Captain Obvious
11-25-2013, 12:27 PM
... to quote someone in your sig line?

Green Arrow
11-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Why not?

oceanloverOH
11-25-2013, 12:33 PM
I think it's fine, as long as it's in good taste. Most people post quotes in their sig that reflect their own convictions.

Captain Obvious
11-25-2013, 12:34 PM
You asking me? I don't work here.

:grin:

I just wanted some feedback on the issue. Some sites specifically prohibit it. This site has a rule against calling out people, might be a rule on this too.

I don't read the rules, though I wrote most of them.

Green Arrow
11-25-2013, 12:38 PM
I haven't seen anything against it in the rules, and to my knowledge none of us mods have gotten on to anyone for it. You can always report it if you find one you think is over the top, of course.

oceanloverOH
11-25-2013, 12:42 PM
We have asked a few people to remove or modify their signatures. Some were nasty callouts to other members. Others were links to personal stuff that should be on their profile page, not their sig. And a few were just downright filthy and offensive. A little common sense applied, you can post nearly any quote you want in your sig.

Cigar
11-25-2013, 01:10 PM
We have asked a few people to remove or modify their signatures. Some were nasty callouts to other members. Others were links to personal stuff that should be on their profile page, not their sig. And a few were just downright filthy and offensive. A little common sense applied, you can post nearly any quote you want in your sig.

You may have lost a few on the common sense part ... :laugh:

Ravi
11-25-2013, 01:20 PM
I have sigs turned off so put whatever you want in yours.

Toro
11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
I have sigs turned off so put whatever you want in yours.

His sig says

Ravi <3 Tim Tebow.

jillian
11-25-2013, 06:18 PM

i'd think it's ok if you properly attribute the quote

Dr. Who
11-25-2013, 07:47 PM
You asking me? I don't work here.

:grin:

I just wanted some feedback on the issue. Some sites specifically prohibit it. This site has a rule against calling out people, might be a rule on this too.

I don't read the rules, though I wrote most of them.
I would say it would depend on the quote. Your sig ends up as part of your post, so it falls within the guidelines as to content.

fyrenza
11-25-2013, 08:05 PM

I quoted someone doing a "call out,"

but Ocean PM'ed me to ask me if I'd please change it, and I did ~

the post and thread are still here, and everyone can SEE, for themselves, so my rabble-rousing wasn't needed.
DAMN the luck! rofl

Ravi
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
His sig says

Ravi <3 Tim Tebow.i do!