PDA

View Full Version : Why Christian Conservatives Are The Most Dangerous

Pendragon
02-07-2012, 05:15 PM
- They do not want the government to tell them what to do, however they do want the church to tell others what to do.

- They claim to be pro-life, however in most cases they are in favor of the death penalty.

- They don't want contraceptives to be used, but they do want to outlaw abortions.

- They want unfit parents to have offspring they can't afford, but want to cut the funding to programs that help those very same people.

Frightening, is it not?

MMC
02-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Now you know why they were never Republicans in the first place!!!!! :wink:

Peter1469
02-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Why equate pro-life with the death penalty?

You see no difference between killing a sinless fetus or killing a person convicted of a capital offense?

BTW, I am against capital punishment for advances nations; it is needed for unadvanced nations.

MMC
02-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Can't stand for life if one stands for death in any other ideaology. At least not as ringing true with righteousness.

I to am against the death penalty. It is not the states right to give mercy or not. It falls upon those who were afflicted.

Chris
02-07-2012, 06:42 PM
- They do not want the government to tell them what to do, however they do want the church to tell others what to do....

What I see is Christians divided between those who want government out of our lives and those who want government to control our lives.

I'll name Ron Paul, Sarah Palin as two who while they are against abortion and gay marriage and such, they do not advocate federal control over these issues but prefer them to be decided by the states and society. I'll name Santorum, Obama as the epitome of the social con and social lib who seeks federal government control over these social issues.

Clawhammer
02-07-2012, 07:57 PM
- They do not want the government to tell them what to do, however they do want the church to tell others what to do.

- They claim to be pro-life, however in most cases they are in favor of the death penalty.

- They don't want contraceptives to be used, but they do want to outlaw abortions.

- They want unfit parents to have offspring they can't afford, but want to cut the funding to programs that help those very same people.

Frightening, is it not?

Most dangerous what?

I basically agree with the points you make (except for abortion bein' ok) and have had some tense discussions with people I go to church with over some of these topics. But to call the people you refer to as dangerous?

Dangerous would be the confused idiot that thinks Christ wants him to bomb an abortion clinic. Or the morons who think that Christ supports hanging a black man for dating a white woman.

The people you are talkin' 'bout are not dangerous. They just forget the basic principles of Christianity. They forget that Christ wanted us to love one another and forgive each other. They forget that He will take care of the judging of others.

Funny thing is that since I became a Christian and began following the teachings of Christ, I have become more and more Liberal than before. I was a Conservative veteran and former policeman. Now, I am a Compassionate Christian. I no longer support the death penalty. I now think that those who are fortunate and have more than they need have a duty to help others who are less fortunate. I believe that this nation's government was founded on people being equal and having inalienable rights given to them by God. (also know as Free Will)

God will not hold me responsible for what others do. I am responsible to God for my own sins. I can try to help others find their way but they will have to answer for themselves. More "Christians" need to remember that important point.

roadmaster
02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Ok I guess I am one of those frightening ones you talk about.:cool2:
Government has no right to tell me if they pass a law saying it’s against what the Bible says that I have to accept it. I have freedom of Religion and am free to believe. Second I am the Church a building is not.

I am pro-life for innocent ones but in case of rape, incest, or the woman’s health it should be her decision. She will have to live with it.
I am not against contraceptives . Unfit and people who can’t afford children have been having them for years even when I was young. Many of these children grew up to be well known people and I think all people have a purpose in life. I am for helping those who help themselves. If they are trying then by all means help the family.

Last but not least the death penalty. I have been on both sides from my famous kin serial killer to a best friend that was raped, shot in the head and thrown in a dumpster by three men. I know how it feels to love and adore a guy I grew up with to be called a monster. Never knew that side of him and he was a charming southern man. None got the death penalty but I will not lie, I would have voted for all to receive it.

Conley
02-07-2012, 10:58 PM
I've kept silent regarding this thread (some would say it's a habit I should practice more often :grin:). There's a lot you've shared and I don't want to respond too hastily, but I did want to applaud you for being honest and for dealing with the issues as a thinking, rational, and spiritual person. In my humble opinion there is no definitive right or wrong for some of these topics but the more intelligent among us can evaluate situations as they develop. Thinking in absolute terms is a sign of a simple mind, and any contemplative person would admit a lot depends on circumstances. Having said that, there is also a respect that must be given for courage in one's convictions no matter the cause.

roadmaster
02-07-2012, 11:14 PM
And thing more I would like to add. I never stopped loving my cousin. I hated what they said he did.

wingrider
02-08-2012, 12:29 AM

Frightening, is it not?

where to start with this.

1. No we don't want the government telling us what to do when it comes to worship and our beliefs in Christ. the first amendment tells us that

The Free Exercise Clause prohibits the government from interfering with a person’s practice of his or her religion. , we know that all people are sinners including us and it is only by the Grace of God that we are forgiven of those sins, now if you would like to discuss the difference in what Christians do compared to what muslims do then we can discuss who is the more dangerous, if a christian talks to you about faith he will use words and if you don't want to join us then that is your choice it is called free will, if you don't want to convert to the muslim faith they will just kill you. period.

2 please learn the difference between an unborn child that is totally innocent, and a person who commits horrendous acts of aggression against his fellow human beings, comparing an unborn baby to a serial killer or a rapist/ murderer is ludicrous.

3. this depends on which branch of Christianity you are talking about, Catholics are the ones who don't believe in the use of contraceptives, most protestants could care less about the issue, again with the abortion issue? Abortion is the murder of
an inncocent child that cannot defend themselves.

4. people have been having babies whether they can " afford" them or not for centuries, if you think only those people who can " afford" children should be allowed to have them well ,,, that is just wrong on so many levels it is impossible to describe. sound like something that George orwell would have written about.

no what is frightening is having a mindset that complains about the flaws they see in others but refuse to see the intolerance in there own beliefs.

MMC
02-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Good post Wing Commander! :wink:

Mister D
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM
What was the point of this thread?

Mister D
02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I mean there are less obnoxious ways to start a discussion about your prejudices, Pen.

Alias
02-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Frightening, is it not?

Tell us the name of the church that forced you to attend and believe what they believe.

A human fetus is innocent life and deserves a chance at life. The murderer has been give a chance at life and has made a choice to take a life. This is not that hard to understand unless you're indoctrinated.

Give us the names of the conservatives who want poor people to have children they can't afford.

Peter1469
02-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Can't stand for life if one stands for death in any other ideaology. At least not as ringing true with righteousness.

I to am against the death penalty. It is not the states right to give mercy or not. It falls upon those who were afflicted.

Yes you can. You can stand for the principle that no person is killed unjustly. No sane person can say that any fetus deserves death (the pro-death crowd has to claim that a fetus is not human to get around this); if society says you can be executed for treason, and if you commit treason (and are convicted of it) then it is not unjust for that society to execute you.

MMC
02-08-2012, 04:32 PM
To kill a living entity that has not brought, no affront nor an affliction to another is not standing on righteous ground. Moreover a society or community can convict you and still be wrong. Which then causes them to bring you an affront and or an affliction. Righteousness then does not dictate that I be, Merciful!

Peter1469
02-08-2012, 07:28 PM
To kill a living entity that has not brought, no affront nor an affliction to another is not standing on righteous ground. Moreover a society or community can convict you and still be wrong. Which then causes them to bring you an affront and or an affliction. Righteousness then does not dictate that I be, Merciful!

I did say that I was against capital punishment.