PDA

View Full Version : President Obama Should Never Apologize for Passing Obamacare

Cigar
11-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Obama’s taken responsibility for HealthCare.gov and apologized to those who got cancellation notices. But he should never be sorry for passing a law to bring us affordable health care.

It’s true what they say: Barack Obama does not relish the game of politics. Don’t get me wrong—as the first president in more than five decades to win more than 51 percent of the vote twice, he understands how the game is played. The man knows how to read a poll, and he is certainly not immune to the very human disappointment one must feel when the numbers show that a majority of your fellow citizens personally disapprove of you and the job that you’re doing.

But Obama did not run for elected office because he needed to be loved. He has his family and friends for that, and he lacks the insecurity that lies just beneath the healthy egos of so many politicians. This president does not crave constant affirmation, which means he does not engage easily in the backslapping and glad-handling and forced emoting that comes so naturally to other elected officials.

The flip side of this character trait is Obama is more likely than most to make decisions that reflect the courage of his convictions. Yes, the president has said and done things aimed at improving his own political fortunes, as well as the fortunes of his party. He is neither pure nor perfect, and as I said, he understands how the game is played.

But he opposed the war in Iraq at a time when most every Democrat with national ambitions lined up in support. Obama was the candidate who responded to the wildly offensive rants of his former pastor with an incredibly risky, nuanced, honest discussion about race relations in the midst of a heated campaign to become the nation’s first black president.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11/18/president-obama-should-never-apologize-for-passing-obamacare.html

Common
11-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Umm wrong, he needs to apologize for how he allowed it to pass and not knowing what the hell was in the law. He needs to apologize for inadvertently lieing and misleading the entire nation on them being able to keep their health plan. He needs to apologize for not assuring the people he had in place to set up the roll out of obamacare were doing their job and he needs to apologize for keeping sebellius.

No one can just shoo this cluster under the rug and no one can make any excuses for it anymore. Everyone including obama needs to live with the reality that the damn law is a mess.

In his defense it was that idiot Pelosi that did this to him, obama was clueless as to what was being put in that bill and so was pelosi and everyone else. To Obama he was doing something noble and trying to pass a law to give as many americans as possible decent health care. Ok I get that, what I dont get is why no one was overseeing getting this massive sucker organized they had two years cigar. Cant put shade on this failure. Its a failure on many levels and can it be fixed ? Who the hell knows at this point.

Captain Obvious
11-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Why would the O'bama's constituents hold him accountable?

Clearly liberalism has no accountability.

Common
11-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Oh yeah and the teaparty right does, imagine that

Cigar
11-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Umm wrong, he needs to apologize for how he allowed it to pass and not knowing what the hell was in the law. He needs to apologize for inadvertently lieing and misleading the entire nation on them being able to keep their health plan. He needs to apologize for not assuring the people he had in place to set up the roll out of obamacare were doing their job and he needs to apologize for keeping sebellius.

No one can just shoo this cluster under the rug and no one can make any excuses for it anymore. Everyone including obama needs to live with the reality that the damn law is a mess.

In his defense it was that idiot Pelosi that did this to him, obama was clueless as to what was being put in that bill and so was pelosi and everyone else. To Obama he was doing something noble and trying to pass a law to give as many americans as possible decent health care. Ok I get that, what I dont get is why no one was overseeing getting this massive sucker organized they had two years cigar. Cant put shade on this failure. Its a failure on many levels and can it be fixed ? Who the hell knows at this point.

The President apologized for inadvertently misleading a micro-fraction of the 5% of people who can afford to overpay to be under insured. He corrected that by allowing individuals who would like to overpay to be under insured.

Problem Solved

Cigar
11-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Why would the O'bama's constituents hold him accountable?

Clearly liberalism has no accountability.

Exactly ... 99% of the public has no desire to overpay to be under insured.

Trust me, I know of NO Obama supporters who wants to overpay to be under insured.

That appears to be a partition position; and that position apparnetly is bent-over and highly receptive.

Common
11-18-2013, 09:31 AM
It doesnt matter how many he mislead cigar, hes the president of the united states and you dont get in front of the country and tell even one american what turns out to be a lie, even if it wasnt an intentional lie and it was out of not knowing. He is looked to as he should know.

Obamacare is a huge mess period there is no covering for that anymore, the question is can it be fixed and if can be physically fixed can it be fixed in the current political climate. I say no, the republicans arent going to "HELP" obama get out of this, they arent going to lift a finger to make this program work, nor would the democrats if it were reversed.

You need to stop trying to defend the indefensible cigar it only makes it worse.

Cigar
11-18-2013, 09:39 AM
It doesnt matter how many he mislead cigar, hes the president of the united states and you dont get in front of the country and tell even one american what turns out to be a lie, even if it wasnt an intentional lie and it was out of not knowing. He is looked to as he should know.

Obamacare is a huge mess period there is no covering for that anymore, the question is can it be fixed and if can be physically fixed can it be fixed in the current political climate. I say no, the republicans arent going to "HELP" obama get out of this, they arent going to lift a finger to make this program work, nor would the democrats if it were reversed.

You need to stop trying to defend the indefensible cigar it only makes it worse.

Trust me ... when it comes to a President miss-leading the American public ... I'll take Obama misspeaking about people who like to overpay for less insurance than a President miss leading the American public about a WAR.

Name me one (1) American Citizen who has DIED because of ObamaCare .... Name One (1); and Obama has FIXED the problem with people wanting to overpay to be under insured.

keymanjim
11-18-2013, 09:42 AM
You're absolutely right, ciggy. Your obama shouldn't apologize for this fiasco. Both he and every democrat that voted for it should sing from the highest rooftop that they voted for it and it's working EXACTLY they way they intended.

