PDA

View Full Version : Activists want Obama to bypass Congress

Peter1469
12-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Activists want Obama to bypass Congress. (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/5/activists-encourage-obama-to-circumvent-congress-u/)

This sure would set up a solid impeachment case. And it isn't surprising that the activists so easily ignore the Constitution.

President Obama’s repeated use of presidential powers is causing a tough problem — his own supporters now expect him to use it to achieve everything they want.

From immigration to the minimum wage, congressional Democrats and liberal activists this week urged Mr. Obama to declare an end run around Capitol Hill, assert executive authority and make as much progress as he can on the expansive agenda he laid out for his second term.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/5/activists-encourage-obama-to-circumvent-congress-u/#ixzz2miWWrfUu
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes)

The Wash
12-06-2013, 01:51 PM
I think that all these people are chumps. They are being financed by global elitists to destroy freedom through baby steps. It says in the Book that the devil that deceived them shall come as an angel of light. We got these dumbbasses in my community praising Obama for the same shit Bush did because he's one of us.

It's a trick. I shall not be tricked.

Mini Me
12-06-2013, 03:32 PM
I think Bama may have a mandate(perceived) of the people to:

1) Revive the horrid economy and create jobs and have another stimulous
2) Indict and imprison the Wall Street crooks and traders who caused the collapse
3) Find peacefull solutions to prevent war with Iran and Syria, etc

Of course, this would mean he would have to turn his back on the elite that rule him, and The Rethuglicans will fight him on these things. If he has a consience, he would do so, as he is a lame duck anyway, and finally start performing the liberal agenda of those who voted for him.

Maybe he is turning the corner now, stranger things have happened before in politics.

NOTE: I am not enthralled with all of the liberal agenda, in particular his stance on enviro nutism. But he will want to leave office with some major accompishments, and ObamaScare wont be one of them!

Mini Me
12-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I think that all these people are chumps. They are being financed by global elitists to destroy freedom through baby steps. It says in the Book that the devil that deceived them shall come as an angel of light. We got these dumbbasses in my community praising Obama for the same shit Bush did because he's one of us.

It's a trick. I shall not be tricked.

The people who voted for him were tricked! They expected a liberal agenda, and not BUSH III !
Hes just another Bilderberger puppet talking Long Legged Mack Daddy smack!

But dont despair, hes making headway on the foreign affairs stuff now with Iran and Syria, and has told Netanyahu to STFU. The economy still sucks tho.

nic34
12-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I think Bama may have a mandate(perceived) of the people to:

1) Revive the horrid economy and create jobs and have another stimulous
2) Indict and imprison the Wall Street crooks and traders who caused the collapse
3) Find peacefull solutions to prevent war with Iran and Syria, etc

Of course, this would mean he would have to turn his back on the elite that rule him, and The Rethuglicans will fight him on these things. If he has a consience, he would do so, as he is a lame duck anyway, and finally start performing the liberal agenda of those who voted for him.

Maybe he is turning the corner now, stranger things have happened before in politics.

NOTE: I am not enthralled with all of the liberal agenda, in particular his stance on enviro nutism. But he will want to leave office with some major accompishments, and ObamaScare wont be one of them!

I would add closing Gitmo and defunding Afghanistan (and a few other places) occupation....

jillian
12-06-2013, 03:38 PM
how so? bush used executive orders to get around congress all the time.

Activists want Obama to bypass Congress. (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/5/activists-encourage-obama-to-circumvent-congress-u/)

This sure would set up a solid impeachment case. And it isn't surprising that the activists so easily ignore the Constitution.

Agravan
12-06-2013, 03:49 PM
how so? bush used executive orders to get around congress all the time.http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/9/2/7/0/6/9/blame-bush-34462400316.jpeg

Codename Section
12-06-2013, 03:56 PM

You can say both Bush and Obama were wrong, ya know. Using Bush as a means of justifying Obama is like saying you can use Hitler to justify what Stalin did.

It was wrong for both of them.

Chris
12-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Two wrongs make things wronger, iow.

But how does the end around requested fit the definition of Executive Order? "United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law[1] when they take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress which explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation). Like statutes or regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution." @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

What's asked for goes beyond.

Not sure impeachment would suffice, or be all that would happen. Obama, not unlike Bush, has shredded the Constitution. This might be a step too far and truly split the nation.

Peter1469
12-06-2013, 04:13 PM
The people who voted for him were tricked! They expected a liberal agenda, and not BUSH III !
Hes just another Bilderberger puppet talking Long Legged Mack Daddy smack!

But dont despair, hes making headway on the foreign affairs stuff now with Iran and Syria, and has told Netanyahu to STFU. The economy still sucks tho.

In many ways Bush was a lib. He was spending like a drunken democrat.

Mini Me
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM
In many ways Bush was a lib. He was spending like a drunken democrat.

More like spending like a drunken Reagan!

Rethuglicans bust budgets and deficit finance all the time!That's the biggest lie that they are "fiscally conservative". Just look at the evidence! The numbers don't lie!

Max Rockatansky
12-09-2013, 07:49 AM

Whether we like it or not, if it's legal, the leaders of any government branches have the option of using those means. If Congress wants to limit the powers of the Executive branch, they need to get to work on passing that legislation. Why won't they? Because when a Republican President is elected in 2016, they don't want to see his powers limited.

Peter1469
12-09-2013, 09:58 AM
More like spending like a drunken Reagan!

Rethuglicans bust budgets and deficit finance all the time!That's the biggest lie that they are "fiscally conservative". Just look at the evidence! The numbers don't lie!

Reagan made a deal with the dems to have a certain about of spending reductions in exchange for tax increases. Guess what, no spending cuts....

Codename Section
12-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Whether we like it or not, if it's legal, the leaders of any government branches have the option of using those means. If Congress wants to limit the powers of the Executive branch, they need to get to work on passing that legislation. Why won't they? Because when a Republican President is elected in 2016, they don't want to see his powers limited.

I think its more that they're all playing on the same team. That would also be why it doesn't matter who's in charge, governments grow and corporations become richer.

Max Rockatansky
12-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I think its more that they're all playing on the same team. That would also be why it doesn't matter who's in charge, governments grow and corporations become richer.

If that were true, then people like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Harry Reid are just elitists bullshitting America?

jillian
12-09-2013, 11:47 AM
If that were true, then people like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Harry Reid are just elitists bullshitting America?

he thinks they're different. which is kind of funny.

Max Rockatansky
12-09-2013, 12:13 PM
he thinks they're different. which is kind of funny.

I find that hard to believe since it would make his previous post both false and hypocritical.