PDA

View Full Version : Obama Will Veto Bill to Fix...

patrickt
11-15-2013, 06:36 AM
his Obamacare lies.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama would veto a bill sponsored by a Republican congressman that would allow insurers to offer healthcare plans slated to be canceled because they do not meet the new U.S. healthcare law's standards, the White House said on Thursday."
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-obama-veto-republican-healthcare-bill-025437223--sector.html

There are two major problems with that bill. One is, it's legal. I don't understand how the malignant usurper who thinks he's a king can wave a magic wand and change a law written by Democrats in Congress. It isn't an "administrative" matter that can be altered by "administrative fiat" even by the wannabee King. It's a law and just because he signed the bill into law doesn't mean he gets to rewrite it as he pleases.

The second problem is a bill sponsored by Republicans, for anything, can not be passed by Democrats. It can't even be voted on in the Senate. It's what the left calls bipartisan politics.

So, instead of a bill and a law we get a promise from the King of, "If you like you non-qualifying insurance policy you can keep it until after the congressional election, period."

What's the old saying? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Wait, we passed twice with the last election. Whatever.

Captain Obvious
11-15-2013, 06:55 AM
And how is this news?

A bill giving insurers the option to extend unqualified plans basically through 2015 just passed

patrickt
11-15-2013, 06:57 AM
I don't know, Captain Oblivious. Do you have a link to the bill that passed at 6 a.m.?

Captain Obvious
11-15-2013, 07:01 AM
http://m.npr.org/news/front/245175851?start=5

See ya in church

Agravan
11-15-2013, 07:03 AM

See ya in church
That was not a bill, Captain. That was a decree.

Captain Obvious
11-15-2013, 07:04 AM

Whatever.

Just try to keep up.

Agravan
11-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Whatever.

Just try to keep up.
Which means, it's not legal. He can't re-write law on the fly like that.

patrickt
11-15-2013, 07:09 AM

See ya in church

Not likely. Even if I were a deist I'm sure we wouldn't go to the same church. And, Oblivious, don't you know the difference between a promise from President Obama and a bill passed into law? I realize it's a distinction that the king and his minions want to ignore.

Even Gov. Howard "I hate all Republicans" Dean wonders how the king can do this.

"Former Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean questioned whether President Obama has the "legal authority" to carry out the Obamacare fix the White House outlined today:

“I wonder if he has the legal authority to do this, since this was a congressional bill that set this up,” said Dean of Obama's proposed fix. "
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/howard-dean-i-wonder-if-obama-has-legal-authority-do_767096.html

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 07:18 AM
What do you need laws for when you have Obamalini? I would like to know by what authority Obama can simply by fiat change a law that was legally passed by his Congress? I realize all he need do is tell the extremely ethical Holder to not enforce the law but that is not a real fix is it?

Common
11-15-2013, 07:40 AM
loololol I guess all the right wing enthusiasts here somehow believe that Democrats should just jump at the chance to pass a bill written by "guess who" house republicans who have stone walled every single thing since this congress started.
Obama announced the same thing thats in their bill and there are things that the right wing <gasp? stuck in there that democrats oppose. So I guess you will just have to buy new hankies and live with the veto

Cigar
11-15-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm kinda curious, who on this Forum has and wants and insurance plan that's has, a high monthly bill, high deductible, no prescription coverage, no doctors visit and no hospital coverage?

Just wondering if there really are people who desire that rather than something that covers more and cost less. :huh:

Captain Obvious
11-15-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm kinda curious, who on this Forum has and wants and insurance plan that's has, a high monthly bill, high deductible, no prescription coverage, no doctors visit and no hospital coverage?

Just wondering if there really are people who desire that rather than something that covers more and cost less. :huh:

Well, I went from having a fairly low deductible plan that covered docs visits, prescriptions, hospital coverage to a very high deductible plan covering basically the same thing.

Like many and maybe most currently covered Americans, I lost coverage.

People like you just aren't smart enough to understand it. You're getting screwed with your pants on.

