PDA

View Full Version : Forum request

Ravi
11-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Can we have a "today's posts" button? The what's new is good and my favorite but sometimes I sign on after an absence and there are four pages of posts that I don't have time to look at. Logging off clears them all away so they pretty much get lost in the forum and I end up missing some interesting topics.

I don't want the "what's new" replaced but it would be great to have both.

Muchas gracious in advance.

zelmo1234
11-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Not a bad idea, Good job!

countryboy
11-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Isn't how the, "new posts" button works?

Why do you log off each time? Why not use "remember me?

Ravi
11-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Isn't how the, "new posts" button works? No

Why do you log off each time? Why not use "remember me?
That wouldn't work either as I use different computers at different times.

Chris
11-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Simply open any sub-forum. The left-hand column lists last date each thread was posted in. It even labels today's with "Today" and yesterday's with "Yesterday." Easy as pie.

Ravi
11-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Simply open any sub-forum. The left-hand column lists last date each thread was posted in. It even labels today's with "Today" and yesterday's with "Yesterday." Easy as pie.I wasn't asking you, but thanks anyway.

Chris
11-18-2013, 09:30 AM
I wasn't asking you, but thanks anyway.

Better yet, just type snarky in the search box and you'll find yourself.

countryboy
11-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah, that last post motivated me to finally put her on ignore. Plus, that goofy avatar drives me crazy.

I tried just that for shits-n-giggles. Ha! It works! LMFAO! http://thepoliticalforums.com/search.php?searchid=670908

bladimz
11-18-2013, 02:24 PM

A clear example of posting in bad faith.
Unacceptable.

zelmo1234
11-18-2013, 02:32 PM
A clear example of posting in bad faith.
Unacceptable.

And the post that he was responding to?????? Oh! I forgot she is a liberal so it is OK!

Chris
11-18-2013, 02:35 PM
And the post that he was responding to?????? Oh! I forgot she is a liberal so it is OK!

Don't complain, it'll only get you in trouble. Not worth it. :-)

Ravi
11-18-2013, 02:38 PM

Not to derail my thread because I really would like what I described in the OP, but what did you find objectionable about my post? Chris gave some information that wasn't helpful and I thanked him anyway. I wasn't asking him as he has no power to grant such a request.

He trolled my thread, basically.

Chris
11-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Not to derail my thread because I really would like what I described in the OP, but what did you find objectionable about my post? Chris gave some information that wasn't helpful and I thanked him anyway. I wasn't asking him as he has no power to grant such a request.

He trolled my thread, basically.

What bullshit, ravi, no one trolled your thread, I gave you directions to accomplish what you wanted and you replied with your usual snarkiness, and I called you on it.

Ravi
11-18-2013, 03:06 PM
That doesn't accomplish what I want. A "today's posts" button would accomplish what I want. Every other forum I've ever posted on has one.

Chris
11-18-2013, 03:10 PM
That doesn't accomplish what I want. A "today's posts" button would accomplish what I want. Every other forum I've ever posted on has one.

It does accomplish what you want. It lists the top as "Today". It would make do while your proposal was considered. Don't be so snarky all the time.

Ravi
11-18-2013, 03:21 PM
It does accomplish what you want. It lists the top as "Today". It would make do while your proposal was considered. Don't be so snarky all the time.
No it doesn't. Why are you continuing to post in bad faith? Please refrain from posting any more in this thread. Thanks.

Chris
11-18-2013, 03:35 PM
No it doesn't. Why are you continuing to post in bad faith? Please refrain from posting any more in this thread. Thanks.

It does do what you want:

http://i.snag.gy/CKilq.jpg

I suggest you stop trolling your own thread, ravi.