PDA

View Full Version : Republican 2012 Hopefuls Turn on Each Other.....

MMC
07-19-2011, 07:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/republican-2012-hopefuls-turn-other-182045394.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After months of criticizing President Barack Obama's economic leadership, the Republican White House hopefuls are turning some of their sharpest jabs on each other.

"We're going into the next phase -- the introductions are over and it's time to start differentiating yourself," he said.

Tim Pawlenty, the former Minnesota governor who is languishing in single digits behind most of his rivals in opinion polls, has led the charge.

Former Utah governor Jon Huntsman joined in, attacking Romney's record on job creation in Massachusetts

The tension between Romney and Huntsman is certain to grow as they vie for more moderate, business-oriented Republicans, particularly in the early voting state of New Hampshire where both candidates need strong showings to sustain their bids.

"If you see Romney criticizing anybody besides President Obama, you know he is feeling threatened," Bonjean said.

Plus..... Bachman leads Romney in Iowa.....so now we shall see how the media plays it with their coverage of the 2012 Republican Hopefuls. Looks Like they are all ready to go on the offensive.
Thoughts?

Conley
07-19-2011, 07:25 PM
I think Bachmann and Romney are the clear front runners...if they are smart, they should ignore the other candidates -- to pay them lip service lends credence to their campaigns. Ignore them and they won't be able to get in the headlines. At this point very few Joe Blows are paying any attention to Pawlenty or Huntsman. It remains a weak field.

Mister D
07-19-2011, 07:31 PM
I think Bachmann and Romney are the clear front runners...if they are smart, they should ignore the other candidates -- to pay them lip service lends credence to their campaigns. Ignore them and they won't be able to get in the headlines. At this point very few Joe Blows are paying any attention to Pawlenty or Huntsman. It remains a weak field.

Agreed on Bachmann and Romney. It remains to be seen if either of them can ignite the base while simultaneously appealing to independents. :-\

MMC
07-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Huntsmen will be round for the ride. Lady Jane Rothschild is backing the play. Which means some big money has thrown their hat in Huntmens Corner.

I agree with CL on not giving the others lip-service. problem is now there is this tweet thing. On one hand I like what I hear about Twitter. In the aspect one can be a nobody and actually say something to cause or affect another to respond back. That the media will catch fire over anything engaging stars, icons and or our aristocrats.

Romney cant play this like hey.....it's me again. Remember me I ran before. Plus he is a flip-flopper. Moreover crying about he knows how to run a buisness is not the same thing as running a Country. As one can see there may be similarities. But running a country is a complete different matter, and obviously a way more compley matter to deal with than a buisness. So this notion of hey lets treat government like a buisness. That mentality has to change.

Mister D
07-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Huntsmen will be round for the ride. Lady Jane Rothschild is backing the play. Which means some big money has thrown their hat in Huntmens Corner.

I agree with CL on not giving the others lip-service. problem is now there is this tweet thing. On one hand I like what I hear about Twitter. In the aspect one can be a nobody and actually say something to cause or affect another to respond back. That the media will catch fire over anything engaging stars, icons and or our aristocrats.

Romney cant play this like hey.....it's me again. Remember me I ran before. Plus he is a flip-flopper. Moreover crying about he knows how to run a buisness is not the same thing as running a Country. As one can see there may be similarities. But running a country is a complete different matter, and obviously a way more compley matter to deal with than a buisness. So this notion of hey lets treat government like a buisness. That mentality has to change.

That mentality appeals to a lot of people whether it truly makes sense or not.

MMC
07-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Do you think it should be treated like a buisness D?

Mister D
07-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Do you think it should be treated like a buisness D?

I don't know much about economics so I generally don't speak about it but I can understand the appeal when we have so many fiscal problems.

MMC
07-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah.....I know what you mean. For the last 3 months I was focusing more on understanding the arguments. Yet to me I think both sides of economics are wrong about what they based their predictions off of.....But do you think the government can be run as a buisness is?

Thas despite not knowing that aspect of governement..... :)