PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Bombs in CO

patrickt
11-07-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure why Mayor Bloomberg of NY is concerned about Colorado other than having too much disposable income, a sin for liberals, but he has a tad less now.

"DENVER — The biggest loser in this year’s Colorado election cycle may have been New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg.

Colorado voters kicked the mayor to the curb at the ballot box again, rejecting a proposed statewide income-tax hike backed by Mr. Bloomberg just two months after ushering out two Democratic state senators who supported his gun-control agenda.Mr. Bloomberg sunk $1 million into the $10 million campaign for Amendment 66, a proposed $1 billion tax increase to fund K-12 education. Despite an enormous spending advantage — opponents of the ballot measure only raised about $20,000 — Amendment 66 lost by a whopping 66 percent to 34 percent.
The lopsided defeat comes after Mr. Bloomberg was unable to save Democratic state Sens. Angela Giron and John Morse in the Sept. 10 recall election, even though both Democrats enjoyed a huge funding edge, thanks in part to a $350,000 donation from the mayor.
To top it all off, voters in the town of Telluride, Colo., doused a proposal Tuesday to add an excise tax to sales of sugary soda pop. After gun control, the mayor may be best known for his fight to limit consumption of sugary soft drinks.Mr. Bloomberg can’t say he wasn’t warned."http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/6/colorado-voters-hand-bloomberg-another-setback/#ixzz2jy84wNDw

Some in Colorado suggested the mayor's involvement, and money, hurt the proposals he supported more then it helped.

Alyosha
11-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Well, he bought Virginia for McAuliffe, I guess he'll have to get another state with government $$ in it. He's planning on being Dictator some day.

Common
11-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Well, he bought Virginia for McAuliffe, I guess he'll have to get another state with government $$ in it. He's planning on being Dictator some day.

ALoysha cmon now youre forgetting about the Koch brothers and the Simon Adelsens and their pacs pouring hundreds of millions into "OTHER" states like florida right now for rick scott, they have pledged to send in 40 million for his relection.

I personally cant stand bloomberg hes a cocky callous full of himself rich guy Oh just like ted cruze, only bloomberg has some real experience

patrickt
11-07-2013, 10:16 AM
ALoysha cmon now youre forgetting about the Koch brothers and the Simon Adelsens and their pacs pouring hundreds of millions into "OTHER" states like florida right now for rick scott, they have pledged to send in 40 million for his relection.

I personally cant stand bloomberg hes a cocky callous full of himself rich guy Oh just like ted cruze, only bloomberg has some real experience

That is a truly pitiful non-response. I'm sure you feel better though.

Common
11-07-2013, 11:02 AM
That is a truly pitiful non-response. I'm sure you feel better though.

Its only a non response to someone who always has the same pitiful response and the same rote memorized retorts. Unimpressive