PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Reading

Matty
10-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Killing Jesus? An excellent history book. Excellent.

Peter1469
10-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Never heard of it.

hanger4
10-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Never heard of it.

Authored by Bill O’Reilly

Chris
10-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Saw it in the bookstore, along with Killing Kennedy, and Killing someone else. O'Reilly, sorry, no interest.

Matty
10-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Saw it in the bookstore, along with Killing Kennedy, and Killing someone else. O'Reilly, sorry, no interest.

That's sad. All three best sellers Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy, Killing Jesus. Great History books.

Libhater
11-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I read killing Lincoln and thought that was the best most insightful book on Lincoln I had ever read. O'Reilly and his co author do an amazing job with giving us facts from killing Lincoln that had previously laid dormant. Can't wait to get Killing Jesus, right after I finish a book titled Founding Myths. Remember that O'Reilly taught high school history in an earlier age, so his expertise on writing this string of non fiction books is not surprising. Oh, did I tell you that O'Reilly's FOX TV Factor program has been rated #1 for many years now?

Captain Obvious
11-03-2013, 06:42 PM
My wife is reading a fiction novel that has Judas dying on the cross instead of Jesus, but I don't think it's the same book.

strollingbonez
11-05-2013, 08:41 AM
anyone reading the study that contends the romans wrote the bible to keep the jews in their place...replacing the warrior messiah with a peace messiah

Peter1469
11-05-2013, 08:55 AM
anyone reading the study that contends the romans wrote the bible to keep the jews in their place...replacing the warrior messiah with a peace messiah

What book is that? Interesting concept, but I don't think that the Romans would have gone to the trouble. They crushed the Jewish rebellion and destroyed the 2nd Temple instead.

The Sage of Main Street
11-15-2013, 04:19 PM

I suspect something even worse, that Jesus was an agent of the Roman Empire ("Render therefore unto Caesar").

They wanted him to divert the Jews from violent revolution by thinking of their place in the next world, which Augustine later called the City of God. They trained him in esoteric medical knowledge to make him seem like a miracle worker. It didn't work, so they killed him as a favor to the other collaborators, the High Priests.