PDA

View Full Version : PBS to Air Documentary on Clinton and Womanizing

Conley
02-12-2012, 12:00 PM
The film covers Clinton’s life in its entirety — from his childhood in Arkansas to his first runs for office to his election as governor of Arkansas to his presidency — but almost a full hour of the documentary focuses on Clinton’s personal struggles with fidelity, coupled with harsh, blunt language from many of his colleagues and chroniclers. In fact, the film’s introduction, a quick summary of the entire documentary, opens with the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Eight minutes in, the topic of Gennifer Flowers surfaces.

“There was this growing skepticism in the press that this guy was just a big phony,” Time’s Joe Klein said, discussing Clinton’s reaction to the allegations. “He was too slick. He was too smooth. And he would lawyer answers to questions.”

When discussing the Clintons’ years in Arkansas, narrator Campbell Scott said, “Hillary had to deal with Bill’s constant womanizing.”

“You’ve got to understand, at one time, there [were] at least 25 women per day coming through there trying to find him,” sais Paul Fray, Clinton’s campaign manager during his unsuccessful congressional run in 1974. “I’d tell them, 'He’s on the road, get out the door.' But, Lord, it was bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71382.html#ixzz1mBgytaoD

A lot of his old friends are speaking about what they were told for the first time publicly. I doubt Bubba is too happy with all this. They're saying there's good coverage of Gingrich in it as well. It's four hours long but I can't find when it's showing.

Conley
02-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Ah, Feb 20th and 21st:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/clinton/

MMC
02-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Funny you mention Gig-n-Rich. Michael Medved was bringing this point home about him that he and Clinton had quite a bit in Common.

cindy
02-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Funny you mention Gig-n-Rich. Michael Medved was bringing this point home about him that he and Clinton had quite a bit in Common.

Darn tooting both are pigs who can't keep it in their pants!!

Mister D
02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Alas, they are but men...

Conley
02-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Don't the women share some of the blame too?

Edit: I mean the mistresses, not the wives. :laugh: Just wanted to make it clear I wasn't blaming Hillary.

Mister D
02-12-2012, 05:09 PM
I just mean that they are real people with real flaws. Sometimes pretty ugly ones.

MMC
02-12-2012, 07:13 PM
This will then lead to Bilbo getting some more Air time from the MSM again. As he will want to throw a tweet or two out there.

Mister D
02-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Clinton tweets? I don;t even know what a tweet is.'

MMC
02-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Clinton tweets? I don;t even know what a tweet is.'

I don't know if he uses Twitter.....but I am sure he will make those MSDNC and CNN rounds.

jgreer
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Glad I saw this thread it is on tonight

Even the repubs miss Clinton he sure was better than Bush and repubs like him better than Obama

Mister D
02-20-2012, 02:28 PM

Even the repubs miss Clinton he sure was better than Bush and repubs like him better than Obama

I like Clinton better than BO. On the other hand, they ran the same oligopoly.

Conley
02-20-2012, 02:32 PM

Thanks for the bump Greer, I forgot about this.

I too liked Bubba better.

Alias
02-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Bill Clinton knows who and what Obama is.

Bill Clinton: "Obama pulled the race card of me."

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2008/04/bill-clinton-ob-2/

Then we have this gem from President Clinton: "Political instincts of a Chicago thug".

http://startthinkingright.wordpress.com/2008/08/27/bill-clinton-obama-has-political-instincts-of-a-chicago-thug/

Billy is just a good ole boy. Obama is a nasty political thug who say and use any means to keep power.

wingrider
02-21-2012, 01:41 AM
I didn't get to see it.. was it X rated?

Captain Obvious
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
All men really are pigs.

wingrider
02-24-2012, 12:24 AM
All men really are pigs.

nah.. the way I heard it is all men are dogs they just want to bury their bone.

Conley
02-24-2012, 12:28 AM
nah.. the way I heard it is all men are dogs they just want to bury their bone.

:roflmao:

Wish I could thank this multiple times :evil:

wingrider
02-24-2012, 12:53 AM
:roflmao:

Wish I could thank this multiple times :evil:
every once in a while I do find a gem LOL