PDA

View Full Version : You Live To Serve The State: Gun Control

iustitia
12-11-2013, 09:47 PM
A Review of the State: Do You Trust Government?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” - C. S. Lewis
“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.” - Plato
"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H. L. Mencken

Gun Control

I won't make this as long as the other two topics. The history of dictators seizing guns and subjugating their people is so great only an ideologue or historical illiterate could possibly not see the correlation between people being disarmed by the state and people being oppressed by the state. So instead of the history and quote-laden walls of text I usually provide to dismantle notions of humanitarian statism, I'll provide some food for thought in the form of papers detailing and outlining the racist origins of gun control here in America. Most people might think of Germany or Russia as examples of governments that disarmed their people to maintain control. We seldom think of the plight of minorities in our own contry and their history of being disarmed and victimized not just by mobs but by law.

The Racist Roots of Gun Control

http://www.constitution.org/cmt/cramer/racist_roots.htm
(roughly 13 pages of racial gun control history)

The Racist Origins of US Gun Control: Law Designed to Disarm Slaves, Freedmen, and African-Americans

http://www.old-yankee.com/rkba/racial_laws.html
(roughly 20 pages of racial gun control history)

http://politichicks.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Gun-Control-Hall-of-Fame.jpg

Ok I lied about not using quotes.

“The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country.” - Adolf Hitler, April 11, 1942
Nazi Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.” - Joseph Stalin

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. By 1987 that figure had risen to 61,911,000.

“The measures adopted to restore public order are: First of all, the elimination of the so-called subversive elements. … They were elements of disorder and subversion. On the morrow of each conflict I gave the categorical order to confiscate the largest possible number of weapons of every sort and kind. This confiscation, which continues with the utmost energy, has given satisfactory results.” - Benito Mussolini 1931

“All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” - Mao Tze Tung, Nov 6 1938

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952 10,076,000 political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated in Kuomintang China, and by 1987 another 35,236,000 exterminations were carried out under the Communists.

“I did not join the resistance movement to kill people, to kill the nation. Look at me now. Am I a savage person? My conscience is clear.” - Pol Pot

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. Between 1975-1979 2,035,000 “educated” people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. During four years of its rule, Pol Pot’s Khmer Rouge government killed over 31% of the entire Cambodian population.

“Guns, for what?” A response to Cuban citizens who said the people might need to keep their guns, after Castro announced strict gun control in Cuba. - Fidel Castro

But it should of course be no shock that the greatest crimes of history have been carried out by governments. Americans should not forget that the British attempting to seize the arms of the colonists resulted in the Battle of Lexington and Concord. Knowing the history of crimes by the state, knowing the origins of our nation, and knowing the Constitution and intent of our founders it's hard not to recognize the need to safeguard the rights of the individual over the whines of the mob or the state. “No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government” – Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I leave you with this- What is the real purpose of politics?
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and hence clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.“ H.L. Mencken

Can you really, safely assume that the state's machinations are not diabolical?

Codename Section
12-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Make it as long. You put together good shit, dude.

iustitia
12-14-2013, 07:41 PM
I see I cannot update a post after a certain span of time. I may add more information from time to time. However for now I'll simply add the following-

The Second Amendment-
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The Second Amendment and State Constitutions by Clayton Cramer
http://www.claytoncramer.com/popular/state2nd.htm
Has information on the Second Amendment and has a mention of racial-restrictions for blacks.

I recommend a long but worthwhile book "The Founders' Second Amendment" which includes more history than you can imagine about the origins of the right to bear arms and the Revolution.

I also recommend reading up on the history of Native American Indians and their disarmament. We tend to forget the crimes against Indians even more than blacks.

donttread
12-15-2013, 11:35 AM
A Review of the State: Do You Trust Government?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” - C. S. Lewis
“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.” - Plato
"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H. L. Mencken

Gun Control

I won't make this as long as the other two topics. The history of dictators seizing guns and subjugating their people is so great only an ideologue or historical illiterate could possibly not see the correlation between people being disarmed by the state and people being oppressed by the state. So instead of the history and quote-laden walls of text I usually provide to dismantle notions of humanitarian statism, I'll provide some food for thought in the form of papers detailing and outlining the racist origins of gun control here in America. Most people might think of Germany or Russia as examples of governments that disarmed their people to maintain control. We seldom think of the plight of minorities in our own contry and their history of being disarmed and victimized not just by mobs but by law.

The Racist Roots of Gun Control
http://www.constitution.org/cmt/cramer/racist_roots.htm
(roughly 13 pages of racial gun control history)

The Racist Origins of US Gun Control: Law Designed to Disarm Slaves, Freedmen, and African-Americans
http://www.old-yankee.com/rkba/racial_laws.html
(roughly 20 pages of racial gun control history)

http://politichicks.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Gun-Control-Hall-of-Fame.jpg

Ok I lied about not using quotes.

