PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: In Historic Vote, Senate Passes ENDA

Cigar
11-07-2013, 02:29 PM
In an historic vote not taken since 1996, the U.S. Senate just voted on and passed ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. Only a simple majority of “ayes” were needed to pass the bill.

Republicans voting for the bill included Senators McCain, Flake, Toomey, Portman, Hatch, Ayotte, Murkowski, and Collins.

Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio were among those voting no.

Just after noon today, Senators defeated the Toomey Amendment, which would have vastly increased the number and types of businesses exempt from ENDA, greatly weakening the legislation. That vote was 55-43.

Read more: http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/breaking-in-historic-vote-senate-passes-enda/politics/2013/11/07/78279#.Unvny424n7A

Obama's Resume is getting longer ... :laugh:

TheInternet
11-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Its weird to me that government intrusion into private enterprise is considered a success.

I'll never get it.

Codename needs to give me some of his Obama juice, then maybe I'll get in line.

AmazonTania
11-07-2013, 02:35 PM
If it's anything like Lilly Ledbetter, we all know what the outcome of this legislation will be:

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fredgraph.png?g=o8E

Gee, thanks for that...

Cigar
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Its weird to me that government intrusion into private enterprise is considered a success.

I'll never get it.

Codename needs to give me some of his Obama juice, then maybe I'll get in line.

In every Private Organization, you'll mostly find Employment Non-Discrimination Information on a board ... is that a problem for anyone here?

Is there anyone on this Forums feel there's a reason for Discrimination?

Please tell me who on this Forum gets hurt for having a Non-Discrimination Law?

TheInternet
11-07-2013, 02:45 PM
In every Private Organization, you'll mostly find Employment Non-Discrimination Information on a board ... is that a problem for anyone here?

Is there anyone on this Forums feel there's a reason for Discrimination?

Please tell me who on this Forum gets hurt for having a Non-Discrimination Law?

Bc in an effort to be "fair" and show they are hiring the "protected classes" others get passed by, despite the fact they are sometimes more qualified.

So, to answer your question, any straight person is harmed by this law. Any business owner that has more hoops to jump through is hurt by this law. Any business owner that has to deal with a BS discrimination lawsuit is hurt by this law.

Any more questions?

Alyosha
11-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Who on this board is hurt by war or spying? Who on this board is hurt by the Drug War? It's just more government force.

There are homophobes who won't like it because its about the gays and would have no problem with an act like this for Christians, but I don't like government force.

I also think it will hurt gays because they will never have the opportunity to know that they are working for a homophobe and make an informed choice of where they work.

They could labor for years for someone who calls them a buttfucker behind their back.

Unintended consequences. You guys think you can force goodness and you can't.

Whatevs. You guys want force. You guys want force.