PDA

View Full Version : Controlled Experiment a Success - ObamaCare Works

Cigar
11-25-2013, 08:48 AM
At a time like this, you really want a controlled experiment. What would happen if we unveiled a program that looked like Obamacare, in a place that looked like America, but with competent project management that produced a working website?

Well, your wish is granted. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you California. :grin:

Now, California isn’t the only place where Obamacare is looking pretty good. A number of states that are running their own online health exchanges instead of relying on HealthCare.gov are doing well. Kentucky’s Kynect is a huge success; so is Access Health CT in Connecticut. New York is doing O.K. And we shouldn’t forget that Massachusetts has had an Obamacare-like program since 2006, put into effect by a guy named Mitt Romney.

California is, however, an especially useful test case. First of all, it’s huge: if a system can work for 38 million people, it can work for America as a whole. Also, it’s hard to argue that California has had any special advantages other than that of having a government that actually wants to help the uninsured. When Massachusetts put Romneycare into effect, it already had a relatively low number of uninsured residents. California, however, came into health reform with 22 percent of its nonelderly population uninsured, compared with a national average of 18 percent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/25/opinion/krugman-california-here-we-come.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20131125&_r=0

Amazing what can get done if it's not undermined :laugh:

Cigar
11-25-2013, 09:45 AM
So Tell Me what it is YOU would do? :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpmcWC5S9eQ&feature=player_embedded

Every time you challenge a Republican with the Facts on what YOU are going to do ... They go BOM!

Blackrook
11-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Because I believe everything the New York Times has to tell me.

They're the newspaper of record that refused to report about the Holocaust and Stalin's purges, because well, they didn't feel like it, and that's good enough reason for me.

Paperback Writer
11-25-2013, 10:38 PM
How impressive! One state out of 50 and we've managed a whole country on national health insurance. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that we've prioritised and didn't decide to place the entirety of our budget into repeating the campaigns of Alexander the Great.

Cigar
11-26-2013, 08:21 AM
How impressive! One state out of 50 and we've managed a whole country on national health insurance. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that we've prioritised and didn't decide to place the entirety of our budget into repeating the campaigns of Alexander the Great.

Maybe you've napping for the last 5 years, but just to bring you up to days. 5 years ago The Republican GOP made it their number one priority to make Obama a One term President. When that failed, they simply said; anything Obama likes, they will be against. If you're not aware, not all 50 states are controlled by Democratic Governors. It would take that much intelligence or search engine power to see that the States where ObamaCare is doing well, are mostly Democratic States.

Obviously The Republican GOP made it their number one priority isn't Health Care for it's American people, otherwise they'd have a Health Care Plan Alliterative.

Look it up and educate yourself.

Agravan
11-26-2013, 09:53 AM
otherwise they'd have a Health Care Plan Alliterative.

Look it up and educate yourself.:laughing4:

Cigar
11-26-2013, 09:54 AM
:laughing4:

http://sayanythingblog.com/files/2013/07/032309-obama-laughing-p1.jpg

Chris
11-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Healthcare.gov is laughable.

Cigar
11-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Healthcare.gov is laughable.

Well get use to Years and Years of Laughs ... we until the Oprah prediction of course :laugh:

Agravan
11-26-2013, 03:50 PM
2016, bubba. Then you will have an "alliterative" to obamacare...
By the way, buy a dictionary or don't use words with more than one syllable since you obviously don't understand them or their usage, Mr. "high level programmer"...

Buck Weezer
11-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Oh c'mon. Put a little catsup on the crap sandwich anf drink your kool aid. It'll go down easier.

Buck Weezer
11-26-2013, 06:28 PM
The overwhelming majority of Americans don't want it. You guys lied to me and your president deliberately lied to me. Shame on you.