PDA

View Full Version : US consumer spending slows to 0.2 percent gain in September; income rises 0.5 percent

Professor Peabody
11-12-2013, 03:22 AM
US consumer spending slows to 0.2 percent gain in September; income rises 0.5 percent

Published November 08, 2013
Associated Press

WASHINGTON – U.S. consumers slowed their spending in September, even as overall income grew at solid pace for the second straight month.

The Commerce Department says consumer spending rose 0.2 percent in September, after at 0.3 percent gain the previous month. Americans cut spending on long-lasting manufactured goods 1.3 percent. That partly reflected a drop in auto sales. Labor Day weekend auto sales were counted in August.

Income rose 0.5 percent in September, matching the August gain. The increases in both months were the strongest since February. September's gain was helped by the end of government furloughs, which had reduced federal pay in the previous two months.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/08/us-consumer-spending-slows-to-02-percent-gain-in-september-income-rises-05/

Wow! The Obamanomics economy has raise wages by a whole half of a percent? Dang Obama's economy is really kicking ass now ain't it? Oh that right....it's not, sorry! By the time Nov 2014 rolls around and we are still in the Democrat/Obamanomics stagnant malaise, hopefully we ALL will have had enough of that.

Dave Barry said it succinctly "I wouldn't trust the Democrats with a Cuisinart let alone the economy."

fyrenza
11-12-2013, 05:07 AM
The sad truth of the matter is that a lot of us have family to give to for Christmas,
and we want FAB gifts for those we love,
but we still think those gifts cost money, so we're being careful of it.

Why can't it be an apple,
that, as I pushed cloves into,
I thought/prayed of and for you?

It isn't "the thought," anymore, it doesn't seem.

To PROVE how much you love/like me,
you must SPEND for me,
like THAT is some measure.

What about my words?
What about my prayers, for you?
What about what my hands would gladly do, for you?

¿Bueno por nada?

Professor Peabody
11-12-2013, 03:59 PM
As of Sept the unemployment rate in my county of SoCal is 10.8%

killianr1
11-12-2013, 04:03 PM
According to the AP Obama's approval rating on the economy is up to 25%. Wow!