PDA

View Full Version : News of the World Whistleblower Found Dead

Conley
07-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbiz reporter who was the first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead, the Guardian has learned.

Hoare, who worked on the Sun and the News of the World with Coulson before being dismissed for drink and drugs problems, is said to have been found dead at his Watford home.

Hertfordshire police would not confirm his identity, but the force said in a statement: "At 10.40am today [Monday 18 July] police were called to Langley Road, Watford, following the concerns for the welfare of a man who lives at an address on the street. Upon police and ambulance arrival at a property, the body of a man was found. The man was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained, but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/18/news-of-the-world-sean-hoare

Not sure what to think...the guy had substance abuse problems, pretty easy to fake an OD and get away with murder when that is the case. I've probably watched too much TV though.

freecell
07-18-2011, 06:46 PM
You never know these days.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 07:01 PM
These are the sort of circumstances that give rise to plausible conspiracy theories.

Conley
07-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Not sure how the police can say the death is unexplained but not thought to be suspicious.

How does that work?

Something like this would make me want to think twice before testifying, I know that.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Not sure how the police can say the death is unexplained but not thought to be suspicious.

How does that work?

Something like this would make me want to think twice before testifying, I know that.

Yeah, right. That is kind of weird. Unexplained deaths are suspicious by their very nature, no?

MMC
07-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Interesting.....a person who has a history, not only with personal issues, but with work related issues. To much TV, D.....I think not. Perception is the name of the game.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Interesting.....a person who has a history, not only with personal issues, but with work related issues. To much TV, D.....I think not. Perception is the name of the game.

Well, yeah, that's just it. It's plausible enough and the circumstances are highly suspicious. No doubt the perception is that this death is a suspicious one.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 08:51 PM
The article says nothing about cause of death. I'm sure there will more on this tomorrow.

Conley
07-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Kind of like Vince Foster...on one hand I think no one would dare commit murder under such circumstances, but on the other it sure seems like when there are suspicious deaths like these they get buried in the news very quickly.

Conley
07-18-2011, 08:52 PM
The article says nothing about cause of death. I'm sure there will more on this tomorrow.

yes, although in cases where there is not obvious trauma then the autopsy can take weeks, especially toxicology

MMC
07-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Well now that this will enter the Maigical Realm of America.....don't be surprised if we see some more suspicions left out there to speculate on. Especially when a reporter is all in bed with politicians and the cops.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 08:54 PM

yes, although in cases where there is not obvious trauma then the autopsy can take weeks, especially toxicology

Ah, I see. I usually don't get into this stuff but now my curiosity has been piqued. A sudden overdose would be highly suspicious...

Mister D
07-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Kind of like Vince Foster...on one hand I think no one would dare commit murder under such circumstances, but on the other it sure seems like when there are suspicious deaths like these they get buried in the news very quickly.

Good analogy. It would be incredibly brazen to engage in foul play in the midst of the controversy but you never know. Perhaps there were parties to this that have nothing to lose by being so bold. The speculation could be endless.

MMC
07-18-2011, 09:21 PM
With the British????? You sure you don't want to be the one to put up the pic of the Keystone Cops? >:D lol

Tea? Number one......Earl Grey did you say Holmes? >:D

Mister D
07-18-2011, 09:30 PM
With the British????? You sure you don't want to be the one to put up the pic of the Keystone Cops? >:D lol

Tea? Number one......Earl Grey did you say Holmes? >:D

;D

Conley
07-18-2011, 09:48 PM

Good analogy. It would be incredibly brazen to engage in foul play in the midst of the controversy but you never know. Perhaps there were parties to this that have nothing to lose by being so bold. The speculation could be endless.

Yeah...both Clinton and Murdoch have shown they will do anything to bury skeletons...lawsuits, bribes, huge out of court settlements, etc. At some point murder probably becomes an option. NewsCorp paid over $500M a couple of years ago to settle with another company. Men have been killed over far less.

MMC
07-18-2011, 11:08 PM

Yeah...both Clinton and Murdoch have shown they will do anything to bury skeletons...lawsuits, bribes, huge out of court settlements, etc. At some point murder probably becomes an option. NewsCorp paid over $500M a couple of years ago to settle with another company. Men have been killed over far less.

Especially when having to clean up loose ends. kinda like killing two birds with one stone.....eh?

Conley
07-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Maybe so, maybe so...

wingrider
07-18-2011, 11:47 PM
if they would get Abby from NCIS on the case they would have the cause in less than an hour...oops.. now I know I watch to many crime drama shows

MMC
07-19-2011, 12:33 AM
;D Guess they Can't get Columbo anymore..... >:D

Juggernaut
07-20-2011, 05:45 AM

How does that work?

That how cops say it when they don't want to get in trouble for speculating when rich people are part of a bigger story. He could have died from an aneurism. If someone killed him it will be hard to tie to the company since his any victim could have done it as easily as hitman using an exotic or synthetic toxin. The Prime Minister is tied in since he hired a tabloid publisher (dumb or had no choice too?) of this so in theory MI5 could have taken out the whistle blower to protect Cameron or any Royal working in government. Russia's Putin was accused of poisoning a spy with a radioactive isotope a while back, he died slow.