PDA

View Full Version : Bombers Target Israeli Diplomats In Georgia, and India.....

MMC
02-13-2012, 09:33 AM
JERUSALEM (AP) — Assailants targeted Israeli diplomats in India and Georgia in near-simultaneous strikes on Monday, wounding two people in a car bombing in New Delhi, officials said. Israel said an attempted car bombing in Georgia was thwarted.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu swiftly accused archenemy Iran, and its Lebanese proxy, Hezbollah.

There was no claim of responsibility for the attacks. But Netanyahu also said Israel had thwarted similar attacks in recent months in Azerbaijan and Thailand.

"In all those cases, the elements behind these attacks were Iran and its protege Hezbollah," he said, vowing to "act with a strong hand against international terror.".....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/bombers-target-israeli-diplomats-georgia-india-120935959.html

The bombing in Georgia was thwarted. Both were identical to the bombing of the Iranian scientist.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Tit for tat I guess in the minds of the mullahs....

Conley
02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
JERUSALEM (AP) — Assailants targeted Israeli diplomats in India and Georgia in near-simultaneous strikes on Monday, wounding two people in a car bombing in New Delhi, officials said. Israel said an attempted car bombing in Georgia was thwarted.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu swiftly accused archenemy Iran, and its Lebanese proxy, Hezbollah.

There was no claim of responsibility for the attacks. But Netanyahu also said Israel had thwarted similar attacks in recent months in Azerbaijan and Thailand.

"In all those cases, the elements behind these attacks were Iran and its protege Hezbollah," he said, vowing to "act with a strong hand against international terror.".....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/bombers-target-israeli-diplomats-georgia-india-120935959.html

The bombing in Georgia was thwarted. Both were identical to the bombing of the Iranian scientist.

Identical? What was identical other than them being car bombs?

Mister D
02-13-2012, 09:41 AM
That's probably all he means.

MMC
02-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Identical? What was identical other than them being car bombs?

A number of witnesses told Indian television they saw two people on a motorbike sticking a device onto the rear of the car when it stopped at a traffic signal.....snip~

According to Rueters both Bombings were in Front of Israeli Embassies. :smiley:

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-says-bombs-target-embassies-india-georgia-115811231.html

MMC
02-13-2012, 09:48 AM
The one in Georgia was differnt, that bomb was placed on the undercarriage of the vehicle. Good thing that one guy checked.

Israel's General Benny Grant said No one better test our resolve. Looks Like Iran or Hezbollah just started testing.

Conley
02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks MMC. That motorbike style seems common, seems like it would be especially effective in India where everyone just drives where they want (no lanes). Doing it in front of the embassy seems kind of stupid, I'm not surprised it wasn't effective. I don't thin Iran can't really take out anyone on the Israeli side that is the equivalent of their own nuclear scientists in terms of value.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Agreed. They are just targeting random Israeli officials.

MMC
02-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I was going by how they took out that Iranian scientist. Same way ride up and attach a bomb. But it is clear Iran or Hezbollah has increased those tensions and is escalating the game plan. Even while under threat of attack.

MMC
02-13-2012, 10:16 AM
I was referring to the way Israel took out the Iranian scientist. Same way, ride up and attach a bomb. But it is clear that iran or Hezbollah has increased those tensions and is escalating their game plan. Even Under threat of attack.

Conley
02-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I think I've figured out MMC's strategy to boost his post count. :wink: You'll never catch me MMC! :laugh:

Mister D
02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
:wink:

Conley
02-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Oh snap, look who joined the 10k club! Congrats Dr. D!

MMC
02-13-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alij7R19TB4&feature=related

:occasion1: :yo: :thumbsup: ......Congrads D-Man! :dancing:

Conley
02-13-2012, 10:58 AM
MMC has seven stars! What's up with that?

Hey wait a sec so does D!

I only have six. :angry: :laugh:

MMC
02-13-2012, 11:01 AM
I think I've figured out MMC's strategy to boost his post count. :wink: You'll never catch me MMC! :laugh:

Course D and I can't catch you Admin, erm I mean Conley! :rollseyes: :kiss: :laugh:

Mister D
02-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Clever fellow that Conley...:angry:

MMC
02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
MMC has seven stars! What's up with that?

Hey wait a sec so does D!

I only have six. :angry: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO_brEreGLw&feature=related

:tongue20:

Conley
02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
:rofl: What a video.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Twisted Sister did Leader of the Pack? :laugh:

MMC
02-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Twisted Sister did Leader of the Pack? :laugh:

Yeah but not the original. Still you know how our brutha is about badges and ribbons. :wink: See thats that Liberal coming out of of him. :cya20:

Mister D
02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
What were they thinking?

MMC
02-13-2012, 05:55 PM
What were they thinking?

Who? The Iranians or Twisted Sister? :laugh:

Mister D
02-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I know they didn't do the original! :rollseyes: :laugh: Did you know I did their payroll at one time? :grin:

MMC
02-13-2012, 06:50 PM
I know they didn't do the original! :rollseyes: :laugh: Did you know I did their payroll at one time? :grin:

Dee Synders? Very Cool! :cool2:

MMC
02-13-2012, 07:19 PM
No attackers have been identified in either incident. An unconfirmed report says that a third Israeli facility in Amsterdam may also have been targeted.