Captain Obvious
11-15-2013, 07:49 AM
loololol I guess all the right wing enthusiasts here somehow believe that Democrats should just jump at the chance to pass a bill written by "guess who" house republicans who have stone walled every single thing since this congress started.
Obama announced the same thing thats in their bill and there are things that the right wing <gasp? stuck in there that democrats oppose. So I guess you will just have to buy new hankies and live with the veto

Basically.

I don't see this as news given what I posted. Why would anyone expect that bill to be considered to pass at this point?

Total non-issue.

Cigar
11-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Well, I went from having a fairly low deductible plan that covered docs visits, prescriptions, hospital coverage to a very high deductible plan covering basically the same thing.

Like many and maybe most currently covered Americans, I lost coverage.

People like you just aren't smart enough to understand it. You're getting screwed with your pants on.

Then after you looked at ObamaCare, what do you have? :huh:

Cigar
11-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Basically.

I don't see this as news given what I posted. Why would anyone expect that bill to be considered to pass at this point?

Total non-issue.

Because a fraction of 5% isn't a majority.

Once again -
80% is not affected
15% didn't have insurance
5% are in the open market getting Fucked by the Insurance Companies

Remember; Ronald Regan made it illegal for Hospitals to not service Emergency Room Visits.

Captain Obvious
11-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Then after you looked at ObamaCare, what do you have? :huh:

I have whatever that plan offers at a monthly cost for family coverage. The plan I'm on is my company plan which is provided at little monthly cost to me. What is changing on that plan is I lost coverage. Increased out-of-pocket costs means I'm paying more for my services.

I'm not a big user of healthcare services, we rarely use benefits. If/when that changes it will be much more expensive for me now than it would have been before the ACA.

Cigar
11-15-2013, 07:57 AM
I have whatever that plan offers at a monthly cost for family coverage. The plan I'm on is my company plan which is provided at little monthly cost to me. What is changing on that plan is I lost coverage. Increased out-of-pocket costs means I'm paying more for my services.

I'm not a big user of healthcare services, we rarely use benefits. If/when that changes it will be much more expensive for me now than it would have been before the ACA.

Just as I thought, your Insurance went up, just like it's done for the last 15 years. What you described has happen every years for over a decade.

What does ObamaCare have to do with YOUR Employers Rates going up each year for the last 15 years?

jillian
11-15-2013, 07:58 AM
his Obamacare lies.

why wouldn't he veto a bill that is only intended to do what the rabid right has failed to in a supreme court case, 42 failed votes and a giant extortionate temper tantrum?

and let us know when his so called lies lead to two wars of choice and thousands dead.

we'll wait.

Captain Obvious
11-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Just as I thought, your Insurance went up, just like it's done for the last 15 years. What you described has happen every years for over a decade.

What does ObamaCare have to do with YOUR Employers Rates going up each year for the last 15 years?

Dude - do you understand English? I never said that.

My deductibles went up - the old plan that I was under for years is no longer available and a similar one was not offered by the carrier (blue cross), the only options we were given were high and even higher out-of-pocket plans. We didn't have the option to retain our current deductibles/co-insurance.

So we took the higher out-of-pocket plan and will phase into the even higher plan over the next 2 years.

Prior to that nothing increased in this plan for years. No cost increases, no out-of-pocket increases. In fact, it's steadily added coverage up until now.

What the hell is wrong with you, I can't possibly dumb this down any further in order for you to understand.

Common
11-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Basically.

Total non-issue.

Its not a non issue when the right can make big hay out of something. Losing your health coverage over obamacare sucks and people have every right to be furious over it because they were told in no uncertain terms that it would not happen. Then wham they get smacked with it.

I said I would give it to the first of the year before I make final judgement and I will, but I doubt its going to be cleaned up by then.
Temporary bandaids is not going to fix this monster that is going to effect the entire country in one way or another. The goal was noble give decent medical care to the millions that dont have it but its writing and exectution have been a disgrace.

Sebillius should step up and resign immediately and in her resignation speech declare, I was in charge of rollout and I totally utterly completely screwed this up.

