PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare "Horror Stories" prove to be mostly BULLSHIT

Cigar
12-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Here's some Obamacare horror stories courtesy of GOP toadies of M$M. This article should be referred to in comments all over the internet (including Corporate media sites) to shove the truth in the faces of people who still don't know that M$M gossip mongers don't investigate any of the GOP Propaganda they cheerfully repeat on the air for the suckers to swallow.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/11/05/the-medias-obamacare-horror-stories-continue-to/196753

MYTH: ACA Caused Family's Premiums To Double. Hannity's October 11 show also featured Allison and Curt De Nijs, a couple who claimed their existing health care plan was being cancelled and their new health insurance policy would double:

ALLISON DE NIJS: Well, we became self-employed three years ago. And over the course of three years, our insurance has jumped 49 percent. We just got our letter from our insurance carrier that our policy is going to be terminated, and we're going to be transitioned to an ACA-compliant policy because it has to include essential health care benefits.

HANNITY: Right.

ALLISON DE NIJS: And we don't even have insurance for our daughter, who has a pre-existing condition. So we're looking at probably $20,000 in premiums next year.

HANNITY: Up from?

ALLISON DE NIJS: Up from -- well, originally, it started out at about $740 and going up to $1,105 next year.

HANNITY: Wow.

ALLISON DE NIJS: And plus our daughter's going to be about $600 a month.

HANNITY: So you're going to pay 13 -- 19,000 grand a year in health insurance, between you -- just you guys and your daughter, $19,000?

ALLISON DE NIJS: Yes.

HANNITY: Which is how much higher than what it was? Twice as high?

CURT DE NIJS: Twice as high. (Fox News, Hannity, 10/11/13)

REALITY: The Couple Had Not Compared ACA Plan Pricing And Would Likely Save Money On The Exchange. Salon's Stern also contacted Allison De Nijs, who admitted that she had not shopped on the exchange. After researching their situation, Stern found that the couple would save 60% on their health care costs:

I asked Allison if she'd shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn't done so because she'd heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it's up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.

I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don't smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market. (Salon, 10/18/13)

MYTH: ACA Caused Couple's Premiums To Increase By 50 To 72 Percent. Hannity also hosted Robbie and Tina Robinson, who claimed that their plan was being canceled and similar coverage would increase their policy's cost by 50 to 72 percent:

ROBBIE ROBINSON: Well, Sean, I've been -- I've been self-employed for 20 years and --

ROBBIE ROBINSON: But for about 20 years now. And recently, we heard from our insurance provider that our current policy will be canceled, no longer available when it ends. And our new policy that we can have won't have the same benefits to it. Anything similar, though, is going to rise between, like, 50 to 72 percent, and it'll have things in it that we have no choice. Like, we'll have to have maternity benefits. And we're not planning on having any more kids.

HANNITY: Yes.

ROBBIE ROBINSON: And we're going to have to have pediatric eye care and other things like that, and we -- our kids are all away from home.

HANNITY: Yes.

ROBBIE ROBINSON: So...

HANNITY: So it's not -- it's not -- it's not a plan that you need.

ROBBIE ROBINSON: Exactly. (Fox News, Hannity, 10/11/13)

REALITY: The Robinsons Could Access Coverage For 63 Percent Less Under ACA Exchanges. Stern contacted the Robinsons and found that they hadn't shopped for coverage on the exchanges, where they could have accessed a policy that would cost 63 percent less than their current plan:

When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.

Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most, $3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill. It might cover things that they don't need, but so does every insurance policy. (Salon, 10/18/13)

if anybody would investigate :laugh:

jillian
12-05-2013, 01:59 PM
they're allergic to fact

patrickt
12-05-2013, 05:18 PM
There are those who wouldn't know a fact if it bit them in the ass. If you'd like to see a compilation of propaganda, read the article that our master of BULLSHIT cites.

zelmo1234
12-05-2013, 05:22 PM
That is good news, then my employee's will be thrilled to be on the program if they do not renew the waver in 2014

GrassrootsConservative
12-05-2013, 05:24 PM
LMAO mediamatters.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/pages/static/media_matters_facts

del
12-05-2013, 05:41 PM
LMAO mediamatters.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/pages/static/media_matters_facts

oh, well, if rush says so....

del
12-05-2013, 05:44 PM
they're allergic to fact

that's covered as a pre-existing condition, iirc.

del
12-05-2013, 05:44 PM
That is good news, then my employee's will be thrilled to be on the program if they do not renew the waver in 2014

how many employees do you have?

GrassrootsConservative
12-05-2013, 05:46 PM
oh, well, if rush says so....

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2012/jlaksin/media-matters-exposed/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/27/media-matters-honcho-sorry-after-blasting-drudge-for-trayvon-photo/

They're liars, dude.

del
12-05-2013, 05:47 PM
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2012/jlaksin/media-matters-exposed/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/27/media-matters-honcho-sorry-after-blasting-drudge-for-trayvon-photo/

They're liars, dude.

sure they are

only people who agree with you tell the truth

got it

GrassrootsConservative
12-05-2013, 05:48 PM
sure they are

only people who agree with you tell the truth

got it

That's your viewpoint projected onto me. I would stop if I were you.

zelmo1234
12-05-2013, 05:50 PM
how many employees do you have?

72, but if they do not extend the Waver, then I will have 49!

del
12-05-2013, 05:50 PM
That's your viewpoint projected onto me. I would stop if I were you.

sure, pal, whatever you say

i just don't have the same confidence in rush and foxnews that you do, i guess.

my loss

eta: and david horowitz

how could i forget david horowitz? :laugh:

del
12-05-2013, 05:51 PM
72, but if they do not extend the Waver, then I will have 49!

that's smart business, all right

lol

zelmo1234
12-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Here is the thing, both sides are totally invested in this. so the truth is likely to be somewhere in the middle

For me, the cost to cover my employee's the way that the law requires is too expensive and I won't afford it because it makes the margin for error too small!

Some of the success stories are BS and some of the horror stories are BS

If the law works and people save money and can get the care they need, the Democrats have won a huge victory. and if the law is half as bad as the republicans are making out, it will be a huge hit to the democrats and more directly, the progressive womb to tomb government care that they are pushing!

When each party, has this much as stake, you can bet that the truth will be hard to find!

zelmo1234
12-05-2013, 05:56 PM
that's smart business, all right

lol

More than happy to fly you in and if you can show me how I can remain profitable, that would be great!

But so far I can't afford to do what they are asking me to do!

del
12-05-2013, 05:58 PM
More than happy to fly you in and if you can show me how I can remain profitable, that would be great!

But so far I can't afford to do what they are asking me to do!

i appreciate the offer, but i don't work for free.

been dealing with mandatory insurance under romneycare since '06 and business keeps growing

good luck!

zelmo1234
12-05-2013, 06:00 PM
i appreciate the offer, but i don't work for free.

been dealing with mandatory insurance under romneycare since '06 and business keeps growing

good luck!

Don't blame you,

And thanks but I am not working on luck! just good business!

When you get to the point that you don't have to struggle, then it becomes very hard to continue to work, if the right profit margin is not there!