PDA

View Full Version : Three Decades of Economic Sanctions, yet 6 Months is too long to a chance at Peace

Cigar
11-26-2013, 11:01 AM
So Conservatives call The Obama Administration a Political Failure for attempting to allow 6 more months of Peace talks.

So what do these same Conservative call 34 Years of Economic Sanctions ... a rounding success?

Why would single Photo Opt inflame some Conservative

http://24.media.tumblr.com/87666320c92291b95fad0dd26ce375bb/tumblr_mwsh7uaL0i1sl3iozo1_500.jpg

Why?

keymanjim
11-26-2013, 11:07 AM
It's just your obama 'taking care' of his muslime buddies.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/obama.gif (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/keymanjim/media/obama.gif.html)

Cigar
11-26-2013, 11:14 AM
So let me get this straight ... I post a Thread for conversation and because it's something the Right don't to talk about, it gets sent to the hole.

Great Job

Cigar
11-26-2013, 11:16 AM

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/obama.gif (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/keymanjim/media/obama.gif.html)

But this isn't an Example of Flame Baiting ... :rollseyes:

Captain Obvious
11-26-2013, 11:16 AM
So let me get this straight ... I post a Thread for conversation and because it's something the Right don't to talk about, it gets sent to the hole.

Great Job

Maybe you're reputation is finally catching up to you.

Cigar
11-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Maybe you're reputation is finally catching up to you.

I have more to give ... the questions is, can you guys take it without crying to Mama :laugh:

Codename Section
11-26-2013, 11:20 AM
I need to leave this thread because it's funny. I'm bad.

Cigar
11-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Serious Question:

Do Conservatives reject the possibility of this President seeking peace?

Is 6 Months really a step too far for asking Iran to consider the possibility of peace?

What exactly bothers Conservative about attempting a peace talk?

Captain Obvious
11-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Serious Question:

Is 6 Months really a step too far for asking Iran to consider the possibility of peace?

Because the O'bama's objective isn't peace, it's scoring a desperately needed political win.

Why did the O'bama just toss the Arab/Israel issue into Kerry's hands and step out of the spotlight? Because it's not doable anytime soon.

It's all political, you're just not smart enough to see it.

Cigar
11-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Because the O'bama's objective isn't peace, it's scoring a desperately needed political win.

Why did the O'bama just toss the Arab/Israel issue into Kerry's hands and step out of the spotlight? Because it's not doable anytime soon.

You do realize these talks have been going on for more than several months.

Isn't Peace with Iran a Score worth Winning for America?

The last I checked, President Obama will only be President for another 3 years, we've been hoping for Peace in Iran for 3 Decades.

Is hating Obama more important and anything else?

Cigar
11-26-2013, 11:54 AM
The White House Storms Fox News To Refute Idiotic Republican Talking Point on Iran Deal
On Monday morning, White House Deputy National Security Advisor Tony Blinken appeared on Fox & Friends to discuss the recent deal between Iran and the United States regarding Iran’s nuclear program. While this was a historic diplomatic agreement between countries that have long been at odds, and could potentially bring lasting peace to the Middle East, apparently there are Republicans who feel it is all just a sideshow to distract from the bigger picture: Obamacare.

Yes, the new talking point this morning is that Obama made sure to strike a deal with Iran so that he could get people to stop talking about the ‘disastrous’ rollout of the ACA and the website. Yes, finally coming to the table with Iran after 34 long years of bitter tension and hateful rhetoric is nothing more than a shiny object used by Obama to get Americans’ attention away from how they should feel about the ACA. Thankfully, Blinken poked a hole in that stupid talking point while talking with Steve Doocy:

DOOCY: Right, Tony, some people are skeptical, a little critical. They’re going, why now? Oh, maybe because so they’re trying to change the subject, Obamacare not working out. President’s approval at 38 percent. What do you say?

BLINKEN: Well, I don’t do health care, but I think we can probably figure out a way to insure tens of millions of Americans and prevent Iran from getting the bomb at the same time. The fact of the matter is, this was growing urgent. Iran was advancing down all three lines of activity. We wanted to stop that. We wanted to stop the program, and we wanted to see if we could get a comprehensive deal that resolves this once and for all. That’s exactly what we now have the opportunity to do.

Blinken made Doocy look like a first-rate idiot who was more interested in setting a stupid narrative than actually discussing the fact that the United States is going to get Iran to stop its nuclear weapons program. The fact is, the President isn’t sitting in the White House and wondering how his next move is going to be interpreted by the Republicans and their willing media partners. He has a country to run and a world stage to worry about. He has real problems to try to solve that don’t take a backseat to media narrative of the day.

This is the Republicans’ operation mode. They are only ever interested in discussing one thing and beating it into the ground. When they feel they have one topic that they can win against this president (Benghazi, the ACA), they will hammer it into the ground until it is six feet under. The thing is, while they fall victim, time and time again, to their own tunnel-vision, President Obama is going out and taking care of business. Whether it is in regards to Syria, Iran or any other subject, he is not allowing himself to be caught in the echo chamber of Republican idiocy.