Got news for the democrats, if they allow this disaster to keep going on and keep trying to defend it, they are going to go right down the tubes. Independent voters who have great disdain for teaparty types dont like this new law the way it is one bit and because its law that dislike is never going away.

Obama needs to wake up and realize bandaids aint fixing this thing, its going to make it worse he has 3yrs left in office and he cant kick the can that far and he cant make it to the end to lay it on someone else.
Democrats OWN this and they need to either scrap it or pull it off the shelf entirely and re do it. I dont see it working the way it is.

patrickt
11-15-2013, 08:03 AM

I don't, Cigar, and that is, of course, another distraction. I wonder who on this forum want a government decreed insurance policy that will cover you for things you have absolutely no use for and for which you will pay more than twice what you've been paying? Of course, that would be a silly ass distraction, too, wouldn't it?

patrickt
11-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Basically.

Total non-issue.

Congratulations. You're as good as President Obama at avoiding the issue to keep from having to say a simple, "Oops!" President Obama assured us he never said we could keep our insurance policies if we liked them and you're saying you didn't confuse a legislative bill and a royal decree. Whatever.

Cigar
11-15-2013, 08:06 AM

My deductibles went up - the old plan that I was under for years is no longer available and a similar one was not offered by the carrier (blue cross), the only options we were given were high and even higher out-of-pocket plans. We didn't have the option to retain our current deductibles/co-insurance.

So we took the higher out-of-pocket plan and will phase into the even higher plan over the next 2 years.

Prior to that nothing increased in this plan for years. No cost increases, no out-of-pocket increases. In fact, it's steadily added coverage up until now.

What the hell is wrong with you, I can't possibly dumb this down any further in order for you to understand.

You're not explaining how YOUR Free Market Insurance Carrier making changes to "their" Free Market Plans to YOUR Employer has to do with the open enrollment of The ACA. Yes or No, did YOU compare YOUR Employers Plan with what options The ACA has?

Cigar
11-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Congratulations. You're as good as President Obama at avoiding the issue to keep from having to say a simple, "Oops!" President Obama assured us he never said we could keep our insurance policies if we liked them and you're saying you didn't confuse a legislative bill and a royal decree. Whatever.

He should have said; Ooops, we had not idea idiots would what to keep Bull Shit Insurance.

Therefore, anyone who want Shit and now continue eating Shit.

Congratulations: They Won Shit.

Codename Section
11-15-2013, 08:24 AM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1454615_427521264037122_1797456584_n.jpg

Ransom
11-15-2013, 08:36 AM
why wouldn't he veto a bill that is only intended to do what the rabid right has failed to in a supreme court case, 42 failed votes and a giant extortionate temper tantrum?

and let us know when his so called lies lead to two wars of choice and thousands dead.

we'll wait.

While you wait, why not read? There are 60,000 US troops in Afghanistan today, as a result of a surge implemented by President Obama. Engaging policies of occupation, nation-building, and imperialism.
He remained in Iraq until December 2011. Has kept the Gitmo facility open, has the same policies for detainees, continued and expanded the Patriot and Surveillance Acts, has been directly and indirectly involved in unseating regimes in Libya and Egypt resulting in instability and terror attacks on Americans.

Bush has Authorizations from Congress while most of this Administration was in the Congress, Obama himself vited to fund the Iraq war....in other words facilitated in Iraq and never changed the Bush policies once he became President. In fact, he used the same exact personnel in his Afghan surge that Bush had been using in Iraq, Obama ending up firing Stanley, the military apparently the only part of his administration he holds accountable.

Bush is your deflection and attempted distraction, Jillian, but your stumbling talking points never tell the truth, you're a bomb thrower. Try to stick to the topic and understand the current Obama lies are blowing up in his face, you rats may want to scurry off the ship while it's above water.

