PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

Adelaide
11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Fellow members,

You will notice that we have increased the size of the moderation team. Previously the team was comprised of 6 members and after KC resigned we were working with 5 moderators. We were able to do that for so long for various factors, such as daytime availability. Green Arrow has since been added to the team. We intend to add another.

We are all available at different times; we have brought on moderators who are able to help with daytime moderating during the week. Similarly, within the existing moderators there are several who are available most of the time on the weekends while others are not. We are trying to meet the needs of the membership.

Specifically, daytime moderating is a priority as it is a very active time with 40 or more members posting and we only had one moderator who was regularly available during that time. That is not only stressful on the moderator, but can mean issues go without resolution until more moderators come online after 5pm. We want to make sure that there is a daytime group of moderators in place who can provide more support and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.

In addition, we are trying to diversify. While our ideologies do not influence our actions, we felt that it would be beneficial to bring on new moderators who hold different/varying views.

Based on the above, the number of moderators is going to increase to 7.

Moderation Team

Captain Obvious
11-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Chloe would be a great addition

Cigar
11-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Here we go, Bigger Government.

Who's your Affirmative Action Candidate? :laugh:

Captain Obvious
11-25-2013, 01:32 PM

That was kinda funny

Green Arrow
11-25-2013, 01:32 PM

Does AA only apply to race, or can it apply to sexual orientation too? Because they've got a minority SO now that I'm on the team :tongue:

Cigar
11-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Does AA only apply to race, or can it apply to sexual orientation too? Because they've got a minority SO now that I'm on the team :tongue:

Now that we got the handicap covered ... let's get some Angry Black Women on-board :grin:

Green Arrow
11-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Now that we got the handicap covered ... let's get some Angry Black Women on-board :grin:

Do we even have angry black women on this forum?

Ravi
11-25-2013, 01:50 PM
I nominate Strollingbonez.

KC must be thrilled that it will take two to replace him.

Green Arrow
11-25-2013, 01:52 PM
I nominate Strollingbonez.

KC must be thrilled that it will take two to replace him.

KC's shoes are certainly big ones, ones that are not easy to fill.

Cigar
11-25-2013, 01:53 PM

Need some recruiting ... ?

Maybe Michelle Obama will have some time after 2016

Captain Obvious
11-25-2013, 01:54 PM

http://www.braincells4rent.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/angry-black-woman.jpg

Cigar
11-25-2013, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't mess with her ... :laugh:

Green Arrow
11-25-2013, 02:19 PM

I would love to have Michelle Obama on this forum! I'd love to have President Obama on this forum, for that matter. I'd love to pick their brains as Americans out of the public light and office. I think we'd see a totally different side of them.

Chris
11-25-2013, 02:21 PM
I would love to have Michelle Obama on this forum! I'd love to have President Obama on this forum, for that matter. I'd love to pick their brains as Americans out of the public light and office. I think we'd see a totally different side of them.

Why you'll never see them away from their handlers.

Cigar
11-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Why you'll never see them away from their handlers.

What's a Handler ... do you have a Handler?

Or are Handlers something that you imagine that those "other" people require and not you?

Paperback Writer
11-25-2013, 02:31 PM

Or are Handlers something that you imagine that those "other" people require and not you?

Handlers would be those people who run the government whilst he watches CNN and finds out you've been spying on us as well as your own people. He's pathetically useless. What's the point of electing someone marginally smarter than Bush if you're just going to keep the same abysmal policies.

You're like puppies the size of Mastiffs chewing up things and shitting on floors.

Chris
11-25-2013, 02:35 PM

The chief of staff, publicity and marketing people who present their images to the public.

The people don't need handlers, only the ruling class.

Cigar
11-25-2013, 02:40 PM
The chief of staff, publicity and marketing people who present their images to the public.

The people don't need handlers, only the ruling class.

So should the Winners Rule? :laugh:

Paperback Writer
11-25-2013, 02:44 PM

Are you a monarchy now? If so please select carefully and do make certain they understand that work and duty go hand in hand with power. Watching the telly to find out what your own administration is doing is not quite "work".

Chris
11-25-2013, 02:46 PM

It's how politicians win, yes, by presenting to you the voter what they think you want to see. They win, you lose.

Cigar
11-25-2013, 02:48 PM
It's how politicians win, yes, by presenting to you the voter what they think you want to see. They win, you lose.

The guy I voted for tried to present what I wanted ... is that ok?

Chris
11-25-2013, 03:14 PM
The guy I voted for tried to present what I wanted ... is that ok?

Sure, it's what they all do. Too bad for you you bought it.

bladimz
11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
That was kinda funnyYeah, it was.

bladimz
11-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Our (and any) president is only a figure head. This is kind of the reason that what they promise during their campaigning doesn't come to fruition during their presidency. Then they answer to a higher power. And it isn't God.

Paperback Writer
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Our (and any) president is only a figure head. This is kind of the reason that what they promise during their campaigning doesn't come to fruition during their presidency. Then they answer to a higher power. And it isn't God.

So you're saying he doesn't order drone kills off his secret assassination list in spite of what your NYT says, or that he's not responsible for the direction given to his departments such as the CIA, NSA, or DOJ? He just gets paid to golf and watch CNN. If that's the case who does order these things and can you tell them to stop right away?

bladimz
11-25-2013, 04:56 PM
So you're saying he doesn't order drone kills off his secret assassination list in spite of what your NYT says, or that he's not responsible for the direction given to his departments such as the CIA, NSA, or DOJ? He just gets paid to golf and watch CNN. If that's the case who does order these things and can you tell them to stop right away?
That's exactly what i'm saying. Our president doesn't make the calls. He's the figure-head, the one they hired to take the heat. The big decisions are made by the large monied players. Our presidents don't decide when to go to war; that's decided by big special-interest groups.

The Sage of Main Street
11-25-2013, 05:05 PM

They'll probably spend all their time nagging the Black men.

The Sage of Main Street
11-25-2013, 05:07 PM

Obviously not, or Cigar would suffer posting fright.

The Sage of Main Street
11-25-2013, 05:12 PM

She'll be too busy nagging Barry and making sure he keeps his eyes off other women.

Paperback Writer
11-25-2013, 05:13 PM
That's exactly what i'm saying. Our president doesn't make the calls. He's the figure-head, the one they hired to take the heat. The big decisions are made by the large monied players. Our presidents don't decide when to go to war; that's decided by big special-interest groups.

Then why bother voting or having political discourse if its all written in the stars for you?

Green Arrow
11-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Then why bother voting or having political discourse if its all written in the stars for you?

Because it doesn't have to stay that way.

nic34
11-25-2013, 05:29 PM

Check the Supreme Court and what president appointed who....

Paperback Writer
11-25-2013, 05:34 PM

Then the president is not a figurehead as they've said.

Chris
11-25-2013, 05:38 PM

I'd suggest Rosen's The Supreme Court: The Personalities and Rivalries That Defined America for a good read on how after becoming justices many of them change their tune politically. Much as you might hope they'd be judicial activist in carrying out your agenda, it matters little which President nominated them.

Chris
11-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Then the president is not a figurehead as they've said.

Not sure where that got started. My earlier comment was simply what you see is what's presented to you by handlers. Presidents still run the show...or ought to, with Obama it's hard to know when he blames everyone else or claims not to have know and is caught lying and has broken nearly every promised used to get elected. --Preemptive: Bush was just as bad.