PDA

View Full Version : Situation Worsening For Murdoch

Conley
07-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Today's arrest of Rebekah Brooks, who was until Friday the chief executive of News International, represents perhaps the greatest failure to date in the Murdoch-controlled group's campaign for rehabilitating itself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14179390

Brooks was the highest 'ranking' non Murdoch family member and now she's been arrested...Rupert Murdoch and his son James are now expected to testify

MMC
07-17-2011, 01:03 PM
It's worse than that CL now the FBI is investigating if anything happened with 911 for the same kind of shit. Hinson stepped down from the Wall Street Journal and he was CEO of the Dow Jones. Murdoch will end up having to sell off all the Britsh stuff. Now he has to save the Wall Street Journal, Ny Post, and a couple of the Times Papers he has. Plus keep Fox News and the Studios' going.

Either way I think all will be affected once all of the Liberal Media starts droning on it within the repeat of 3 day news cycle.

Conley
07-17-2011, 01:13 PM
It's worse than that CL now the FBI is investigating if anything happened with 911 for the same kind of shit. Hinson stepped down from the Wall Street Journal and he was CEO of the Dow Jones. Murdoch will end up having to sell off all the Britsh stuff. Now he has to save the Wall Street Journal, Ny Post, and a couple of the Times Papers he has. Plus keep Fox News and the Studios' going.

Either way I think all will be affected once all of the Liberal Media starts droning on it within the repeat of 3 day news cycle.

Yeah I thought it was already proven that NewsCorp papers like News of The World got their hands on 911 cell phones and tried to bribe police as well. I don't know how much Murdoch would have known about this, probably not much, but his empire is really getting hurt. To me this seems like a more ethical / moral issue but I guess the laws that have been broken are considered sacrosanct. The government can feel free to spy on us for any reason with no repercussions, but if a private citizen does it then it's crime of the highest order apparently. Nice to know we still have some civil liberties, just wish that our government respected them as well!

Captain Obvious
07-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Creepy old rich men.

I'm guessing he's too rich to convict of anything.

Conley
07-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Creepy old rich men.

I'm guessing he's too rich to convict of anything.

Quite likely...someone from NewsCorp was quoted as saying the UK had just enough democracy left to go after them, as for America, it was a toss up...

Conley
07-19-2011, 10:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QTmdt.png

>:D >:D >:D

Juggernaut
07-20-2011, 04:40 AM

The lib media are hyping the story with too much empty rhetoric. The FBI is only doing a preliminary investigation. Thus far there's no physical proof that phones were hacked in the USA. I don't see this going very far till real evidence turns up. Others in the media have said the same, without search warrants they'll never get to the bottom of the UK story and by now if there's anything to be destroyed, its gone.

CNN's Pier's Morgan wrote a book sort of incriminating himself suggesting phone messages were accessed using security codes. Never hire a tabloid guy, it was dumb to put tabloid guy at the WSJ and then Dow Jones. Says a lot about Time Warner too. I think it also says other media companies get scoops in nefarious ways as well, not just tabloids. If they lose Morgan its no loss, he's an uptight boring talker who makes Larry King seem interesting.
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/07/cnns_piers_morgan_latest_in_ph.html

Les Hinton ran the New Int. division from 1995 thru 2005, in 2009 he testified to Parliament about phone hacking and walked away. This story affects aristocracy, politicians and on down the line. It won't go as far as liberals wish it would because the USA divisions are run differently. UK gov, Scotland yard and many wealthy players have ran this sleazy game for so long that it took only an actor and one tabloid jerk to break it down. US tabloids do the same thing, hacking is most likely how tabloids knew where John Edwards was and on which hotel floor and room number.

Also in the 1990's people could hear cell phone conversations on mid priced police scanners as could HAM radio operators. Encryption was a joke as was reception.

MMC
07-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Good post there Juggs.....yeah I heard that about the Radios issue as well. Plus it's not uncommon in the US for Reporters to get tips from the Police or others in Government as well.
Most think Murdoch will sell off the UK stuff now.....

I doubt they will get him on anything here. :)

Juggernaut
07-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Agreed cops here give away and sell information.

I'll also add that England has no single core constitutional document, parts are written by Parliament over time, the courts have written parts as well there are secret parts and unwritten portions and they can use anything against anyone anytime or anywhere. From what I've seen every who has celebrity status or greater has a file from birth as do their friends. This country has no soul from which its people govern from. Compare how nice London looks in comparison to other cities, London is a liberal social engineering dream. Tabloids and other media can thrive where no one cares for citizen rights like we do in the USA.

MMC
07-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Yep they are having a Field day with this in their parliament this morning. Not a good time for this to pop off after they admitted they were wrong on the hyper-inflation they are experincing. Which is after they raised the corporate tax. Plus selling off the London Stock Exchange to Deutsche Bank. Theri Media was being hit with what they were putting out there anyways.

Yet MSDNC and NBC will make sure this is a focus of attention for the liberal media.

Juggernaut
07-20-2011, 06:56 PM
No mention by Christy Matthews nor Al Sharptongue this evening. Myself and others countered with facts liberals would just soon forget. I'll start a new thread.