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 08:58 AM
OK, I'll ask this again. The ACA is law. It has certain provisions in the law. The results of some of those provisions is that insurance companies were no longer legally able to offer certain policies so they cancelled those policies to comply with the law as written. A million people lost their insurance coverage as a result. Now, Obama tells us we don't have to worry about the law and that the insurance companies can continue coverage if they want. How can Obama simply say well, that part of the law doesn't count? What if 6 months from now Obama once again says, I never said that, and starts indicting insurance companies under the law. Why would he want to veto a provision that he says he wants to do in the first place. I don't really understand. Can one of our resident Obama supporters explain this? How can Obama simply nullify a portion of the law?

Codename Section
11-15-2013, 09:01 AM
He can't legally nullify it unless we want to fundamentally change the nation. Democrats will allow it though because most of them gave up their minds and souls and will say "baby Bush started a war so Obam can do whatever he wants without criticism"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn8Emf0qWBk&amp;feature=youtu.be

"The president cannot change the law, cannot change the terms of
the law, cannot change the date at which the law begins unless Congress
and the courts are willing to look the other way," Judge Napolitano
said on today's Shepard Smith Reporting.

The president's decision opens the law up to another challenge before the Supreme Court.

Napolitano pointed out that the president frequently takes action without
Congressional approval, citing the bombing of Libya. "The more changes
the president does, the more Congress looks the other way, the more the
fabric of the nation is assaulted," Napolitano said.

exotix
11-15-2013, 09:07 AM

It's an obscure notion known as *Sense of the Executive Branch* or *Sense of the Presidency* ... here we have a course change ...

This never exists in conservatism ... say for instance Bushs' *Stay the Course* of genocide & holocaust ... to todays tea party ... stay the course of utter insanity where the likes of Ted Cruz is either asleep or on camera as his own constituency is waving pitchforks and torches at 'em ..

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 09:11 AM
It's an obscure notion known as *Sense of the Executive Branch* or *Sense of the Presidency* ... here we have a course change ...

This never exists in conservatism ... say for instance Bushs' *Stay the Course* of genocide & holocaust ... to todays tea party ... stay the course of utter insanity where the likes of Ted Cruz is either asleep or on camera as his own constituency is waving pitchforks and torches at 'em ..

"Stay the course" is the same thing as "Ignore the Law"?????????????

You amaze me sometimes about how asinine you can be.

exotix
11-15-2013, 09:18 AM

Sure ... it's like conservatives ignoring massacres of men, women, children and kindergartners simply by pretending the rhetoric of the 2nd Amendment doesn't exist ... (the NRA has never and will never state) ...

*A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State ... *

Codename Section
11-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Sure ... it's like conservatives ignoring massacres of men, women, children and kindergartners simply by pretending the rhetoric of the 2nd Amendment doesn't exist ... (the NRA has never and will never state) ...

*A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State ... *

I think the US should divide up into three nations a blue nation where they get everything they want, a red nation, and a libertarian nation. It's time. It can be an amicable divorce, no war. We're past that, plus the UN would be against it. Let's just party ways and you guys get what you want. We can have treaties between all of us in case of invasion, but let's do this.

You hate us, we hate you...spare the children the agony of watching the parents squabble.

exotix
11-15-2013, 09:25 AM
I think the US should divide up into three nations a blue nation where they get everything they want, a red nation, and a libertarian nation. It's time. It can be an amicable divorce, no war. We're past that, plus the UN would be against it. Let's just party ways and you guys get what you want. We can have treaties between all of us in case of invasion, but let's do this.

You hate us, we hate you...spare the children the agony of watching the parents squabble.

This is called nullification by the confederacy to wage war ... as I remember you lost that war and where freedom & liberty *burned 'ol Dixie down* so you couldn't ever do it again.

Cigar
11-15-2013, 09:25 AM

... and this is the first time Blue Cross ever done this?

What's your complaint?

Are you the first to have this done?

What EXACTLY is unique about this situation?

Common
11-15-2013, 09:26 AM
That just destroys the country like it has others. Ill be dead before it happens but if this continues its going to get real ugly and violent and the ones promoting this the most may be the ones that in the end like it the least.

