PDA

View Full Version : Let's take a poll: Do you approve of Obama's performance as President?

Blackrook
11-01-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm interested to know what Obama's approval rating is on this forum. And tell me, has the recent roll-out of Obamacare affected how you view Obama's performance?

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 10:37 PM
But I hated Bush, too.

Chris
11-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Goldwater was the last good President.

Common
11-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I disaprove I think hes a terrible president, not the worst in my lifetime but near the top.
I refuse to trash the guy because the magnitude of the money and vitriole and stonewalling that
hes had to deal with is the worst ive ever seen in my lifetime.

Even a staunch Obama supporter knows hes not performing well whether they admit it or not.

Common
11-01-2013, 10:42 PM
But I hated Bush, too.

I didnt hate bush, I liked the guy and thought he took alot of crap from code pink and Cindy Sheehan and some progressive liberal far leftists. What he took pales compared to what obama has been confronted with.

Codename Section
11-01-2013, 10:45 PM
I didnt hate bush, I liked the guy and thought he took alot of crap from code pink and Cindy Sheehan and some progressive liberal far leftists. What he took pales compared to what obama has been confronted with.

I don't want to get started about Bush or Cheney. I joined the marines because of their bullshit, stayed in for my friends, but I am not happy about most of the shit they got us into. That is all I will say.

Common
11-01-2013, 11:17 PM
No one said you have to like them. You dont like Obama, you didnt like bush, you dont like democrats and you dont like republicans. So I guess the only thing left for you is Rand Paul. You think hes going to be that much different even if ever could get elected

Blackrook
11-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Rand Paul would be no different. The minute he got elected President he would decide that the United States really needs to keep going with the drone strikes, the secret prisons, the warrantless tapping, the NSA snooping, and all the rest.

Green Arrow
11-02-2013, 12:21 AM
No one said you have to like them. You dont like Obama, you didnt like bush, you dont like democrats and you dont like republicans. So I guess the only thing left for you is Rand Paul. You think hes going to be that much different even if ever could get elected

Not really. It works a lot more sensibly than that. If you understand the nature of power, you understand the nature of politics and politicians. Power corrupts, absolutely. I love Ron Paul, I think he was one of the very, very few actually honest politicians out there who had integrity and strong character. Dennis Kucinich was the same for me, on the Democrat side. If they had been in power long enough, however, I do believe it's possible that they may have ended up getting corrupted too. Maybe not, but the nature of power would suggest that they would, at some point.

Rand Paul is a politician. I happen to like him, but I won't trust him fully until he leaves all political office. You can't, not truly. You can't trust any politician until they leave office, because as long as they remain in power, they remain susceptible to corruption.

So, will he be that much different? I have to hope that he will, and I believe he might, given his record so far. But will I be surprised if he isn't?

No, I will not, because that is the nature of power.

Green Arrow
11-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Blackrook, you'll have to clarify your question. As it stands, this:

How do you think Obama is performing as President?

Can be taken in two ways: is he performing as President the way Presidents normally perform, or do you approve with his performance?

There are two different answers, depending on which one you meant.

The Xl
11-02-2013, 01:15 AM
He sucks.

TheInternet
11-03-2013, 12:11 AM
I just voted.... all 12 people taking the poll strongly disapprove... I'm kinda shocked that that's been the only answer selected.

Chris
11-03-2013, 10:08 AM
I just voted.... all 12 people taking the poll strongly disapprove... I'm kinda shocked that that's been the only answer selected.

Well as you know darn well there are no liberal progressives on this forum. There's only us rightingnutjobs, the rest are moderates.