That'll go over great in the midterms.

Captain Obvious
11-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Trust me ... when it comes to a President miss-leading the American public ... I'll take Obama misspeaking about people who like to overpay for less insurance than a President miss leading the American public about a WAR.

Name me one (1) American Citizen who has DIED because of ObamaCare .... Name One (1); and Obama has FIXED the problem with people wanting to overpay to be under insured.

So the criteria for success/failure is life/death?

Meh... nah.

Statistically there probably are a few people who have died over this. Law of small numbers concept. Ask Chris - he'll give you the textbook definition but no real life application.

You should ask the question though, "who has (or is going to be) harmed by this" and the answer is all of us.

Common
11-18-2013, 09:44 AM
If you want to discuss bush we can do that, but were discussing the thread you started on Obama right now the two are not one and the same.

Bush is not president and the war now belongs to obama cigar, its been 5 yrs.

I am for covering all americans with healthcare, WE PAY through the nose for it and we always have.
We pay many times more for charity care at hospitals then we ever would giving americans a basic health plan.
The hospitals dont want universal health coverage they would LOSE BILLIONS, insurance industry doesnt want it. Doctors dont want it and its all about MONEY and the money they will lose.
Amazing isnt it that huge industries make tons more money because millions of americans have no health insurance

Here it is in a nutshell Im for covering all americans and obama tried to do that but I and you have to admit he screwed it all up and its HE screwed it up because hes the man that signed the law hes where the buck stops, hes the one in charge. You cant change that cigar.

countryboy
11-18-2013, 09:46 AM
I agree. In fact, He needs to continue to beat the drum about just how NOT SORRY He is.

Cigar
11-18-2013, 09:49 AM
You're absolutely right, ciggy. Your obama shouldn't apologize for this fiasco. Both he and every democrat that voted for it should sing from the highest rooftop that they voted for it and it's working EXACTLY they way they intended.

That'll go over great in the midterms.

Yep ... I agree ... but most Democratic Politicians don't have the spine.

I'm just dieing to see the First Republican Politician to take away an American Citizen's Health Care after they already have it.

It's going to a historic event.

Libhater
11-18-2013, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=Cigar;427035]Obama’s taken responsibility for HealthCare.gov and apologized to those who got cancellation notices. But he should never be sorry for passing a law to bring us affordable health care.

He probably won't have to apologize for his royal screw up(s) since he'll either be resigning or getting impeached before too many feel the total wrath of his boondoggle.

Cigar
11-18-2013, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=Cigar;427035]Obama’s taken responsibility for HealthCare.gov and apologized to those who got cancellation notices. But he should never be sorry for passing a law to bring us affordable health care.

He probably won't have to apologize for his royal screw up(s) since he'll either be resigning or getting impeached before too many feel the total wrath of his boondoggle.

Go ahead, make a bold prediction.

Then stay with it. :laugh:

Alyosha
11-18-2013, 10:09 AM
It was a pretty shitty healthcare solution but not unexpected given the corporate deep dicking that has occurred in Washington. Color me not surprised that they would dance with them what brung um.

keymanjim
11-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Yep ... I agree ... but most Democratic Politicians don't have the spine.

I'm just dieing to see the First Republican Politician to take away an American Citizen's Health Care after they already have it.

It's going to a historic event.

What will be historic is if someone finds a doctor to provide that healthcare.
Dispite your ignorance, obamacare doesn't do anything to provide healthcare. Quite the opposite. It makes it harder for doctors to provide healthcare and easier for the IRS to tax you for it.

Common
11-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Whats most dispicable about the republican thing is they keep telling us LET the health industry and market solve health care. The rail against big govt health care like ACA and they are full of SHIT because.

Its big GOVT thats been giving the hospital and medical community in general BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS everyear and the lobby and donate to their favorite politician who is BIG GOVT to keep their gravy train rolling right along and who pays for it taxpayers me and you thats who.
I dont buy the koolaid.

HCA largest private hospital corporation in america STOLE untold billions from american taxpayers in charity care and false medicare and medicaid charges for millions of patients they never saw they paid an Historic 13 billion dollar fine no one went to prison no one lost their job and rick scott was the CEO in charge.

I dont buy the koolaid when all the facts in front of me are iced tea

Cigar
11-18-2013, 11:21 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/131118-the-gops-long-term-obamacare-problem-in-a-nutshell.jpg

patrickt
11-18-2013, 05:05 PM
But, should her apologize for lying repeatedly? He didn't pass Obamacare. Rep. Pelosi and Sen. Reid did that. They were both insufferable but President Obama is the one who greased the skids with lies. Should he apologize for that?

arold10
11-18-2013, 07:11 PM
The President apologized for inadvertently misleading a micro-fraction of the 5% of people who can afford to overpay to be under insured. He corrected that by allowing individuals who would like to overpay to be under insured.

Problem Solved

No, he did not mislead them inadvertently. NBCNEWS had published a report which indicates that president was aware of the fact that people will end up losing their insurance under his plan, since 2010. Despite of that the president kept on reinforcing that bogus assurance which is "If you like you current plan, you can keep it". To me he intentionally misled people or he lied to the american people.

countryboy
11-18-2013, 07:14 PM
no, he did not mislead them inadvertently. Nbcnews had published a report which indicates that president was aware of the fact that people will end up losing their insurance under his plan, since 2010. Despite of that the president kept on reinforcing that bogus assurance which is "if you like you current plan, you can keep it". To me he intentionally misled people or he lied to the american people.
[/thread]