PDA

View Full Version : The Torch Has Been Passed

Green Arrow
11-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Fifty years ago today, one of America's greatest Presidents, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, was assassinated. Kennedy was one of the few American Presidents to stand firm and proud against the relentless onslaught of tyranny, and proclaim himself a warrior for freedom. He was beloved in America, and beloved around the world. On June 26, 1963, when Kennedy went to speak in Berlin, the people of Germany enthusiastically shouted his name repeatedly, with joy and admiration. He was a good man, and a good President, one of the few to really be about the people.

In his speech to Berlin, he paraphrased Russian philosopher Mikhail Bakunin, and said:

"Freedom is indivisible, and when one man is enslaved, all are not free."

He also famously expressed his deep patriotism in his inaugural address:

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."

May G-d bless President Kennedy, and may he find peace in the halls of Valhalla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1PbQlVMp98

Chris
11-22-2013, 08:09 AM
"Freedom is indivisible, and when one man is enslaved, all are not free."

Group rights, individual responsibility.

Cigar
11-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Welcome, we've been waiting for you ... a long time.

Green Arrow
11-22-2013, 08:10 AM
http://www.truthinsideofyou.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/I-tried-to-issue-interest-free-money-into-the-system-so-the-American-people-wouldnt-be-enslaved-by-the-banking-cartel-and-the-federal-reserve-had-me-killed-JFK-Kennedy.jpg

oceanloverOH
11-22-2013, 08:25 AM
50 years ago today.....I was in 5th grade, in New Orleans LA. The Catholic grade school I attended had just received TVs in the classrooms for educational TV programming that was due to start in January, 1964. A runner came to the classroom that afternoon, whispered to the teacher, and she turned on the TV without a word. The familiar face of Walter Cronkite appeared as the TV warmed up. This is what we saw, live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBMs8JlYcgQ

Cigar
11-22-2013, 08:54 AM
50 years ago today ... I was still shitting in my diaper and getting real Milk (.)(.) :laugh:

Go ahead ... I can take it.

Mainecoons
11-22-2013, 08:56 AM
You're still shitting on yourself, just now you're doing it on this board while apparently taking money for allegedly having a real job. :rofl:

I was in college and doing grunt work for the Kennedy campaign in Arizona.

Cigar
11-22-2013, 09:28 AM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q71/1424299_10152083593726111_1501727181_n.jpg

patrickt
11-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Me? I was sitting on a small island in the Aleutian Islands doing my time in the military. I was not a fan of President Kennedy, was sorry he was assassinated by a nut, and believe had he served out his term in office he would not have gone down as a good president.

I read this morning that only 1/3 of the country were alive when President Kennedy was assassinated. All they know are the myths.

oceanloverOH
11-22-2013, 12:45 PM
50 years ago today ... I was still shitting in my diaper and getting real Milk (.)(.) :laugh:

Go ahead ... I can take it.

You're nasty, Cigar.

The Sage of Main Street
11-22-2013, 01:04 PM
What new generation? GI Billies who preferred to live like children in college, which has nothing to do with having the talent to belong there? Then the brats of the successful GI Billies imposed their spoiled-rotten degenerate selves on the whole younger generation.

Wouldn't you oppose guaranteeing veterans a spot on the college football team, which is restricted to those with talent? When the sacred cow GI Billies reached their maximum economic power in the 70s, the economy began its long downward spiral. When the GI Billies' Brats took over 30 years later, and only because they had inherited their positions from Daddy, the economy sank to the bottom and may never rise again.

Cigar
11-22-2013, 01:25 PM
What new generation? GI Billies who preferred to live like children in college, which has nothing to do with having the talent to belong there? Then the brats of the successful GI Billies imposed their spoiled-rotten degenerate selves on the whole younger generation.

Wouldn't you oppose guaranteeing veterans a spot on the college football team, which is restricted to those with talent? When the sacred cow GI Billies reached their maximum economic power in the 70s, the economy began its long downward spiral. When the GI Billies' Brats took over 30 years later, and only because they had inherited their positions from Daddy, the economy sank to the bottom and may never rise again.

Dubya ... is that you? :laugh:

The Sage of Main Street
11-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Dubya ... is that you? :laugh:

Calling the Heir Guardsman a fighter pilot is no different from calling Dukakis a tank commander.