History will show just how badly the Republican Party acted during Obama’s presidency. While they were more concerned about obstructing him every step of the way, he somehow persevered and got the country back on the right track. He fought tooth and nail to defend the health care law, he made America safer by not only ending two wars, but hunting down and killing Bin Laden and coming to historic weapon agreements with Syria and Iran. Job growth continues to rise in this country, as does the stock market. He inherited a dysfunctional mess left by an awful president and, without any help from Republicans, has gotten this country turned around.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/11/25/tony-blinken-refutes-idiotic-republican-talking-point-iran-nuclear-deal-fox.html

// Check //

Peter1469
11-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Serious Question:

I think that you mean NEOCONs, and maybe some of the religious right, rather than conservatives in general.

keymanjim
11-26-2013, 11:57 AM

Great Job
Maybe if you didn't post the same subject three or four times a day they'll stay out.

Cigar
11-26-2013, 11:59 AM
I think that you mean NEOCONs, and maybe some of the religious right, rather than conservatives in general.

Actually ... that was the divide before ... but after Obama became President, looks to me like the NeoCons, Religious Right and everyone Righ of Center joined forces to become one in the Number-One-Priority. :wink:

Hummm ... what changed?

Peter1469
11-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Actually ... that was the divide before ... but after Obama became President, looks to me like the NeoCons, Religious Right and everyone Righ of Center joined forces to become one in the Number-One-Priority. :wink:

Hummm ... what changed?

The libertarians and fiscal cons seem to agree with the negotiations.....

The Sage of Main Street
11-26-2013, 05:51 PM

And sissyboy Dubai Dubya held hands with the towelhead Crown Prince.

Mainecoons
11-26-2013, 06:37 PM
The libertarians and fiscal cons seem to agree with the negotiations.....

Nothing changed, Cigar. If your vision wasn't so clouded with your partisan illness you would already know what Peter had to point out to you.

shaarona
11-26-2013, 06:43 PM
And sissyboy Dubai Dubya held hands with the towelhead Crown Prince.

I take it that you have never met an 84 year old king or been advised by the State Dept on protocols.

Blackrook
11-27-2013, 01:07 AM
I take it that you have never met an 84 year old king or been advised by the State Dept on protocols.
Americans don't bow to foreign princes. That is a protocol established by the Founding Fathers, when they outlawed titles of royalty and nobility in the Constitution.

Ivan88
11-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Serious Question:

So called "Conservatives" only want to conserve the Communism that this country has adopted since Lincoln's Communist Revolution.
They also want to have giant wars to please the Israelis and the Saudis.
So of course backing down from waging war on Iran is bad to such people.
They are in love with the 3 unclean spirits of devils herding mankind to Armageddon. (Revelation 16)

However, I suspect the deal with Iran is some sort of trap. Perhaps it is a scheme to appear peaceful and reasonable so that later on they can come out with a new Colin Powell and accuse Iran of some sin, and then bomb Iran, much like we did to Iraq & Libya.

Don't forget a false flag attack so that we can play the Pearl Harbor card again.

shaarona
11-27-2013, 06:06 AM

Iran is inviting all the oil majors back into Iran.. There are NO takers... so there are other incentives.. $100 billion in incentives.

snali
11-27-2013, 06:54 AM
Serious Question:

They are skeptical of Iran willinginess/ability to complete it end of the bargain while they also think that Obama is doing this to score a political win

Mainecoons
11-27-2013, 08:52 AM
I am curious as to the reaction here to the number of stories that Iran is claiming the White House misrepresented the deal.

http://freebeacon.com/iran-white-house-lying-about-details-of-nuke-deal/

countryboy
11-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Question for liberals. Has Iran ever kept it's word from a diplomatic standpoint? Please cite a single example. Just one.

shaarona
11-27-2013, 09:11 AM
I am curious as to the reaction here to the number of stories that Iran is claiming the White House misrepresented the deal.

http://freebeacon.com/iran-white-house-lying-about-details-of-nuke-deal/

The Washington Free Beacon, a project of the 501(c)4 Center for American Freedom, is a nonprofit online newspaper that began publication on February 7, 2012. Dedicated to uncovering the stories that the professional left hopes will never see the light of day, the Free Beacon produces in-depth and investigative reporting on a wide range of issues, including public policy, government affairs, international security, and media criticism. Whether it’s exposing cronyism, dissecting the relationship between the progressive movement and the mainstream media, finding out just who is shaping our domestic and foreign policy and why, or highlighting the threats to American security and peace in a dangerous world, the Free Beacon is committed to serving the public interest by reporting news and information that currently is not being fully covered by other news organizations.
The Beacon’s editor in chief is Matthew Continetti. Sonny Bunch is the managing editor. Bill Gertz is senior editor.