In New York, police have stepped up security at the Israeli consulate, at residences and on consulate vehicles. "The NYPD adjusts its counterterrorism posture to include information about events overseas," said Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne. "That's why the public may have noticed increased NYPD presence in recent weeks at Israeli government facilities and synagogues, although there has been no specific threat in New York."

Sources told ABC News Global Affairs Anchor Christiane Amanpour that it was likely Iran would use this type of "asymmetrical" warfare, and include U.S. global targets as well, if its nuclear facilities are attacked.
Sources also said Israel may be using the military wing of the Iranian exile group People's Mujahedin of Iran, or MEK, which is on the U.S. terror list, to carry out assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists. MEK's political wing, the National Council of Resistance of Iran, is currently lobbying on Capitol Hill to have the group removed from the terror list.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-iranian-payback-bombings-israeli-targets-mimic-attacks-144627017--abc-news.html

Mister D
02-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Iran will isolate itself. This will backfire. Mark my words.

Conley
02-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Really though, Iran has already isolated itself plenty before this latest incident. In any event I wouldn't be surprised if the Israelis and the U.S. are exaggerating this threat as a precursor to military action to sway popular opinion.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 07:50 PM
No doubt but they still have Russia and China sticking up for them. They are only doing that to stivk their thumb in our eye. Once Iran becomes an embarrassment or a liability to them Iran will dropped like a bad habit.

Possibly. That's a little cynical but it's certainly plausible.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Dee Synders? Very Cool! :cool2:

Yeah. I had no idea who it was until someone told me and then the name sounded familiar again. :laugh:

Conley
02-13-2012, 07:53 PM
No doubt but they still have Russia and China sticking up for them. They are only doing that to stivk their thumb in our eye. Once Iran becomes an embarrassment or a liability to them Iran will dropped like a bad habit.

Definitely Russia and China are using Iran to get back at us. I'm not sure if they will drop them but they certainly won't intervene with any military action. If Iran still has money they can move then Russia will probably be fine with selling them more weapons as well.

Conley
02-13-2012, 07:54 PM

Re your second point I think that's just smart diplomacy. It's not unique to the U.S. by any means. Just an effort to paint your enemy in the worst possible light.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Re your second point I think that's just smart diplomacy. It's not unique to the U.S. by any means. Just an effort to paint your enemy in the worst possible light.

Understood. I think you may be right.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Definitely Russia and China are using Iran to get back at us. I'm not sure if they will drop them but they certainly won't intervene with any military action. If Iran still has money they can move then Russia will probably be fine with selling them more weapons as well.

If Iran keeps lashing out like this I think there will come a point where Russia and China will perceive them as a liability. They want to use Iran to assert their world influence but they don't want a proxy war, IMHO.

MMC
02-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Uhm.....Iran has already isolated itself. They are in the corner. But they have let the ball stay in our court. As if the israeli intel is good and that they already have 4 Nukes. Then they need not do anything but what they are. Pretty much telling the Israelis make your move. All the while increasing their defenses.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Uhm.....Iran has already isolated itself. They are in the corner. But they have let the ball stay in our court. As if the israeli intel is good and that they already have 4 Nukes. Then they need not do anything but what they are. Pretty much telling the Israelis make your move. All the while increasing their defenses.

They are still receiving some diplomatic support from Russia and China. IMO, that will end.

Conley
02-13-2012, 08:04 PM
If Iran keeps lashing out like this I think there will come a point where Russia and China will perceive them as a liability. They want to use Iran to assert their world influence but they don't want a proxy war, IMHO.

True, a proxy war wouldn't serve their interests. I wonder though if a new regime might be an even closer ally to one or the other, but it's probably not worth it to either nation to roll the dice on that.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Moreover, toppling the mullahs is the goal not conquering and remaking Iran. Increased isolation will only make that goal easier to attain.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 08:06 PM
True, a proxy war wouldn't serve their interests. I wonder though if a new regime might be an even closer ally to one or the other, but it's probably not worth it to either nation to roll the dice on that.

Well Iran is a little different in so far as that we know Iranian dissident groups aren't Islamists.

MMC
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Either way the Russians cannot afford to lose Iran and Syria. Nor can China. Which is why they will no longer consider any more Sanctions against either. 24 billion in Arms sales to Syria alone. Even more with Iran. As well as their source to the region, for means of access. IMO they will wait to see if Israel jumps to see if there is any possibility of a chance for success. If it doesnt happen and then if anybody else jumps in. Then I believe the Russians will enter into the fray.

Conley
02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
They are still receiving some diplomatic support from Russia and China. IMO, that will end.

Just a random thought...Unlike the situation in Syria, do you think the support from Russia and China has had any real effect on the Iran situation? My thinking is that even in the absence of their support the U.S. would still be in this holding pattern along with Israel. I don't think that is what is stopping the military action.

Mister D
02-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Just a random thought...Unlike the situation in Syria, do you think the support from Russia and China has had any real effect on the Iran situation? My thinking is that even in the absence of their support the U.S. would still be in this holding pattern along with Israel. I don't think that is what is stopping the military action.

I think it gives Iran a sense of being in a more secure position that they are in reality which is leading them to do more aggressive and defiant then they might otherwise be. Once it becomes increasingly clear that it's Iran against the world that will help undermine the regime domestically. Just my opinion.