PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Randy Forbes (R-VA): Deny Money to Gay Candidates

Green Arrow
12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Rep. Randy Forbes: Deny money to gay candidates (http://www.politico.com/story/2013/12/gay-republican-candidates-100686.html?hp=f2)

Virginia Rep. Randy Forbes, a senior House Republican eyeing a powerful committee chairmanship, is causing friction with some of his colleagues by pushing the House GOP campaign arm to deny support for some of the party’s gay congressional candidates.

Forbes has waged a lengthy crusade to convince his colleagues and the National Republican Congressional Committee brass they shouldn’t back some gay candidates. His efforts on Capitol Hill were described to POLITICO by more than a half-dozen sources with direct knowledge of the talks.

The issue is particularly acute because House Republicans have two promising openly gay candidates in 2014 vying for seats held by Democrats. Richard Tisei, who narrowly lost to Democratic Rep. John Tierney in 2012, is running again in northeastern Massachusetts. And in San Diego, Carl DeMaio, a former city councilman, is trying to knock off Democratic Rep. Scott Peters.

Neither DeMaio nor Tisei responded to messages on their cellphones seeking comment.

http://www.troll.me/images/facepalm-picard/oh-for-fuck-sake-not-this-shit-again.jpg

Honestly, why is it necessary to turn off every group imaginable?

Cigar
12-05-2013, 02:54 PM
They can't help themselves :grin:

jillian
12-05-2013, 02:55 PM
They can't help themselves :grin:

its all the wacko brigade's got...

well, that and laws to control what other people do with their bodies.

Green Arrow
12-05-2013, 02:59 PM

Why is abortion so important to you? Serious question. It's the only issue you are so adamant about around here, and you've brought it up in totally unrelated discussions.

Codename Section
12-05-2013, 03:01 PM
If they want to protect the 1-10 amendments they could be drag queens and I'd vote for them. Nonissue

Green Arrow
12-05-2013, 03:05 PM
If they want to protect the 1-10 amendments they could be drag queens and I'd vote for them. Nonissue

There's a gay candidate considering a primary challenge to Lindsay Graham and actually has a far better constitutional/civil liberties stance than Graham. Why on earth should we pick Graham?

I agree that it's a non-issue.

The Xl
12-05-2013, 03:08 PM

Drag queens? They could literally be sucking dick and doing coke during the debates and whatnot, and as long I had confidence they'd protect the Bill of Rights, I'd vote and advocate for said person happily.

Peter1469
12-05-2013, 08:43 PM

It is the religious right. The GOP doesn't really like them, only their votes.

Peter1469
12-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Why is abortion so important to you? Serious question. It's the only issue you are so adamant about around here, and you've brought it up in totally unrelated discussions.

I find that to many American women, the abortion issue is the only political issue that they care about.

Cigar
12-05-2013, 09:00 PM
I find that to many American women, the abortion issue is the only political issue that they care about.

Women are kinda funny that way, when Men try to control their bodies.

Agravan
12-05-2013, 09:20 PM

yeah, because there are no wackos on the other side of the aisle...