Mainecoons
11-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Don't give me an ad hom, address the post. They quoted the Iranians.

http://www.onenewspage.us/n/US/74w4feki3/Iran-Rejects-Obama-Interpretation-of-Nuclear-Deal.htm

Here is a direct quote:

“What has been released by the website of the White House (http://www.onenewspage.us/topic/white_house.htm) as a fact sheet is a one-sided interpretation of the agreed text in Geneva and some of the explanations and words in the sheet contradict the text of the Joint Plan of Action (the title of the Iran-powers deal), and this fact sheet has unfortunately been translated and released in the name of the Geneva agreement by certain media, which is not true,” said Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham.

Mainecoons
11-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Still waiting Shaarona. Sure hope the only thing you have here is a rather lame ad hom.

What is your response to the above quoted statement by the Iranians regarding the statement put out by the White House?

Did they lie again?

The Sage of Main Street
11-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Americans don't bow to foreign princes. That is a protocol established by the Founding Fathers, when they outlawed titles of royalty and nobility in the Constitution.

But Draftdodging Dubya can go prancing with an Arabian prince, holding hands and preaching about the "Religion of Peace."

shaarona
11-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Still waiting Shaarona. Sure hope the only thing you have here is a rather lame ad hom.

What is your response to the above quoted statement by the Iranians regarding the statement put out by the White House?

Did they lie again?

That's an ad hom.. Its quoted from the FreeBeacon website.

shaarona
11-27-2013, 12:25 PM

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/cg506a31c1.jpg

http://my2bucks.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/bow-eisenhower.jpg

http://www.rumormillnews.com/pix5/7202_NixonBowToMao1.JPG

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l0vh4pes2K1qztsh3o1_400.jpg

Mainecoons
11-28-2013, 07:50 AM
That's an ad hom.. Its quoted from the FreeBeacon website.

In other words, you deny that the Iranians said this?

Or you really can't respond to my question?

How about right from the horse's mouth?

The Iranian Foreign Ministry on Tuesday also called invalid a press release by the White House alleged to be the text of the nuclear agreement struck by Iran and the Group 5+1 (the US, Russia, China, Britain and France plus Germany) in Geneva on Sunday.“What has been released by the website of the White House as a fact sheet is a one-sided interpretation of the agreed text in Geneva and some of the explanations and words in the sheet contradict the text of the Joint Plan of Action (the title of the Iran-powers deal), and this fact sheet has unfortunately been translated and released in the name of the Geneva agreement by certain media, which is not true,” Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham said on Tuesday.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13920906000599

I bolded it to help you find it this time even though it was linked in the previous citation.

And you are being dishonest and disengenuous, trying to hide behind your ad hom of the source rather than respond to the question. It really pains you to have to face the fact that your Messiah and his administration have been caught lying again, eh?

zelmo1234
11-28-2013, 07:59 AM
If Israel says that this is a NO go for them?

Why does anyone think that this makes the world more Safe, Israel has a history of acting in it's own self preservation interest, and who can blame this.

this false agreement makes it much more likely that there will be regional war in the middle east, and if that disrupts oil flow, it could very well turn into a global conflict!

And Liberals are cheering this? It makes No sense to me!

Gerrard Winstanley
11-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Question for liberals. Has Iran ever kept it's word from a diplomatic standpoint? Please cite a single example. Just one.
We've never even lent them a word to keep.

The Sage of Main Street
11-30-2013, 01:48 PM
We've never even lent them a word to keep.

It's Not About Words, It's About Swords

shaarona
11-30-2013, 02:04 PM
If Israel says that this is a NO go for them?

Why does anyone think that this makes the world more Safe, Israel has a history of acting in it's own self preservation interest, and who can blame this.

this false agreement makes it much more likely that there will be regional war in the middle east, and if that disrupts oil flow, it could very well turn into a global conflict!

And Liberals are cheering this? It makes No sense to me!

Israel isn't afraid of being nuked by Iran. This is a Bibi scam. Its a deflection from real issues at home that need to be addressed. There is no longer any possibility of a two state solution.. Hasn't been since the mid 1990s.

zelmo1234
11-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Israel isn't afraid of being nuked by Iran. This is a Bibi scam. Its a deflection from real issues at home that need to be addressed. There is no longer any possibility of a two state solution.. Hasn't been since the mid 1990s.

Do you have any proof of this? Or am I just supposed to take your word for it?

http://www.rferl.org/content/iran-israel-leader-destry/24935377.html

After all why would they have to fear these calm cool and collect people, that just happen to want to kill them!

And There could have been a 2 state solution back in the 90's but the PLO refused it!

Why pursue something that is not going to happen

Mini Me
11-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Serious Question:

The Rethug party doesn't want peace. They are all in with the war privateers.

They pillory Obama for threatening attacking Syria, yet at the same time call him a weak wussie for wanting peace talks.

At least Bama had the stones to stand up to Netanyahu, and call off the invasion dogs on Syria and broker talks on ridding WMD gas from there. Its one of the few times public opinion has held sway. A miracle!

Its damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Not saying Bama is a good POTUS, but he seems to be coming around to sanity on foreign policy decisions.
Now if he would just stop all the drones and curb the spy network from the NSA.