PDA

View Full Version : You think you know someone, and then he gets ona stage and blows your mind

kilgram
11-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Matt Damon isn’t asking you to start a revolution, but when you hear this, you might anyway. If you don’t love what you’re hearing after the first 29 seconds, jump to 3:31 for a nugget of truth that every American can stand behind.
<span style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 19.5px; orphans: 4;">
http://youtu.be/qMimA9PaGlA

Paperback Writer
11-23-2013, 10:19 AM
I saw this. Do you still like him knowing he says positive things about Ron Paul now? That should win him a great big trip to Traitorville.

Peter1469
11-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Good video.

Adelaide
11-23-2013, 02:44 PM
There are people who will dismiss this merely because he is an actor in Hollywood. Quite frankly, I wish that I had that kind of opportunity to speak and be heard - I don't blame them for giving their political opinions. And there are Republicans and conservatives in "Hollywood".

I think his message is great. Sometimes it's surprising when actors or musicians open their mouths and you realise they have a point of view that everyone can relate to or at least respect. I remember watching a video of Marilyn Manson in high school (intro to sociology/psychology) after discussing Columbine and how he was associated with it. He was not only an intelligent speaker but an eloquent one. I totally didn't expect that.

Paperback Writer
11-23-2013, 02:49 PM
He should be dismissed because he's a 1%r. They're all evil dontchaknow. When the revolution comes his mansion should be mobbed, he and his children dragged out into the streets beaten for his political influence, and his property redistributed.

We have nothing to lose but our chains.

zelmo1234
11-23-2013, 02:54 PM
And yet he could give his wealth away? But chooses to live in gated communities and hide behind his right to have his earnings because it brings happiness to others.

kilgram
11-23-2013, 02:57 PM
He should be dismissed because he's a 1%r. They're all evil dontchaknow. When the revolution comes his mansion should be mobbed, he and his children dragged out into the streets beaten for his political influence, and his property redistributed.

We have nothing to lose but our chains.
Enjoy your system and your obedience to the system. Don't move.

Green Arrow
11-23-2013, 03:00 PM
And yet he could give his wealth away? But chooses to live in gated communities and hide behind his right to have his earnings because it brings happiness to others.

Why should he have to give his wealth away in order to believe as he does? He gives to charity. That's good enough for me.

Adelaide
11-23-2013, 03:05 PM

So far as I know, he donates a lot to charity. You can't expect him to donate everything he makes.

Paperback Writer
11-23-2013, 03:08 PM
So far as I know, he donates a lot to charity. You can't expect him to donate everything he makes.

I don't. I'm having a crack.

Mainecoons
11-23-2013, 03:08 PM
And there are Republicans and conservatives in "Hollywood".

For sure, at least one or two. :rofl:

Adelaide
11-23-2013, 03:24 PM
For sure, at least one or two. :rofl:[/COLOR]

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/206340/20-actors-you-didnt-know-were-republicans/

Some of those are quite surprising, and that's just a small list of surprising actors/singers.

Chris
11-23-2013, 03:27 PM
There are people who will dismiss this merely because he is an actor in Hollywood. Quite frankly, I wish that I had that kind of opportunity to speak and be heard - I don't blame them for giving their political opinions. And there are Republicans and conservatives in "Hollywood".

I think his message is great. Sometimes it's surprising when actors or musicians open their mouths and you realise they have a point of view that everyone can relate to or at least respect. I remember watching a video of Marilyn Manson in high school (intro to sociology/psychology) after discussing Columbine and how he was associated with it. He was not only an intelligent speaker but an eloquent one. I totally didn't expect that.

Actually I do dismiss him. When he says the problem is civil obedience, I agree. But when he made a movie about fracking, he came out against fracking with lies and when questioned he was as much a jerk as some around here who can't argue their points but turn on you for challenging.

He's an actor, nothing more. He has opinions, nothing more.

Captain Obvious
11-23-2013, 07:53 PM
For sure, at least one or two. :rofl:[/COLOR]

Both of them

:grin:

jillian
11-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Actually I do dismiss him. When he says the problem is civil obedience, I agree. But when he made a movie about fracking, he came out against fracking with lies and when questioned he was as much a jerk as some around here who can't argue their points but turn on you for challenging.

He's an actor, nothing more. He has opinions, nothing more.

he didn't lie… you just don't believe in anything that protects the environment and obstructs rampant corporatist destruction of the environment.

Chris
11-23-2013, 08:28 PM
he didn't lie… you just don't believe in anything that protects the environment and obstructs rampant corporatist destruction of the environment.

He did lie, and then Letterman lied.

And, please, don't go lying making up what I believe, you of all people.