PDA

View Full Version : Obama rating up; GOP enthusiasm down

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Obama rating up; GOP enthusiasm down (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/15/cnn-poll-obama-approval-rating-back-to-50-mark/?hpt=hp_t2)

Washington (CNN) - President Barack Obama's approval rating is back to 50% for the first time in more than eight months, and he currently holds an edge against all the remaining Republican presidential candidates in hypothetical head-to-head match-ups, according to a new national survey.And a CNN/ORC International Poll released Wednesday also indicates that the GOP's advantage on enthusiasm has been erased, and that the number of Americans who think things are going well in the country is on the rise. Six out of ten say things are going poorly in the country, but four out of ten say things are going well, up 15 points since November.

You did it to yourselves Pubs.... but look on the bright side, he's still Romney!

Peter1469
02-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Obama will have to run on his record. He created almost $6T in deficits and is in charge as the US enters a double dip recession. If the major banks were forced to honestly report their bad mortgages they would go bust over night.

Conley
02-15-2012, 09:06 PM
I didn't realize opinion on Obama was rising. It's somewhat surprising to me considering how he really has just extended most of Bush's policies.

I'm not surprised that people aren't excited about the Republican candidates. Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich are slim pickings. Really I think the big backers are more than content with another four years of Obama. Why not? That message may be part of why no good Republican candidates stepped forward.

Conley
02-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Obama will have to run on his record. He created almost $6T in deficits and is in charge as the US enters a double dip recession. If the major banks were forced to honestly report their bad mortgages they would go bust over night.

All very true but if no one holds Obama accountable then those that follow him will simply continue growing the problem.

Mister D
02-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Who could possibly believe things are going well in this country right now?

MMC
02-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Obamatons, Like Soros, Gates, and Buffet. If his numbers were rising to the good.....then why does his Army leaveth him? Whence are they going? Already he will be giving up the Senate and the House even if he wins. To top it off he will be facing more Republican Govenors.

Bet they fell off into all that fairness crap. Even the other Dems were shaking their heads with that BS.

Conley
02-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Who could possibly believe things are going well in this country right now?

Six out of ten aren't. The other four are happy because their choice on American Idol is still in the running. :rollseyes:

RollingWave
02-15-2012, 10:38 PM
I think it's going up more due to being annoyed at the hyperboiled GOP message then actual approval of the Obama one.

Conley
02-15-2012, 10:51 PM
You're right RollingWave, it could be that too. Congressional approval is around the single digits and that reflects on both Democrats and Republicans.