PDA

View Full Version : Truly Substandard

patrickt
11-03-2013, 07:12 AM
"Since Stadler’s family’s income is too high to qualify for federal subsidies, he’s considering putting his kids on the policy his wife, a teacher, gets through her job. But that would be expensive, too. “The thing that gets me,” says Stadler, who voted for Obama in the 2012 presidential election, “is I thought Barack Obama was the only guy I could trust in Washington. He ended up lying to me because he said, if I like my insurance, I could keep it.”Mr. Stadler had a policy that cost $411. His new policy that will satisfy Obamacare with provision he doesn't need will cost $843.

"Under Stadler’s expiring policy, his premiums are $411 a month, for coverage that always seemed adequate to him. “It’s not a substandard policy,” he says. “I thought it was a great deal.” The premium for the new policy offered by his insurer will be $843 a month, with coverage that’s more or less the same as far as he’s concerned. But new policies are required to include free preventive services such as mammograms and colonoscopies, and they can’t be canceled or priced higher for sicker people, which is why the cost of some policies is going up."

"Obama also continues to point out that many people whose insurance is being cancelled will get a better deal through one of the new exchanges, because of federal subsides offered to lower-income people to help them pay for coverage. The real losers (http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/obamacare-unintended-losers-152316725.html), by contrast, are people like Stadler who won’t qualify for subsidies, and will no longer be able to buy “substandard” policies, either. Many such people will face higher costs for better coverage they wouldn’t choose to pay for on their own, which is exactly the type of Washington-knows-better policymaking that outrages Tea Partiers and many independents who think the government has become too invasive."

The "real losers" will also be American taxpayers who are paying for their own insurance and subsidizing the chosen ones.The only thing obviously substandard in this entire fiasco is the government. Taxpayers deserve better.

Common
11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
There is so much BS flying around about obamacare from both sides, I dont believe either of them and Im not pouring over all the pundit and partisan websites and articles to read it.

I am waiting till after the first of the year and then see if we can get to somewhat of the real truth. If it turns out that many americans are in fact going to get screwed by obamacare, then I will be right in the antiobamacare camp.

pjohns
11-03-2013, 10:45 AM
I am waiting till after the first of the year and then see if we can get to somewhat of the real truth. If it turns out that many americans are in fact going to get screwed by obamacare, then I will be right in the antiobamacare camp.

Exactly how "many" Americans must get "screwed" by ObamaCare in order for it to falsify the president's promise that every American who liked his (or her) healthcare insurance could keep it--"period," as he (emphatically!) put it?