“The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country.” - Adolf Hitler, April 11, 1942
Nazi Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.” - Joseph Stalin

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. By 1987 that figure had risen to 61,911,000.

“The measures adopted to restore public order are: First of all, the elimination of the so-called subversive elements. … They were elements of disorder and subversion. On the morrow of each conflict I gave the categorical order to confiscate the largest possible number of weapons of every sort and kind. This confiscation, which continues with the utmost energy, has given satisfactory results.” - Benito Mussolini 1931

“All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” - Mao Tze Tung, Nov 6 1938

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952 10,076,000 political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated in Kuomintang China, and by 1987 another 35,236,000 exterminations were carried out under the Communists.

“I did not join the resistance movement to kill people, to kill the nation. Look at me now. Am I a savage person? My conscience is clear.” - Pol Pot

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. Between 1975-1979 2,035,000 “educated” people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. During four years of its rule, Pol Pot’s Khmer Rouge government killed over 31% of the entire Cambodian population.

“Guns, for what?” A response to Cuban citizens who said the people might need to keep their guns, after Castro announced strict gun control in Cuba. - Fidel Castro

But it should of course be no shock that the greatest crimes of history have been carried out by governments. Americans should not forget that the British attempting to seize the arms of the colonists resulted in the Battle of Lexington and Concord. Knowing the history of crimes by the state, knowing the origins of our nation, and knowing the Constitution and intent of our founders it's hard not to recognize the need to safeguard the rights of the individual over the whines of the mob or the state. “No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government” – Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I leave you with this- What is the real purpose of politics?
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and hence clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.“ H.L. Mencken

Can you really, safely assume that the state's machinations are not diabolical?

Yup its all about control not guns

jillian
12-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Make it as long. You put together good shit, dude.

it would probably be better if a constitutional analysis was based on actual constitutional analysis.

iustitia
01-07-2014, 06:39 AM
it would probably be better if a constitutional analysis was based on actual constitutional analysis.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

zelmo1234
01-07-2014, 06:49 AM

Usually when someone disputes the information they counter that will information that refutes the others facts.

I know that you are entitled to your opinion, as all are but you see you happen to be a liberal and liberals have a history of telling lies to advance an agenda!

iustitia
01-20-2014, 08:24 PM
I posted a link earlier to this but I forgot I also had this document saved as a public file-

http://www.scribd.com/doc/194887392/The-Second-Amendment-and-State-Constitut

This is for anyone that tries to suggest that the Second Amendment isn't about a personal right to bear arms and only protects a militia's right to defend the government, something I hear often from statists; I've seen Jillian make such an absurd claim recently.

Peter1469
01-20-2014, 08:50 PM
There is no rational argument that the second amendment is not an individual right, unless you believe in a living constitution, which means we have no constitution when you come down to it.

iustitia
01-20-2014, 09:42 PM
There is no rational argument that the second amendment is not an individual right, unless you believe in a living constitution, which means we have no constitution when you come down to it.
Exactly.

Also, since there's the hot button in another topic regarding the holocaust, I thought I should revisit the following-

Warsaw Ghetto Uprising – The Nazis had herded the Jews into the ghettos to get them ready for deportation to the camps. In January 1943, a small group of Jews armed mostly with handguns attacked the Germans. The Germans regrouped and came back in April where the Jews dug in and defended against a far more powerful German army trained for battle, equipped with machine guns and other weapons until June when they surrendered. A total of 17 Germans were killed and another 93 wounded; more than 13,000 Jews were killed.

“The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so. Indeed I would go so far as to say that the underdog is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country.”
--- Adolf Hitler April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitlers Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942.
[Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuhrer's Headquarters 1941-1942], Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaum-Verlag, Bonn, 1951)

Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons

November 11, 1938
With a basis in §31 of the Weapons Law of 18 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p.265), Article III of the Law on the Reunification of Austria with Germany of 13 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 237), and §9 of the Führer and Chancellor's decree on the administration of the Sudeten-German districts of 1 October 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p 1331) are the following ordered:

§1
Jews (§5 of the First Regulations of the German Citizenship Law of 14 November 1935, Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 1333) are prohibited from acquiring, possessing, and carrying firearms and ammunition, as well as truncheons or stabbing weapons. Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority.
§2
Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation.
§3
The Minister of the Interior may make exceptions to the Prohibition in §1 for Jews who are foreign nationals. He can entrust other authorities with this power.
§4
Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions of §1 will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. In especially severe cases of deliberate violations, the punishment is imprisonment in a penitentiary for up to five years.
§5
For the implementation of this regulation, the Minister of the Interior waives the necessary legal and administrative provisions.
§6
This regulation is valid in the state of Austria and in the Sudeten-German districts.
Berlin, 11 November 1938
Minister of the Interior
Frick