This online vitriolic bullshit is just that.

Cigar
11-15-2013, 09:27 AM
I don't, Cigar, and that is, of course, another distraction. I wonder who on this forum want a government decreed insurance policy that will cover you for things you have absolutely no use for and for which you will pay more than twice what you've been paying? Of course, that would be a silly ass distraction, too, wouldn't it?

What insurance coverage do you have no use for?

Cigar
11-15-2013, 09:28 AM

Ok ... you have my permission ... it's your assignment.

Let us know when you're done.

Codename Section
11-15-2013, 09:31 AM
This is called nullification by the confederacy to wage war ... as I remember you lost that war and where freedom & liberty *burned 'ol Dixie down* so you couldn't ever do it again.

We live in 2013. Read the UN Charter we signed and then look up human rights laws. People have a right to create their own state peacefully and we acknowledged it and signed on.

True, for other countries and we're hypocrites, but just the same we can do it peacefully and no one has to have hard feelings.

Codename Section
11-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Ok ... you have my permission ... it's your assignment.

Let us know when you're done.

I will get right on that!

exotix
11-15-2013, 09:39 AM
We live in 2013. Read the UN Charter we signed and then look up human rights laws. People have a right to create their own state peacefully and we acknowledged it and signed on.

True, for other countries and we're hypocrites, but just the same we can do it peacefully and no one has to have hard feelings.
The Executive Branch is bound by the constitution to unleash sanctions against any state that secedes from the union ...

This is why they don't and why you make-up your own interpretations of the law by inventing *a new order* where roving bands of hillbillies with AR-15's actually bring thier own tots to a shopping mall to teach them how to lay-in-wait in a parking lot for some moms to come out of resteraunt ..

Codename Section
11-15-2013, 09:45 AM
The Executive Branch is bound by the constitution to unleash sanctions against any state that secedes from the union ...

It's bound by a lot of things and doesn't stick to it or overrides it. Why should this be any different?

This is why they don't and why you make-up your own interpretations of the law by inventing *a new order* where roving bands of hillbillies with AR-15's actually bring thier own tots to a shopping mall to teach them how to lay-in-wait in a parking lot for some moms to come out of resteraunt ..

Dude, obviously you don't agree with the UN and would have kept the breakaway states a part of the Soviet Union forever. So sad that you don't believe in human rights and dignity.

Captain Obvious
11-15-2013, 09:49 AM
... and this is the first time Blue Cross ever done this?

What's your complaint?

Are you the first to have this done?

What EXACTLY is unique about this situation?

Go back to sleep.

Agravan
11-15-2013, 09:51 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Dn2E0cMNpGU/TzxejA2Zx9I/AAAAAAAAEnI/NI2bqi6qvsM/s1600/looney_left1_1.jpg

Ransom
11-15-2013, 09:52 AM
What insurance coverage do you have no use for?

Obamacare, why?

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Can anyone tell me what part of the Constitution binds the Executive Branch to unleash sanctions against breakaway states?

Ransom
11-15-2013, 10:00 AM

Obama has decreased the national debt(ohdtnd), what up?

exotix
11-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Obama has decreased the national debt(ohdtnd), what up?

See the Ballad of Obamacare here ~ http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/18786-Typical-LIberal-Bullshit-Blame-Fox-News!?p=423923&viewfull=1#post423923

http://i41.tinypic.com/wvoltf.gif

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Mark my words. When the shit hits the fan and those who have lost their insurance are told there isn't time to change back to the old system the response from the White House and the parrots around these boards will try to put the blame squarely on the insurance companies. "Hey, we told them they didn't have to cancel you but they did anyway" and the low information voter will bow down at the chopping block of Obamaism.

exotix
11-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Mark my words. When the shit hits the fan and those who have lost their insurance are told there isn't time to change back to the old system the response from the White House and the parrots around these boards will try to put the blame squarely on the insurance companies. "Hey, we told them they didn't have to cancel you but they did anyway" and the low information voter will bow down at the chopping block of Obamaism.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iznltt.jpg

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 10:35 AM
More meaningless drivel from the most meaningless poster in the known universe.

exotix
11-15-2013, 10:38 AM
More meaningless drivel from the most meaningless poster in the known universe.

