PDA

View Full Version : Another Interesting Most Wanted List

Mister D
07-20-2011, 11:34 AM
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/topTenFugitives.htm#;view=Top_Fugitives/fugitive=1

I've seen some interesting most wanted lists from California too. Mestizos are often classified as "white" when they perpetrate a crime. The native white crime rate is probably much lower than it is made to appear. Is it a deliberate effort to conceal the real costs of migration? No, this is probably just the sloppiness and irrationality that is part and parcel of government record keeping.

Conley
07-20-2011, 11:59 AM
What is the exact definition of Mestizo?

Race is a tricky concept anyway, but it gets more confusing with Hispanics and calling them "white", because some of them are of lighter skin tone than say U.S. whites of Italian or Greek descent for example...

Mister D
07-20-2011, 12:25 PM

Race is a tricky concept anyway, but it gets more confusing with Hispanics and calling them "white", because some of them are of lighter skin tone than say U.S. whites of Italian or Greek descent for example...

Mestizo is a term for a mixed white/Native American population which is exactly what much of Latin America consists of.

Technically, "caucasian' refers to persons European, North African and Eurasian descent. Yes, race is tricky no doubt but with only one or two exceptions I would not describe any of these men as white. They look like mestizos.

Conley
07-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Mestizo is a term for a mixed white/Native American population which is exactly what much of Latin America consists of.

Technically, "caucasian' refers to persons European, North African and Eurasian descent. Yes, race is tricky no doubt but with only one or two exceptions I would not describe any of these men as white. They look like mestizos.

I have not looked at the mug shots yet 8)

Was just curious about what you wrote...there is a whole class of white generally wealthy Hispanics in Latin America and here as well, but of course they are a huge minority in terms of numbers. They have prided themselves on not mixing with the natives for generations, ever since their arrival from Europe. Would you consider them white, since in some cases we're only talking about 100 - 200 years? I am not talking about the discovery of the New World here...

Conley
07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
All 10 of those dudes look Hispanic to me

:D

Mister D
07-20-2011, 12:55 PM

I have not looked at the mug shots yet 8)

Was just curious about what you wrote...there is a whole class of white generally wealthy Hispanics in Latin America and here as well, but of course they are a huge minority in terms of numbers. They have prided themselves on not mixing with the natives for generations, ever since their arrival from Europe. Would you consider them white, since in some cases we're only talking about 100 - 200 years? I am not talking about the discovery of the New World here...

Absolutely. Anyone of who is primarily of European descent I would consider white. Mexico has a large white minority, for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Mexican

What is you say is true. The ruling classes in many Latin American countries are predominantly white in the sense that they are of European descent for the most part.

Mister D
07-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Exactly. Mind you, I'm not saying it's deliberate but this kind of record keeping muddies the waters.

Conley
07-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Exactly. Mind you, I'm not saying it's deliberate but this kind of record keeping muddies the waters.

So how do you think the Texas authorities determine it? Do they just eyeball em?

Put some of those dudes in the sun for a few days and I bet they'd no longer be classified as White. It is an odd system, but I guess it's the best they can do for adding to the physical descriptors in the hopes of someone spotting them.

Mister D
07-20-2011, 01:01 PM
It should be noted that many of the first Spaniards to arrive did mate with the natives. They weren't settlers so they brought very few European women with them. Moreover, some men went to colonies on assignment and had no intenmtion of staying.

Conley
07-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Surprised they have a burglar on there, would have thought it'd be limited to pedophiles and murderers. Perhaps that's not the full rap sheet.

Mister D
07-20-2011, 01:05 PM

So how do you think the Texas authorities determine it? Do they just eyeball em?

Put some of those dudes in the sun for a few days and I bet they'd no longer be classified as White. It is an odd system, but I guess it's the best they can do for adding to the physical descriptors in the hopes of someone spotting them.

That's a good question. I don't know. ??? It could be that they are relying on self-identification. These guys may have filled out forms for s state agency at some point in their lives and the options were limited.

Mister D
07-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Surprised they have a burglar on there, would have thought it'd be limited to pedophiles and murderers. Perhaps that's not the full rap sheet.

They say these guys may be armed and dangerous. I'm not going to sit there and stare at them to make sure I recognize the guy. :D