PDA

View Full Version : Professor: Obama Should Be Allowed to Run for a Third Term

Agravan
11-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Professor: Obama Should Be Allowed to Run for a Third Termby Nathan Harden - Fix Editor (http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/author/nathan-harden/) on November 29, 2013

http://www.thecollegefix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Obama_Mirror.PeteSouza.WhiteHouse-150x107.jpg

Want more Obama?
In The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/end-presidential-term-limits/2013/11/28/50876456-561e-11e3-ba82-16ed03681809_story.html), Jonathan Zimmerman, a history professor from NYU, has written an article claiming that all of America’s problems would be soloved–GET THIS–if only we would allow Barack Obama to run for a third term!
He wants to amend the Constitution and abolish presidential term limits.
Zimmerman writes that Obama–whose approval rating is at an all time low of 37%–would be much more effective at governing if he could stand for re-election in 2016 because then he’d be less likely to “ignore” the will of the American people. “It’s time to put that power back where it belongs,” he writes. “Barack Obama should be allowed to stand for re election just as citizens should be allowed to vote for — or against — him. Anything less diminishes our leaders and ourselves.”
We don’t know whether to shake our head in disbelief, or burst out laughing.
This professor admits that only a third of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing in office, yet he wants us to believe that we’d be better off if he were able to be president until the year 2020–and beyond?
That’s some strange logic.
Just one week ago, the very same newspaper (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/11/19/president-romney-yes-if-the-election-were-held-today/) ran a story predicting that if the 2012 election were held now, Mitt Romney would win the White House, not Obama.
Right now, this country has a serious case of voter’s remorse. Therefore the timing for this call for a potential third Obama term couldn’t be worse.

More: http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/15481/

fyrenza
11-29-2013, 10:23 AM
The FDR response.
It didn't work that time, either. It just made everything WORSE, in the long run,

but it LOOKED "good," for the short term.

<sigh>

jillian
11-29-2013, 10:25 AM
meh.. it's not happening. but cute advance whine.

Agravan
11-29-2013, 10:27 AM
meh.. it's not happening. but cute advance whine.
But it would be a Liberal's wet dream, wouldn't it?

Alyosha
11-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Who is still that stupid as they would want him for a third term? You'd have to either be paid to write that or a retard.

Agravan
11-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Who is still that stupid as they would want him for a third term? You'd have to either be paid to write that or a retard.
Or a far left loon...

Alyosha
11-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Or a far left loon...

Does anyone remember when the Lefties thought Bush was going to plan a terror attack to preven the 2008 elections? They were so afraid of a 3rd term and now they want this dickwad to have one.

We have had HORRIBLE presidents. Just horrible. Bill Clinton wasn't perfect but at least he was a middle of the road guy who could keep things going. Our last two have been like watching Dumb and Dumber.

Peter1469
11-29-2013, 11:01 AM
At least the professor admits that the Constitution would have to be amended.

I predict a 0% chance of passage.

Paperback Writer
11-29-2013, 11:07 AM
One would think the cultists would have given up the ghost after 2011 when they realised he was the second coming of Bush.

fyrenza
11-29-2013, 11:08 AM
They've never actually REALIZED that ...

fyrenza
11-29-2013, 11:10 AM
They have No Idea what the concept behind the words : Different Day / Same Shit (dd/ss) actually means. <sigh>

fyrenza
11-29-2013, 11:11 AM
or is it "ss/dd?" meh. same difference! lol

countryboy
11-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Or a far left loon...
That's what she said, paid to write that, or a retard. :wink:

fyrenza
11-29-2013, 11:45 AM
This is another one of these "I-Don't-CARE-If-I-Get-Thrown-In-The-Hole-For-It" replies,

but Jigglin'?

YOU ARE CONSIDERED A FULL RETARD by anyone with any sort of intelligence here.

The only reason anyone responds to you is to cut you so low,
that you have to look Up to see Down,

because your posts/replies/threads ARE that stupid.

bobgnote
11-29-2013, 12:06 PM
The professor wants one of his dimmer colleagues, to get term 3, when dimmy was a constitutional law professor, who has no constitutional media, to offer, since the US Constitution was composed, by white, male slavers, and Obama is a corrupt activist.

FDR was crap, after term 2. Give it a rest, prof.

