PDA

View Full Version : Florida Campaign Graded as Most Negative in History

Conley
01-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Nope, it's not your imagination. The 2012 Republican contest in Florida has been the most negative campaign on record, according to a group tracking political ads in the Sunshine State.

The analysis from Campaign Media Analysis Group (CMAG) shows a whopping 92% of ads airing in Florida over the past week were negative. The organization said Tuesday that was a record rate for political campaigns.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/31/florida-primary-the-most-negative-campaign-ever-says-media-group/?hpt=hp_c1

92% of the ads are negative. This is really what it's come down to, choosing which of these guys will do the least amount of damage as president. :embarrassed:

MMC
01-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah it even spilled over to Fox news Sunday with Gingrich getting some free air-time. Then even onto those post rally speeches before they hit the polls. Romney has been pounding it in. Especially with Gingrich and the FDR crap he believed and the Pelsoi Commercial he did. His Record in the House. What I think is really killing Gingrich here are all the other republicans that have come against him.

Even McCain took Romney into Pensecola getting some military Establishment behind him. Saying he has watched Romeny grow into a Leader and fine Speaker. :rollseyes: Yeah thats why he sounds so scripted right?

Alias
01-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Nope, it's not your imagination. The 2012 Republican contest in Florida has been the most negative campaign on record, according to a group tracking political ads in the Sunshine State.

The analysis from Campaign Media Analysis Group (CMAG) shows a whopping 92% of ads airing in Florida over the past week were negative. The organization said Tuesday that was a record rate for political campaigns.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/31/florida-primary-the-most-negative-campaign-ever-says-media-group/?hpt=hp_c1

92% of the ads are negative. This is really what it's come down to, choosing which of these guys will do the least amount of damage as president. :embarrassed:

I think primaries can get much nastier than general elections. The candidates in primaries are in the same party so there are lots of similarities. Maybe they focus on the negative to accentuate their differeneces.

Conley
01-31-2012, 06:44 PM
That's a good point Alias, I hadn't thought of it like that. This definitely seems uglier than when Romney and McCain were battling.

Conley
01-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Yeah it even spilled over to Fox news Sunday with Gingrich getting some free air-time. Then even onto those post rally speeches before they hit the polls. Romney has been pounding it in. Especially with Gingrich and the FDR crap he believed and the Pelsoi Commercial he did. His Record in the House. What I think is really killing Gingrich here are all the other republicans that have come against him.

Even McCain took Romney into Pensecola getting some military Establishment behind him. Saying he has watched Romeny grow into a Leader and fine Speaker. :rollseyes: Yeah thats why he sounds so scripted right?

:laugh: McCain needs to ride off into the sunset. He can spend some of his wife's money and enjoy himself.

Mister D
01-31-2012, 07:01 PM
I think primaries can get much nastier than general elections. The candidates in primaries are in the same party so there are lots of similarities. Maybe they focus on the negative to accentuate their differeneces.

That makes sense. Good point.

Conley
02-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Alias's point reminded me of another primary...I think it was South Carolina for the 2000 election when Bush's people floated the rumor that McCain's adopted daughter (Vietnamese I think?) was actually his illegitimate child. That basically sank Johnny Mac. Pretty bad!

Mister D
02-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Rove strikes again! :evil:

Conley
02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
El Diablo! :shocked:

MMC
02-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Yeah I got the other thread up Rove pulled over 51 mil for the GOP. He broke Palin even before she got out the gate. Then Made sure Hayley Barber didn't get in the game. Must have been laughing when Trump was thinking of running. As he knows this isn't all he is bringing to the table.