going to, too, but we ended up drinking beer instead. Hi @The Xl (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=865)

Oh, I'll push for the two of them...if you want personal trainers those are some go to guys. :)How old is your wittle puppy by now? Is he/she trained to protect? God, what a beautiful dog.
I know. I already said that.

Alyosha

Hey! No he doesn't. :(

bladimz
11-05-2013, 02:05 PM
My priest has a PhD in psychology and so I have been speaking with him. I felt more comfortable than speaking with a stranger.
Hope that's going well for you.

Mister D
11-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey! No he doesn't. :(

J/K :smiley: But a wampa would keep any woman safe. Just sayin'.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 02:06 PM
How old is your wittle puppy by now? Is he/she trained to protect? God, what a beautiful dog.
I know. I already said that.

They are natural protectors both as a guardian and as a rescue dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMJX07N220

bladimz
11-05-2013, 02:07 PM

4471Yeah. Luke really had his hands full with that one...

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 02:07 PM
IF you get one, whatever you give them in the beginning they will watch. If it is people, then it won't move out and watch goats. If goats, it won't come in and watch people.

They bond quickly and only want to watch that creature(s).

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 02:08 PM

bladimz

Kodiak pulled the sheep from a burning shed.

KC
11-05-2013, 02:10 PM
J/K :smiley: But a wampa would keep any woman safe. Just sayin'.

Given that the woman is Kyrisa and uses her mind control powers to command the wampa.

bladimz
11-05-2013, 02:11 PM
@bladimz (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=7)

Kodiak pulled the sheep from a burning shed.Yeah. I watched the video. Dogs are an amazing gift to us dopey humans. We don't deserve them.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah. I watched the video. Dogs are an amazing gift to us dopey humans. We don't deserve them.

No we don't. If I go places with him I don't bother with the other stuff. He makes me feel safe, my big fluffy doggie, yes hims does...

The Xl
11-05-2013, 02:19 PM

That dog is a baws.

Alyosha
11-05-2013, 02:25 PM
That dog is a baws.

Did you notice the fur burnt off his back? But he rescued his sheep. :(

The Xl
11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Did you notice the fur burnt off his back? But he rescued his sheep. :(

I like dogs more than humans. They're nicer and more loyal. Sometimes even smarter.

bladimz
11-05-2013, 03:29 PM
I like dogs more than humans. They're nicer and more loyal. Sometimes even smarter.Also they don't cheat, they don't pull shit behind your back, they don't lie, and you know where you stand with them. They'll do anything to please you (their master). As they say, the more i understand people, the more i love my dog.

patrickt
11-05-2013, 03:51 PM
The difference between a dog and a spouse is that the dog might poop on the floor but he never ever poops on you. Amazingly, my dog has never pooped on the floor and only peed in the house twice in the first week and never again. He's not big but he's my buddy.

bladimz
11-05-2013, 04:10 PM
The difference between a dog and a spouse is that the dog might poop on the floor but he never ever poops on you. Amazingly, my dog has never pooped on the floor and only peed in the house twice in the first week and never again. He's not big but he's my buddy.
God loves the person that loves his dog.