Mainecoons
11-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Professor: Obama Should Be Allowed to Run for a Third Term

by Nathan Harden - Fix Editor (http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/author/nathan-harden/) on November 29, 2013

http://www.thecollegefix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Obama_Mirror.PeteSouza.WhiteHouse-150x107.jpg

Want more Obama?
In The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/end-presidential-term-limits/2013/11/28/50876456-561e-11e3-ba82-16ed03681809_story.html), Jonathan Zimmerman, a history professor from NYU, has written an article claiming that all of America’s problems would be soloved–GET THIS–if only we would allow Barack Obama to run for a third term!
Zimmerman writes that Obama–whose approval rating is at an all time low of 37%–would be much more effective at governing if he could stand for re-election in 2016 because then he’d be less likely to “ignore” the will of the American people. “It’s time to put that power back where it belongs,” he writes. “Barack Obama should be allowed to stand for re election just as citizens should be allowed to vote for — or against — him. Anything less diminishes our leaders and ourselves.”
This professor admits that only a third of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing in office, yet he wants us to believe that we’d be better off if he were able to be president until the year 2020–and beyond?
Just one week ago, the very same newspaper (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/11/19/president-romney-yes-if-the-election-were-held-today/) ran a story predicting that if the 2012 election were held now, Mitt Romney would win the White House, not Obama.
Right now, this country has a serious case of voter’s remorse. Therefore the timing for this call for a potential third Obama term couldn’t be worse.

This is what our college faculties are full of these days. 'nuff said.

Chris
11-29-2013, 12:29 PM
I doubt he could win a third term.

countryboy
11-29-2013, 12:29 PM
I doubt He won a second term.

Gerrard Winstanley
11-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Is it a bad idea? I'm indifferent. Would Obama get elected for a third term? I have serious doubts.

Was Dr. Zimmerman claiming the constitutional limit should be withdrawn because the President's such an exceptional statesman? No. Whether I agree with their opinion or not, I don't appreciate people's opinions being twisted out of proportion.

The Xl
11-29-2013, 04:30 PM

Depends on the Republican nominee.

Peter1469
11-29-2013, 04:37 PM

What would be really funny would be if the GOP controlled the House and Senate with good number, and then Obama wins in 2016 (because the GOP runs a milk toast).

Chris
11-29-2013, 04:39 PM

True, but after the fiasco of the ACA, his cred is ruined for all but pure partisans.

The Xl
11-29-2013, 04:43 PM
True, but after the fiasco of the ACA, his cred is ruined for all but pure partisans.

His rep was shit when Romney ran against him, and he won easily. Nominate another Romney or McCain type, and he'd win again.

Gerrard Winstanley
11-29-2013, 04:44 PM
His rep was shit when Romney ran against him, and he won easily. Nominate another Romney or McCain type, and he'd win again.
It was Obama versus a white Obama. Wanna' draw straws?

The Xl
11-29-2013, 04:46 PM

Right, it was a charismatic guy with a more diverse following and who was perceived to be less snobby vs a Vanilla version of himself who came across as a douche.

countryboy
11-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Actually, he didn't "win easily". He won by a fairly slim margin. If he won at all.

Gerrard Winstanley
11-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Right, it was a charismatic guy with a more diverse following and who was perceived to be less snobby vs a Vanilla version of himself who came across as a douche.
Watching all these Republicans who slammed Obama's healthcare and gun policies rush immediately to bolster the Romney campaign, then moan that the polls were rigged when the Magic Negro wins again, must have been the comedy highlight of 2012.

The Xl
11-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Actually, he didn't "win easily". He won by a fairly slim margin. If he won at all.

If that election was rigged, every one before it may have been rigged. Are you asserting they've all been rigged?

He had 5 million more votes and over 100 more on the electoral college. He won easily.

The Xl
11-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Watching all these Republicans who slammed Obama's healthcare and gun policies rush immediately to bolster the Romney campaign, then moan that the polls were rigged when the Magic Negro wins again, must have been the comedy highlight of 2012.

It was embarrasing, the whole thing. Obama people shit talking Romney, vice versa, them agreeing in all the debates, being functionally the same everywhere, etc.

Shame on Republicans for nominating Mitt freaking Romney. I guess Obama is popular, his politics allocated for 99% of the vote.

Toro
11-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Did the esteemed professor say the same thing when Bush was President?

Chris
11-29-2013, 05:32 PM

Ture, and that could fall 50/50 either way (actually 25%/25%).

Chris
11-29-2013, 05:32 PM

What most statisticians would consider margin of error.

