PDA

View Full Version : The Civilian And His Gun.

Philly Rabbit
11-04-2013, 12:53 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2a7x2dg.jpg

"What country before ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties, if it's rulers are not warned, from time to time, that its people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed, from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

- 1787 Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Colonel William S. Smith

No other symbol in America terrifies the tyrant more whether it be a criminal or despotic criminal government than the sight of an American civilian with a firearm. Nothing else symbolizes individual liberty more profoundly, no other image displays the moral courage and the self independence and self determination of a people than the sight of the common American citizen holding a firearm.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
It's why oppressive regimes like North Korea, China, Russia (the list goes on and on) adhere to strict gun restriction laws.

Guns and information.

Think about it.

Codename Section
11-04-2013, 01:10 PM
http://woody.typepad.com/files/gun_control_schindlers_list.jpg

exotix
11-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Nobody since the Shay Rebellionists layed down thier weapons then given back to them by the founding fathers as a compromise for the 2nd Amendment have Americans believed thier freedom & liberty was threatened ...

And this is why conservatism has assumed it's new identity as neo-confederates ... paranoia and lunacy that we're not slaves.

Codename Section
11-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Nobody since the Shay Rebellionists layed down thier weapons then given back to them by the founding fathers as a compromise for the 2nd Amendment have Americans believed thier freedom & liberty was threatened ...

And this is why conservatism has assumed it's new identity as neo-confederates ... paranoia and lunacy that we're not slaves.

Does your program have an "English" option? It would be nice if you used it.

exotix
11-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Does your program have an "English" option? It would be nice if you used it.

I like this one ...

No other symbol in America terrifies the tyrant more whether it be a criminal or despotic criminal government than the site of an American civilian with a firearm. Nothing else symbolizes individual liberty more profoundly, no other image displays the moral courage and the self independence and self determination of a people than the sight of the common American citizen holding a firearm.

The only despots & tyrants getting massacred with firearms are American men, women, children and kindergartners.

Alyosha
11-04-2013, 01:29 PM
The only despots & tyrants getting massacred with firearms are American men, women, children and kindergartners.

Quit talking shit about the police like that! I think it's illegal. At the very least it will get you on the DHS watch list.

Adelaide
11-04-2013, 01:52 PM
There are plenty of countries where tough firearms laws are viewed as normal, accepted and working. I don't think those laws would do any good in the United States; I think the US has a very different gun culture that works against attempts of gun control. It's a little bit funny how crazy Americans seem to get over gun control, example being the idea that liberals want to take all guns away, (which aside from a few extremists, I've never heard that argument made, ever). Personally, I support strict firearms legislation for my country but not for the US. Historically and culturally I understand why firearms are viewed as an important aspect of American freedom.

Philly Rabbit
11-04-2013, 02:03 PM
There are plenty of countries where tough firearms laws are viewed as normal, accepted and working. I don't think those laws would do any good in the United States; I think the US has a very different gun culture that works against attempts of gun control. It's a little bit funny how crazy Americans seem to get over gun control, example being the idea that liberals want to take all guns away, (which aside from a few extremists, I've never heard that argument made, ever). Personally, I support strict firearms legislation for my country but not for the US. Historically and culturally I understand why firearms are viewed as an important aspect of American freedom.

I think you said you were from Canada. From your very beginning your people have always held an obedience to government. In America, Americans have always held a resistance to government (pre European liberal invasion) This is where the firearms come in and the second amendment to the U.S. Constitution which was written by the founders to insure an armed citizenry.

America was founded by men with guns. Ordinary men, civilians which formed militias.

nic34
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
The 2nd is not for insurrection against the federal government....

Cthulhu
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Frankenfeinstein-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3DKuN2ey80

And they say people aren't trying to swipe American's weaponry?

Guffaw...

Codename Section
11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Good thing I sold all mine to a gypsy man a few years back.

Peter1469
11-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Good thing I sold all mine to a gypsy man a few years back.

I was home on vacation a while back and dropped mine in a bayou when my pirogue flipped over...

Adelaide
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
I think you said you were from Canada. From your very beginning your people have always held an obedience to government. In America, Americans have always held a resistance to government (pre European liberal invasion) This is where the firearms come in and the second amendment to the U.S. Constitution which was written by the founders to insure an armed citizenry.

America was founded by men with guns. Ordinary men, civilians which formed militias.

I don't think obedience is the right word. We're not in a state of being submissive to our government; our government works for us.

But I agree that the United States was founded on different principles. We never had a bloody war of independence. We never had a bloody revolution. We quietly became a sovereign county and our revolution was essentially a bar fight. It's drastically different, and reflected in our separate constitutions.