PDA

View Full Version : Hello to the forum

The Wash
11-09-2013, 04:36 PM
That cat Grassroots told me I should introduce myself.

I am a dude in my late twenties who works in private security. My political beliefs are that the system is a sham and that it is up to everyone who knows it to free others with the power of their words and convictions.

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Good to have you here.

oceanloverOH
11-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Said before and said again: Welcome, The Wash.....looking forward to getting to know you!

The Xl
11-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome

The Wash
11-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Thank you for the welcome. I enjoy having political conversations.

Dr. Who
11-09-2013, 04:48 PM
I think it's fair to say that a large number of us here are not mainstream in our politics, whether right or left of center. In that respect we agree that corporatism or crony capitalism is destroying the country and that government is its voluntary instrument. So welcome aboard. I look forward to your adding your voice to the conversation.

The Wash
11-09-2013, 04:51 PM
I think it's fair to say that a large number of us here are not mainstream in our politics, whether right or left of center. In that respect we agree that corporatism or crony capitalism is destroying the country and that government is its voluntary instrument. So welcome aboard. I look forward to your adding your voice to the conversation.

This is the truth. At this point in the game I'm more interested in finding a solution to the problem that I've identified.

Dr. Who
11-09-2013, 05:01 PM
This is the truth. At this point in the game I'm more interested in finding a solution to the problem that I've identified.

Getting people to lift the veil of patriotism long enough to see that they are being played is part of the solution. No?

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Getting people to lift the veil of patriotism long enough to see that they are being played is part of the solution. No?

Patriotism has little to do with it.

Loyalty to your country, always. Loyalty to your government, when it deserves it.
-Mark Twain

The Wash
11-09-2013, 05:07 PM

I believe it is, but we also need to find some way of injecting energy into people. People know that things are wrong. They just think its someone else's job to fix it. That's why we end up with these cats in government.

Codename Section
11-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Welcome devil dog.

AmazonTania
11-09-2013, 05:54 PM
How dare you call the system a sham...

Dr. Who
11-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Patriotism has little to do with it.

Loyalty to your country, always. Loyalty to your government, when it deserves it.
-Mark Twain

They use patriotism to blind people to what is really happening. Loyalty to the country, your state and your family is always right. Blind patriotism is a problem. It stops the people from seeing the truth, because they don't want to believe that there are any agendas in play that have nothing whatsoever to do with the health and well being of the country or the people. In fact it puts them in harms way. Not just the members of the military on the ground, but all of the citizens of the country by turning America into the focus of hatred. Eisenhower talked about the military industrial complex imbedding themselves into the government. They have. They ensure a market for their wares by controlling the government and by creating wars where none are required. By doing so they engender and sow the seeds of hatred with the promise of revenge in a macabre self-fulfilling prophecy. Patriotism is the tool that they use to sell it to the public. They buy acquiescence with hollow refrains of Freedom, while milking the country for every penny it has and every penny it will ever have for the next 40 years. That kind of debt does not buy Freedom, it buys servitude and deprivation.

The Wash
11-09-2013, 06:05 PM
They use patriotism to blind people to what is really happening. Loyalty to the country, your state and your family is always right. Blind patriotism is a problem. It stops the people from seeing the truth, because they don't want to believe that there are any agendas in play that have nothing whatsoever to do with the health and well being of the country or the people. In fact it puts them in harms way. Not just the members of the military on the ground, but all of the citizens of the country by turning America into the focus of hatred. Eisenhower talked about the military industrial complex imbedding themselves into the government. They have. They ensure a market for their wares by controlling the government and by creating wars where none are required. By doing so they engender and sow the seeds of hatred with the promise of revenge in a macabre self-fulfilling prophecy. Patriotism is the tool that they use to sell it to the public. They buy acquiescence with hollow refrains of Freedom, while milking the country for every penny it has and every penny it will ever have for the next 40 years. That kind of debt does not buy Freedom, it buys servitude and deprivation.

http://www.deepgreenphilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/power-fist.gif

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2013, 06:05 PM
I can agree with that.

/Edit: Hey The Wash I hope you stick around to the weekdays. We have this one poster here named Cigar I would love for you to debate him and his unending worship of Obama.

AmazonTania
11-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Cigar debates?

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Cigar debates?

Oh please, AT. You know what I mean. :rollseyes:

The Wash
11-09-2013, 06:15 PM
I can agree with that.

/Edit: Hey @The Wash (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=906) I hope you stick around to the weekdays. We have this one poster here named Cigar I would love for you to debate him and his unending worship of Obama.

He still plugged in?

GrassrootsConservative
11-09-2013, 06:17 PM
He still plugged in?

Nah he only comes on during week-day working hours.

Adelaide
11-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the forum.

KC
11-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome The Wash

I do not believe a solution is possible so long as the political class is motivated by their own interests. Not to say there aren't solutions; they exist but will not be implemented.

fyrenza
11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
@The Wash :

http://www.bealog.net/uploads/images/welcome-glitter-pictures-011.gif

Peter1469
11-09-2013, 08:16 PM
That cat Grassroots told me I should introduce myself.

I am a dude in my late twenties who works in private security. My political beliefs are that the system is a sham and that it is up to everyone who knows it to free others with the power of their words and convictions.

I said welcome earlier, refer back to that post.

Happy to have you on board.

Green Arrow
11-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Welcome, sir! I like you already :D

Venus
11-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Welcome

The Wash
11-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks everyone

Captain Obvious
11-09-2013, 10:15 PM