PDA

View Full Version : Holder Claims Fast and Furious Investigation Politically Motivated

Conley
02-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Attorney General Eric Holder vigorously denied a "cover-up" by the Justice Department over "Operation Fast and Furious," telling a House panel investigating the botched gun-running program that he has nothing to hide and suggesting the probe is a "political" effort to embarrass the administration.

"There's no attempt at any kind of cover-up," Holder told lawmakers well into a hearing about whether he had been forthright in responding to requests of the House Oversight and Government Relations Committee led by Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif.

"We're not going to be hiding behind any kind of privileges or anything," he said.

The hearing came after Issa and Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, his Senate partner in the probe, asserted that top Justice officials are covering up events surrounding the flawed gun-smuggling probe.

Issa made the accusation in a letter threatening to seek a contempt of Congress ruling against Holder for failing to turn over congressionally subpoenaed documents that were created after problems with Fast and Furious came to light.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/02/holder-says-no-one-punished-yet-during-testimony-on-controversial-fast-and/#ixzz1lGJx22Ds

So Holder just ignores subpoenaed documents, denies there's any wrong doing, and says the investigation is politically motivated. If there's no cause for a cover-up why not come clean? Smells rotten to me.

Mister D
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Yepper. Come clean then.

MMC
02-02-2012, 04:40 PM
That means Holder would have to Open up some of the DEA records and just exactly how much money they actually do have. Including all assets. As well as highlighting the US play with the Cartels and the Mexican Government.

Although it is not Holders fault that the Cartels are making up 12% of Mexico's GDP.

Pendragon
02-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Actually I must correct you good sir. It is precisely because of the United States' War on Drugs that Mexico has such a thriving export business.

Conley
02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Mexico is to blame for Mexico's problems. Funny how that works.

MMC
02-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Actually I must correct you good sir. It is precisely because of the United States' War on Drugs that Mexico has such a thriving export business.

Did you consider the end that comes out of South America? Afghanistan and the Orient. That those suppliers would make sure that the conduit to those that want the consumption would remain open and backed by other foreign interests with regards to Mexico and their Government.

totemi
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Good point. It doesn't originate in Mexico.

Conley
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Totes! :shocked:

MMC
02-02-2012, 05:37 PM
What did they say that Afghanistan held how much of the Opium trade throughout the world? Opium, poppies, Heroin trade. White China. Mexican Mud!

Colombia's chief export is what? Bolivia's is what? Peru's is what? All associated with Arms trade and with governments all throughout Central America knowing that specific intel.

Point is without our War on Drugs this would take place anyways. Without question.

Conley
02-02-2012, 05:39 PM
People would still do drugs but it wouldn't be so lucrative for the dealers IMO.

MMC
02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Why not they are all involved in the exports thru their governments one way or another.

Still Holder does seem to hold that air of Superioity as if none know the Law better than he does when it comes to the Constitution. Still he knew with Obama it was suppose to be all about transparency.....yet we are learning there is much not being transparent at all under this Administration.

Which by the way happens when one delegates responsibilites thru others and outsourcing decision making.

Conley
02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
It's just like prohibition. Driving that stuff underground makes it more expensive and more profitable for the criminals. If you could buy marijuana at your local pharmacy or from the farmers' market it would be a lot cheaper.

MMC
02-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah there still exists the problem with who would go and buy some Mexican weed when they could buy the best in the world. That would be like buying some ditchweed, total commercialization of the product that doesn't work.

Conley
02-02-2012, 06:45 PM
So you agree then?

MMC
02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
For the issue of mary-jane.....I don't have a problem with it. It's like tobacco people can grow their own. Which it is only really a problem here in the US. That doesn't address opium, herion, and methamphetmine. Moreover you said it would drive the prices down.

Conley
02-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Yeah heroin and meth are deadly. To include pot in that group is just stupid. That's our federal government!

MMC
02-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Look at Hawaii or Pananma even Jamaica. You dont even have to buy it you can walk around and get it for free. Light it right there. But now try and take it out of the country. Or that state.

Mister D
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah heroin and meth are deadly. To include pot in that group is just stupid. That's our federal government!

Meth seems like it would not be pleasant at all. I tried heroin twice (powder, no needles) and I thought it was great but it's one of those things where you know it's not something you want to do even occasionally.

Mister D
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Look at Hawaii or Pananma even Jamaica. You dont even have to buy it you can walk around and get it for free. Light it right there. But now try and take it out of the country. Or that state.

HI? Really? Wow.

MMC
02-02-2012, 09:18 PM
HI? Really? Wow.

Yep specially Puna Buds they grow all over the place there. Or at least they use to. Then there is Kona Gold and then The Rolls Royce of Reefers. Maui Wowie! Uhm thats what I read in a High Times magazine. :rollseyes: :wink:

wingrider
02-03-2012, 12:40 AM
lets go to hawaii and get high..

MMC
02-03-2012, 07:39 AM
lets go to hawaii and get high..

:laugh: Islands made of Volcanoes.....be my luck to head out there and get trapped on an Island with a Volcano that suddenly decided to blow its top. Course when there is nothing one can do.....I would just make sure I am downwind of those fields that lite up. :tongue: