PDA

View Full Version : 20 Year old girl in handcuffs tasered and is now brain dead

Codename Section
11-06-2013, 09:01 PM
My buddy's a cop and he says he doesn't make protocol (I believe him) but that it comes from above and they have been told that unlike military policing they do not have to risk their safety. If they feel it is as risk they can use force they deem necessary.

The fleeing woman,
Danielle Maudsley, 20, suffered severe brain damage after hitting her
head on the concrete and has been in a persistent vegetative state ever
since.

The video shows Maudsley fleeing a back door of the substation with Cole following closely behind.

Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license.

Cole brought Maudsley to the substation to complete his paperwork
before taking her to the Pinellas County Jail, according to FHP reports.

As she enters the parking lot, Cole deploys his taser and Maudsley
hits the ground hard, with her head slamming into the asphalt.

“What were you thinking? What are you, stupid?,” Cole can be heard asking Maudsley on the video.

“I can’t get up,” said Maudsley.

“I don’t want you to get up,” said Cole.

“I can’t get up,” Maudsley said again. The last words Maudsley has spoken since being tasered.

On the video, Maudsley loses consciousness about two minutes after hitting her head.

Maudsley’s mother said the trooper should have used other means to stop her daughter from fleeing.

“He was right behind her. He could’ve reached out,” Maudsley said. “It was unnecessary.”

The mother hired defense attorney Kevin Haylsett, who put FHP on notice for a lawsuit.

Hayslett said Cole violated FHP’s taser policy which states:

“Fleeing cannot be the sole reason for the deployment.”

“When you shoot someone in the back, and they’re running away, all that
force — as you saw when Danielle’s head hit the concrete — that’s why
they don’t allow you to do that, because you can have horrible tragedies
like this,” Hayslett said.

Read More At http://www.getholistichealth.com/37980/cop-tasers-handcuffed-girl-and-now-she-is-braindead/

She's handcuffed so she could have been chased down, IMO. But what do y'all think. Do you think cops are going too far now? I think they should go back to the way it used to be.

Codename Section
11-06-2013, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYNVrR2Zl8&feature=youtu.be

Wow

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1391449_10151956577972445_1514280172_n.jpg

I can't talk. I had fun that would have cost me a stripe.

Dr. Who
11-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I think that inherent risk is a part of the job. Anyone who doesn't want inherent risk should stay away from policing as a career. On the one hand they should not have to unnecessarily risk their lives, on the other hand they do not have the right to unnecessarily imperil the lives of others. There is no possible excuse for tasering someone in handcuffs. The officer's life was not in any danger. In this instance the weapon was used for the sake of convenience and that is absolutely wrong.

Peter1469
11-06-2013, 10:23 PM
They should accept the risk. They are supposed to protect and serve, not cover their own asses.

TheInternet
11-06-2013, 11:13 PM
That cop should spend a long time behind bars. However, he will get extra vacation (paid leave) and put back on the job once people forget about it.

Codename Section
11-06-2013, 11:17 PM
I lied in my own poll. :D

I think when you are handed a weapon you know the score, that someone might fire one at you. If you can't accept that, don't do the job. You need to not hide when there are mass shooters, but then shoot old WWII vets and disabled people for holding plastic knives and felt tip pens.

Peter1469
11-06-2013, 11:32 PM

I think when you are handed a weapon you know the score, that someone might fire one at you. If you can't accept that, don't do the job. You need to not hide when there are mass shooters, but then shoot old WWII vets and disabled people for holding plastic knives and felt tip pens.

Right. That is what I said about combat in a thread a long time ago. I didn't pull the trigger for the sake of pulling the trigger. I took clean shots. Even when my position was being peppered with fire. But I was a team leader then. I guess if I was still the M240 gunner, my job would have been to suppress the enemy. Whatever.

Common
11-06-2013, 11:40 PM
They do and they always had risk but of course I dont expect anyone to believe that :)

Codename Section
11-06-2013, 11:43 PM
They do and they always had risk but of course I dont expect anyone to believe that :)

Right. You knew when you were a cop you could get hurt, right?

Dr. Who
11-06-2013, 11:48 PM

I'd go further. If police weapons are going to be primarily used on knife wielding confused mental patients or senile elderly people, and police don't have the requisite training to disarm someone not in possession of their faculties, they should be disarmed and learn martial arts, like the Japanese and simply have an elite cadre of officers with advanced weapons training. OK that's not totally serious, because there are far too many outliers, who may shoot police officers just because. Nevertheless police training needs to include the ability to disarm crazy people with knives and not panic at the sight of a pen knife or anything that resembles a sharp object.

Common
11-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Right. You knew when you were a cop you could get hurt, right?

Altogether different now, first of all there was a time cops had no body armor, then they had armor that a 38 could go through, cops were outgunned forever until recently. We ran around with 38 6 shot revolvers and the bad guys had it all.

There was no tasers no pepper spray, there was mace that didnt work at all if theyre was an psychological trauma going on, you could spray it till was pouring off their face and it had no affect.

Police work was alot more physical no tasers so you brought him down physically. There are a variety of ways cops get hurt on the job. Auto accidents, getting hit by vehicle, Its not just getting punched or shot.
I avoid these threads because nothing good ever comes out of them, those that want to hate all cops are going to do just that no matter what. :)

Dr. Who
11-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Altogether different now, first of all there was a time cops had no body armor, then they had armor that a 38 could go through, cops were outgunned forever until recently. We ran around with 38 6 shot revolvers and the bad guys had it all.

There was no tasers no pepper spray, there was mace that didnt work at all if theyre was an psychological trauma going on, you could spray it till was pouring off their face and it had no affect.

Police work was alot more physical no tasers so you brought him down physically. There are a variety of ways cops get hurt on the job. Auto accidents, getting hit by vehicle, Its not just getting punched or shot.
I avoid these threads because nothing good ever comes out of them, those that want to hate all cops are going to do just that no matter what. :)

Common, I don't hate cops, but I do think that too many innocents are now dying at the hands of cops because they are so fearful and undertrained.

GrassrootsConservative
11-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Ugh. What a fucked up story. That thud when her head hits the concrete... oh man...

Take the cop's badge away and lock him up, he can come out again if she ever wakes up.

That would be my punishment. Not that I think he'd ever learn. What an ass.

fyrenza
11-07-2013, 04:06 AM
That cop should spend a long time behind bars. However, he will get extra vacation (paid leave) and put back on the job once people forget about it.

Moan-day sound about right to you? Cripes.

Will it even take that long?

fyrenza
11-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Ugh. What a fucked up story. That thud when her head hits the concrete... oh man...

Take the cop's badge away and lock him up, he can come out again if she ever wakes up.

That would be my punishment. Not that I think he'd ever learn. What an ass.

NO. no, No, NO!!!

If THAT's what we're dealing with, in the way of "police protection?"

No thanx. I'll just provide my own.

fyrenza
11-07-2013, 04:13 AM
Talk about your taxation without representation ...

Libs? Are you paying attention?

You pussies will be the FIRST to go down, with your smarmy pacifism.

Score one for the Alphas.

pffft