PDA

View Full Version : Signatures and Moderators

The Sage of Main Street
11-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Why did you take away our Signatures? Why do you no longer identify Moderators when they post?

Are we allowed to write in our Signatures?

Captain Obvious
11-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Great point - and avatars are funny now, most of the time they don't show up.

I thought maybe that was a slow connection but I've noticed it now on multiple computers.

Captain Obvious
11-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Wait - now it's there.

How odd.

KC
11-18-2013, 03:22 PM
You may have "Hide Postbits" selected. The Hide/Show Postbits button is next to the Thanks.

Captain Obvious
11-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Now it's gone

Captain Obvious
Now it's back

Captain Obvious
OK - KC , that postbit thing did it.

I must have accidentally hit it somewhere along the line.

KC
11-18-2013, 03:26 PM
OK - @KC (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=423) , that postbit thing did it.

I must have accidentally hit it somewhere along the line.

If you use a touch screen phone or touchpad on a laptop it's easy to mistakenly hit it when you're scrolling through the posts.

Captain Obvious
11-18-2013, 03:27 PM
If you use a touch screen phone or touchpad on a laptop it's easy to mistakenly hit it when you're scrolling through the posts.

I hope that explains why posts aren't marked as "read" on my droid lately.

Thanks

GrassrootsConservative
11-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Great point - and avatars are funny now, most of the time they don't show up.

I thought maybe that was a slow connection but I've noticed it now on multiple computers.

Who here has a funny avatar?

Adelaide
11-18-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm starting to think this is a bad feature because there have been like half a dozen inquiries where people think the site is malfunctioning but the post bits have just been accidentally hidden by the user.

KC
11-18-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm starting to think this is a bad feature because there have been like half a dozen inquiries where people think the site is malfunctioning but the post bits have just been accidentally hidden by the user.

Yeah, but I know a few users like it. It does look less cluttered and put a focus on the content of people's posts.

Chris
11-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Yeah, but I know a few users like it. It does look less cluttered and put a focus on the content of people's posts.

Exactly.

GrassrootsConservative
11-18-2013, 03:37 PM

I like everything displayed, and I think the "openness" of the normal layout looks great and less intimidating to read.

But, obviously I don't have a problem with people having the choice between viewing the forum with postbits or without postbits.

Green Arrow
11-18-2013, 03:47 PM

Ugh, you have no idea. I all but stopped posting on my phone because I'd go to hit the "Thanks" or rep button or just be scrolling by and accidentally hit "Report Post" or "Hide Postbits." Annoying as crap.

KC
11-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Ugh, you have no idea. I all but stopped posting on my phone because I'd go to hit the "Thanks" or rep button or just be scrolling by and accidentally hit "Report Post" or "Hide Postbits." Annoying as crap.

Haha I used to have the same problem with my iPod touch. I think I may have mistakenly reported a few that way.

Chris
11-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Down toward the bottom of each page is a drop down for style. Try the Mobile Style on a cellphone or iPod or such. It's pretty clean.

The Sage of Main Street
11-19-2013, 05:11 PM
You may have "Hide Postbits" selected. The Hide/Show Postbits button is next to the Thanks.

I just tried it on my OP and it didn't work. I'll try it on this Reply. But for the last two days it started out with Hide Postbits.

The Sage of Main Street
11-19-2013, 05:13 PM
I just tried it on my OP and it didn't work. I'll try it on this Reply. But for the last two days it started out with Hide Postbits.

OK, it worked. But why does everybody start out now with postbits hidden? That's new.

The Sage of Main Street
11-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Who here has a funny avatar?

Is that what Muttophobe Mitt's dog looked like after being taken for a ride?

The Sage of Main Street
11-19-2013, 05:18 PM

Your avatar is what Muttophobe Mitt's dog looked like before being taken for a ride.