Romneycare enrollment in first month ~ 123

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show

http://i41.tinypic.com/14alhjp.png

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 10:41 AM
More drivel

Cigar
11-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Romneycare enrollment in first month ~ 123

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show

http://i41.tinypic.com/14alhjp.png

How soon they Forget :wink:

Cigar
11-15-2013, 10:43 AM
More drivel

Auto-Deny

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 11:31 AM
How soon they Forget :wink:
Even more drivel

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Auto-Deny
More more more drivel

Ransom
11-15-2013, 04:51 PM
See the Ballad of Obamacare here ~ http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/18786-Typical-LIberal-Bullshit-Blame-Fox-News!?p=423923&viewfull=1#post423923

http://i41.tinypic.com/wvoltf.gif

Is that a link to the national debt numbers during Obama's presidency, the ones you claim are decreasing?

patrickt
11-15-2013, 05:50 PM
House passed the bill to help those the Democrats lied to and which President Obama has promised--that's funny, isn't it--to veto. The bill passed the House with 39 Democrat votes. At last, bipartisan support for something.

"On Friday, the House of Representatives approved legislation sponsored by Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI) that would allow insurers to continue to offer policies on the individual market. The vote was 261-157. Thirty-nine Democrats voted for the Upton Amendment, which is an indication the Democrat united front on Obamacare is cracking. ObamaCare largely eliminates the individual market and forces those policy holders into the health exchanges. On Thursday, Obama proposed extending the individual market for one year. The Upton bill would not only let existing policies continue, but insurers could sell individual policies to new customers. The White House has vowed to veto Upton's bill if it reaches the President's desk."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/15/House-Passes-Upton-Fix-for-ObamaCare

"Senate Democrats do not expect to vote on the ObamaCare fix the House approved on Friday with 39 Democratic votes, according to a senior Democratic aide.The aide said there is not any pressure on the Senate Democratic leadership to bring the legislation sponsored by Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.) to the floor.

“There is a difference between constructive fixes designed to improve the law and bills that would gut it,” said the senior Democratic aide. “The Upton bill is the latter.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/190431-senate-wont-bring-upton-fix-to-floor

Of course, there is also a difference in reforms to improve our health care system and a government takeover for the sole purpose of reducing our healthcare options and increasing the tyranny in Washington. What we have now is clearly the latter.

Matty
11-15-2013, 05:53 PM
House passed the bill to help those the Democrats lied to and which President Obama has promised--that's funny, isn't it--to veto. The bill passed the House with 39 Democrat votes. At last, bipartisan support for something.

"On Friday, the House of Representatives approved legislation sponsored by Rep. Fred Upton (R-MI) that would allow insurers to continue to offer policies on the individual market. The vote was 261-157. Thirty-nine Democrats voted for the Upton Amendment, which is an indication the Democrat united front on Obamacare is cracking. ObamaCare largely eliminates the individual market and forces those policy holders into the health exchanges. On Thursday, Obama proposed extending the individual market for one year. The Upton bill would not only let existing policies continue, but insurers could sell individual policies to new customers. The White House has vowed to veto Upton's bill if it reaches the President's desk."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/15/House-Passes-Upton-Fix-for-ObamaCare

Harry Reid won't bring it up for a vote in the Senate. Nope he won't. Cause he's chickens hit.

nathanbforrest45
11-15-2013, 06:07 PM
I think the Republicans are making a major mistake by trying to add to what Obama has said he wanted. If the Congress gives Obama exactly what he has asked for, not more, not less, then when it continues to fail the failure will be 100% Obama's. As it is he will veto the bill and claim its the Republicans are trying to keep people from getting insurance.

fyrenza
11-15-2013, 09:02 PM

It's the abject STUPIDITY that <cough> "amazes" me,

and when I say "amazed?"

I mean it in the most horrifying way imaginable.