Agravan
11-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Which, had it been Romney that won, would have resulted in recount after recount until enough votes could be "found" in attics, basements, under rocks or in car trunks until Obama could be "proven" to have won.

patrickt
11-29-2013, 07:26 PM
We had the same crap with President Clinton. The idiot Larry King even explained how Bill Clinton could legally get a third term. Of course, it was crap. Woody Allen wants Barack Obama for dictator. As it stands, there would have to be a Constitutional Amendment, maybe two, to keep the nitwit longer.

shaarona
11-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Professor: Obama Should Be Allowed to Run for a Third Term

by Nathan Harden - Fix Editor (http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/author/nathan-harden/) on November 29, 2013

Want more Obama?

Oh BS.. what sort of idiot would even bring up such a possibility?

Peter1469
11-29-2013, 08:39 PM

I saw a video of it on the news.

Paperback Writer
11-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Why bother having elections in the US when you know the outcome is that you'll have an idiot puppet as president?

Paperback Writer
11-30-2013, 09:36 AM

The Sean Penn type.

countryboy
11-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Why bother having elections in the US when you know the outcome is that you'll have an idiot puppet as president?
What would be the alternative?

Codename Section
11-30-2013, 10:37 AM

Rand Paul. He pisses off liberals and most millenials like him. Most republicans won't vote for Hillary anyway.

countryboy
11-30-2013, 10:37 AM
If that election was rigged, every one before it may have been rigged. Are you asserting they've all been rigged?

He had 5 million more votes and over 100 more on the electoral college. He won easily.
He won with less than 51% of the popular vote. Not exactly a land slide.

He did win by a large margin in the Electoral College. But there were key mitigating factors which contributed to this. Voter turnout was down overall, but up in the key states with the largest number of Electoral College votes.

There were plenty of anomalies which went uninvestigated by Obama's DOJ. There were counties in Ohio where the number of votes tallied was greater than the number of registered voters. This happened in other states as well. Hey, whaddaya know, Ohio was one of those key states. :rolleyes:

countryboy
11-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Rand Paul. He pisses off liberals and most millenials like him. Most republicans won't vote for Hillary anyway.

I meant an alternative to having elections at all, as PW alluded to.

I like Rand Paul.

Buck Weezer
11-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Sad what is happening in America.

Toro
11-30-2013, 03:14 PM

Margin of error is not relevant in an election. It only matters in a poll. A poll is in an estimate of a population. An election is of the population.

You might want to say it was a slim victory in the election.

AmazonTania
11-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Mini Me
11-30-2013, 04:51 PM

That's right!

Romoney, Bama, McSame, Bush.....they are all Bilderberger puppets, two sides to the same coin. Cameron, too!

The game was rigged a long time ago, after JFK got whacked!

Mini Me
11-30-2013, 04:54 PM

Viable 3hd and 4th parties that are not controlled by the Bilderberger power elite.

Like Jessie Ventura in 2016.

Either that or a revolution, which won't be pretty!

Mini Me
11-30-2013, 05:02 PM

I just cant trust him!

He jumped ship and threw his dad under the bus to get back into the mainstream Rethug Party. Now hes posing as a libertarian again saying some nice things to get back into the good graces of Libertarians.

One thing for sure; the Rethuglican Party cannot really change, the taint of corporate fat cat money is all over them, and Wall street crook money. They are the party of the 1% rich elite, and have been for a long time.

Pissing off liberals does not make a political philosophy or a platform.

Paperback Writer
11-30-2013, 05:11 PM
I just cant trust him!

He jumped ship and threw his dad under the bus to get back into the mainstream Rethug Party. Now hes posing as a libertarian again saying some nice things to get back into the good graces of Libertarians.

One thing for sure; the Rethuglican Party cannot really change, the taint of corporate fat cat money is all over them, and Wall street crook money. They are the party of the 1% rich elite, and have been for a long time.

Pissing off liberals does not make a political philosophy or a platform.

When I hear this argument I oftentimes think that some individuals, not you exactly, but some really have no guile at all. You'd have to be a nincompoop, not you mind you but some individuals who believe such, to think this wasn't a ruse to make people think he's more moderate.

If I was a libertarian wanting to be president I would do as he is doing now; biding time and playing the game.

McCool
12-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Who is still that stupid as they would want him for a third term? You'd have to either be paid to write that or a retard.This person might be up for it:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/14/sheila-jackson-lee-suggests-martial-law-end-government-shutdown

bobgnote
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

He sure does kill, well, doesn't he . . . just saying.

Actually, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Wrestle with your fan-fetish, and come to your senses.